“Great room for the price!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
EconoLodge Oceanfront Ocean City
Ranked #73 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

This was a good value for the location and price. With just me and my girlfriend going, a small room with a queen bed was all we needed. It was nice to sit on the balcony and watch the traffic of Baltimore ave at night, especially seeing the amusement park. Service was EXCELLENT! We had a mix up at our time of check in with the price and since we booked for a few days, the lady at the desk allowed the balance to be paid on my payday on that Friday and we checked in on Wednesday. Can't say enough good thing about this place! Worth it!

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Adam W
There are newer reviews for EconoLodge Oceanfront Ocean City

Reviewed July 26, 2012

It's hard to rate these kind of hotels because of their location. This one happens to be in Ocean City, MD where everything, even the ice cream, is overpriced. I would never pay this much for a room of this quality anywhere else, but in OC, you take what you can get.
Keep in mind we stayed in the street front and older side of the hotel, not the beachside, which costs more.

The rooms are small, the beds are doubles, the place is run down, the breakfast area has 3 small tables and packaged bagels, and the indoor pool area is not well taken care of. However, it is a very short walk to the beach without crossing any streets.

On the positive side, we left behind a very favorite doll in the room and when we later went to the desk to see if they had it...they did.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Fender57
Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

Rooms were clean and kept clean. The staff at front desk was helpful and willing to hold our room if we wanted to stay another night. The air conditioner could have been colder but the room stayed cool enough. The location is awesome! Literally a 2 minute walk to food, amusement, beach. I would stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2012
4  Thank Ladyinblack4
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Came here as a family, hotel on beach is about the only good thing about it. The elevator to go up almost cuts your arm off, it is so quick to shut and it doesn't stop. We asked for a crib for the baby and they brought a crib from like 1990? It was rocking back and forth unsteady about to collapse with a mattress 3 times too small for it with holes in it! I called and asked for a new crib lady was cranky about it but said they would look. Kid came with new one still not good but better than what had earlier, but decided it was unsafe and didn't put baby in it. The Air conditioner had mold clearly all over it, it smelled bad in the room. Very small. Thin thin walls.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Love S
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Great location being close to the ocean. Great price in the off season. Hotel room was very run down. Not very clean. Nice indoor pool.

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank COLEVILLE
Reviewed June 20, 2012

You can't beat the location. It was so nice to park your car and leave it there for a few days, as it is walking distance from many things. However, at the rodeway, nothing seemed to work correctly from the start. We booked an oceanfront room online, only to be told upon arrival that our room wasn't available, due to an issue with our credit card (not my fault...just a technical glitch). I had received no email or any other notification of the problem. The manager was quite rude about it, but at least there was another room available. So we ended up with a room in the motel building, but the bright side was the cheaper rate. The elevator is dirty and a little scary. The building is in serious need of upgrade. Cleaning is shoddy at best. We received a 6am wakeup call that we did not request! On the 2nd day of our stay, both of our key cards mysteriously stopped working. When I took them to the desk, I was told it was probably my fault, because I surely kept them next to a cellphone or credit card. As it turned out, the batteries in the sensor had died, which they did replace promply. The air conditioner was on its last legs and was caked with dust or some mystery substance...it did not keep the room very cool. We had a lot of difficulty getting & maintaining a wifi connection. Two out of the three lights didn't work. But I do feel with a little effort & some basic upgrades, along with some lessons in customer service, this hotel has a lot of potential.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 18, 2012

My husband & I just spent 4 days @ Roadway Inn and had a great experience. The room over looked Baltimore Ave. which was quiet compared to Coastal Hwy. We enjoyed the traffic and tourists going by. In the over night hours we never heard any noise. Our housekeeper did a fantastic job on the 2nd floor. And the cont breakfast was plentiful. The office staff was friendly. And for the money we received a lot more than we could imagine at this busy time of year. We plan to stay here again. And pass along the good word as to where to stay while visiting OCMD. I can't say enough about our Roadway Inn experience. But I'll stop and hope you get the idea.

• Stayed: June 2012