We stayed at the Atlantic the weekend before the 4th, for four nights. My husband and I and our 2 small children stayed in an oceanview, 2nd floor room with 2 queens and a pull-out sofa. I've been coming to OCMD my whole life, but this was the first time we came as a family. For the price and location, we couldn't have asked for a better hotel.
-- Best hotel location: on the beach, no nearby high-rises, etc. Seriously - this made our vacation.
-- The staff, especially the front desk crew, were always pleasant and helpful.
-- The parking situation was handled beautifully. We arrived early on Saturday during the check-out/check-in cross-over and parking was hard to find. They had their security out checking parking tags and offered to move our car when a spot opened up.
-- If you're expecting the Ritz, you'll be disappointed. The hotel was very basic, but not shabby. Very typical of other budget friendly hotels/motels in OCMD. You can see how they're slowly moving through the upgrades - I think the oceanfront rooms are probably a little nicer.
-- It was always clean, but there could be improvements. Like other reviewers, our bedsheets never fit quite right and a corner always popped off. I still don't understand why all hotels don't get rid of the crappy bedspreads and go with the white duvet/coverlets like the chain hotels. Haven't we all seen enough Oprah black-light specials?
-- The mattresses have seen better days, but it didn't ruin our trip - we all slept great.
-- The kitchenette was great and well stocked w/ dishes, cups, etc. I'd suggest they keep dustpans/swiffers in the rooms to help manage the sand we tracked in - but they'd probably get lost or stolen. But that would have come in handy for us.
I can recommend:
Belly Busters: Crabs & sandwiches & beer. We would bring the kids back to the room for their naps mid-day and one of us would grab sandwiches from Belly Busters down the block and we'd eat on our balcony.
45t Street Taphouse & OC Steamers: Great location right accross the street and they were really cool with the kids (sand-pail souvineers, etc.)
Fish Tales: Go early, stay forever. Good food, great drinks, amazing concept with the play area/face-painting for the kids.
Heavy Crabs @ 42nd & Coastal: I ordered crabs to bring home for the 4th - they were pricey, but hands down the best crabs I've had in years. The owner and staff are phenomenal.
Avoid at all costs: the Jolly Roger "amusement park". A complete and utter racket. Terrible staff, terrible concept. We should have just walked out when we learned how much it cost. Stick to the boardwalk.
All in all, I've already recommended it to friends and we'd definitely stay here again. Well-managed property in a prime, can't-be-beat location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Great hotel under new ownership and management for Summer 2009! Located directly on the beach with ocean front rooms & balconies. Newly renovated rooms include flat screen TV's, pillow top mattresses, Fully equipped kitchens with refrigerator, stove, microwave, coffeemaker, and toaster. Hotel amenities include outdoor pool, post-checkout changing rooms, complimentary coffee, book & game loans, and a positive smiling staff! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Atlantic Oceanfront Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantic Oceanfront Hotel Ocean City
- Atlantic Oceanfront Ocean City