“4th of July”

Atlantic Oceanfront Inn
Ranked #36 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed July 8, 2013

They were wonderful. We came to town and didn't have any reservations, and they had wonderful clean, oceanview rooms for us. I would without a doubt stay there again! They were the only hotel that could get us a room for a three night stay for four. And the rates were reasonable, especially for the 4th of July week!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank melinda w
carouselresort, Manager at Atlantic Oceanfront Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Dear valued guest, thanks so much for choosing the Atlantic Oceanfront Inn as your vacation accommodations! We hope you had a great opportunity to experience the fireworks either uptown or downtown at the inlet. We also hope you had a chance to enjoy our great location near Seacrets night club and the 45th St. Village. We also offer the Carousel Group Vacation Package. The Carousel Group Vacation Package offers the most amenities in Ocean City! Book a room at our hotel and get great discounts just for being our guest! Guests staying at any of our great hotels can join us for - FREE Ice shows every night at 6:30 (June 12 - Aug 20). - FREE Voucher for our free family photo night, - FREE Movies on the beach Wednesdays on 118th st - FREE Family movie night at the Carousel - FREE Live entertainment on Carousel Back patio everyday in the Summer from 2 - 6pm - 10% discounted dining at The Carousel. Thanks again for being our guest, we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 6, 2013

My wife and I don't spend the money on 5 star resorts,but we do want a clean room and on or close to the beach and this one meets our needs. It is right on the ocean also very close to restaurants,bars and shopping. It was clean the staff was friendly,the only complaint I had was we stayed in room 104 and the AC never got the room really cold, in was very hot and humid out so that might have had something to do with it,but when I go for a run on the beach I would like my room Ice cold when I get back. But with that said I would stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor for a ocean view,1st floor view is blocked by dunes.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank islandlover92
carouselresort, Manager at Atlantic Oceanfront Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear valued guest, thanks so much for your excellent review! We work hard at the Atlantic Inn to make sure your stay is one to remember. We do have a great location, directly on the beach, close to Seacrets restaurant and night club, and we are just steps away from 45th st village and The Taphouse as well. We do hope you had a chance to enjoy all the Carousel Group Vacation Package has to offer. The Carousel Group Vacation Package offers the most amenities in Ocean City! Book a room at our hotel and get great discounts just for being our guest! Guests staying at any of our great hotels can join us for - FREE Ice shows every night at 6:30 (June 12 - Aug 20). - FREE Voucher for our free family photo night, - FREE Movies on the beach Wednesdays on 118th st - FREE Family movie night at the Carousel - FREE Live entertainment on Carousel Back patio everyday in the Summer from 2 - 6pm - 10% discounted dining at The Carousel. Thanks again for being our guest in beautiful Ocean City!

Reviewed July 6, 2013

We stayed here for the week of July 4th. Had a great ocean front room on the 5th floor. Room was spacious, bed very comfortable. Front desk personel were very helpful with suggestions and directions. The hotel has fresh coffee and juice in the AM. I would recomend using the bus service, since driving around can be difficult.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bev W

Dear valued guest, thanks so much for choosing the Atlantic Oceanfront Inn as your vacation accommodations! We have worked hard to make sure your vacation is one to remember. we hope you had a chance to take advantage of all the Carousel Group has to offer. The Carousel Group Vacation Package offers the most amenities in Ocean City! Book a room at our hotel and get great discounts just for being our guest! Guests staying at any of our great hotels can join us for - FREE Ice shows every night at 6:30 (June 12 - Aug 20). - FREE Voucher for our free family photo night, - FREE Movies on the beach Wednesdays on 118th st - FREE Family movie night at the Carousel - FREE Live entertainment on Carousel Back patio everyday in the Summer from 2 - 6pm - 10% discounted dining at The Carousel. Thanks again for being our guest, we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Great stay for the price. Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful the whole stay. We enjoyed the pool that you could tell was cleaned daily of sand and stayed open in the evenings. Cleaning staff was super sweet and very friendly also :-) Loved that it had a kitchen unit so we didn't always have to go out to eat. This was also the first hotel that I slept on a pull out couch and never felt and springs enjoying a good nights sleep. We had no complaints about this hotel and taking advantage of the special rate the hotel had that week made our stay so much more enjoyable so we could spend extra money on other things to do at the beach!!!!! Definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Recommend an ocean view room on a corner and ask for a higher floor for the best view of the beach.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Susan S
carouselresort, Manager at Atlantic Oceanfront Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Dear valued guest, thanks so much for you business and thank you for the review! Our hotel boasts some of the best views in OCMD and some of the best rooms available in our location. Getting to the beach from you room h as never been easier, and the full kitchens are a great addition to any vacation. Thanks again for the great review, and thank you for being our guest!

Reviewed June 23, 2013

First, I checked in a little after 12 am and I had to wait until the security guard checked my room (312) before she gave me our key. That was scary! I checked the sheets to make sure the room/ beds were not used. Second, the carpet in the room was filthy/sticky we had to walk with flip flops on like we were in a community shower area, third the sleeper sofa has stains all over it I took pictures of the worse ones, fourth the next morning we go to take a shower and there is pink and black mildew on the curtain we had to take turns holding the shower curtain away from our bodies so the mildew part would not touch us while bathing! Fifth, mildew caulking in the tub area. We didn't put the DND sign on the door in the hope they would see the mildew on the shower curtain and change it out Did not happen! The shame of all of this is we had 5 other rooms booked for the sand soccer tournament at this hotel and all of their rooms had issues as well. I am definitely giving the company who negotiated the contract for the rooms for the tournament a call. No one should be subjected to filthy and disgusting rooms at the price we all paid!

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank Traceyrico
carouselresort, Manager at Atlantic Oceanfront Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Dear valued guest, thank you for choosing the Atlantic Oceanfront Inn as your vacation accommodations. Despite being in an incredibly safe area, we do have a security guard and we do lock our doors after hours. We do have strict policy adherence in accordance with our standards and apologize on behalf of your experience. We have notified the property manager whom is going to be personally taking care of these issues himself. These are some of the nicest rooms on the beach and we cater to thousands of happy customers every season, we are disappointed that you were not one of them. Please give us an opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.

We have been the 2013 Trip Advisor certificate of excellence for outstanding service and excellent reviews.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I seldom complain. But our room was far from clean. I don't care if the room isn't anything special, but I want it clean. We arrived in the room June 16th. The bathroom had hair and dirt built up in the corners under the sink. As soon as I walked near the bed I smelled vomit. We contacted the front deck who was going to send someone but no one ever showed up. The entire night we smelled it and I had powder so I powered the bed and the floor. We packed up yesterday to come home and as I was folding up the pull out sofa I saw a half eaten piece of pizza behind the sofa. It wasn't ours! We didn't have pizza in the room. We checked to make sure we didn't drop anything behind the dresser and there was all kinds of things back there. My friend checked the kitchen cabinets and found a half smoked joint. The room , 302, was okay and we liked the location of the motel. The balcony was really nice. It was a nice feature to have beach chairs to use. The best thing is the beds are very comfortable. But I don't think we will be staying there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank cindy h

Dear concerned guest, thanks for your business and thank you for your review. We do have a checks and balances system in place to ensure policy adherence when it comes to cleaning our rooms. Our rooms are cleaned on a daily basis unless the guest desires otherwise. We do apologize for the condition of the room and have notified the property manager in order to prevent any dissatisfaction in the future. We are working hard to EARN your business back and ask you to stay with us once more in beautiful Ocean City. Thank you again for being our guest.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

I am writing this at 2.44 am from the hotel room. I can not sleep due to teenagers thumping down the hall and on the floor above me, arriving back from the bars. I am in agony since the beds are not even beds. They are broken frames with a mat of a mattress that sinks in the middle. I am in physical pain and there is no way to get comfortable. The carpet is filthy. The sheets don't fit the beds and as you lay on the bed and sink into the middle, the sheet pops off all edges of the bed so my children are sleeping on a bare mattress in the bed next to us and I am awake fighting to keep my sheet on. The room, or maybe it is the mattress, smells of feces. You know a place is bad hen they make you sign a contract stating no refunds before u even see the room. Oh, and I don't have an ocean front room, but street side. This is the worst hotel room I have ever set foot in. Do not stay here! All this for the insane rate of $308 a night!

• Stayed: June 2013
5  Thank MdLaxmom
carouselresort, Manager at Atlantic Oceanfront Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Dear valued guest, we thank you for your business and thank you for your Trip Advisor review. We do apologize for any disturbance you may have had due to other guests. We are well staffed to handle any noise violation requests at all hours of the day and kindly ask our customers to respect the stay of our other guests.

Here at the Atlantic Oceanfront Inn we work hard to accommodate our customers with a superior product and exceptional customer service, which is why our entire building is non smoking and we have all of our guests sign our no party policy. We feel as though our level of aptitude towards hotel cleanliness and hospitality is second to none, which is why we have received the 2013 Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence.

Upon inspection your room had a malfunctioning bed frame which was not detected upon inspection prior to your arrival. Due to this reason, we refunded a night stay from your bill. We do replace our mattresses as often as necessary and conduct many inspections to maintain a higher standard of quality assurance. We do thank you once more for being our guest and hope your next visit to beautiful Ocean City MD exceeds expectations.