“Large Airy Room Great Views of the Bay”

Coconut Malorie Resort
Ranked #84 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Upper Saddle River, New Jersey
“Large Airy Room Great Views of the Bay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

The room was a king efficiency two burner cooktop with frige overlooking the pool and bay. At check in we did not get the room we booked they tried to give us the parking lot view but Nick at the front desk was very accommodating and gave us a room with a view. The entire staff was actually really nice. I read some of the reviews on trip advisor and was really worried but we had no choice but to take a chance. Everything was sold out due to the car show and restaurant week. We go away a lot & did not want to stay at the Hilton Mucho Mullah or a seedy cheaper place. I read reviews on TA that some had problems with hard beds and cleanliness. Granted those beds are very firm, our room was clean when we arrived but after day one our hairs were still in the sink and the bed was sloppily made. Day two they must have had a maid change and it was up to par again. We did not complain we should have. Some maids are good others just don't care. The place was great I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: No restaurant no room service clicked on it by mistake. I always ask for a room with a view and alw...
1 Thank onlyMes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Bel Air
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

My husband and I took advantage of a Groupon offer and gave this hotel a chance. We had a room on the fifth floor facing the bay. The view was beautiful. Staff was friendly and helpful. Some of the previous reviews had stated that there wasn't an ice machine or working vending machine. Not true during our stay. Our room was clean, functional and we liked having a miniature kitchen. Unfortunately, I can't rate the hotel any higher than average secondary to the very, very firm mattress. It was like sleeping on a rock or the floor. We both went home with back problems.

1 Thank Tophat13BelAir
Brewster, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

We stayed for 5 nights in a one bedroom unit facing the bay, which had wonderful views and sunsets, as a time share exchange. The interior of the units was a little dated, beat up and not the cleanest. That being said, we had a good time. Each unit should have a quality check and appropriate fixes made. The unit appeared clean, until you looked a little closer. Dishes had egg on the under side, flatware was sticky, light bulbs were dead, door hinges were not connected and my personal favorite....fruit flies(?) on the cooktop and in the bathroom. The bedroom was so dark even with all of the lights on, but the upside was someone could have a great undisturbed sleep while the other occupants did their thing n the kitchen and living room. The queen sized bed and pillows were just fine. The pool and hot tub did open while we were there and it was wonderful!!! The location was great. The staff was very pleasant and certainly tried to be helpful. Morning coffee in the lobby was very good. We were told to leave our dirty linen and garbage in the hall??? Weird to look at for the guests. No housekeeping during our stay, we would catch a housekeeper or go to the front desk for towels or supplies. The exterior areas, lobby, pool, exercise area, billiards area were all very clean, in good repair and attractive. Water pressure was fine, the water was softened, and the hairdryer did the job.

Room Tip: Choose bayside rooms.
2 Thank pmc3mom
Maryland, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here after purchasing a groupon. The room was very spacious with a beautiful view. We were frustrasted with the ac but that was soon remedied. We were within walking distance to a nice night club and restaurant.

• Stayed May 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

I stayed here once before and was pleased, so when I saw a Groupon valid for a weekend that I was planning to travel, I jumped on the opportunity. In the grand scheme where most hotels in OC are rundown and in need of renovation, this is probably one of the better ones. However, I was not as happy as I was after my initial visit.

The rooms remind me of a tropical resort with all tile living rooms and bathrooms. Goes very well with the view of the bay. Location obviously is great. We traveled with an infant, and the suite room with separate living and sleeping areas came in handy. We were able to access the bathroom and kitchen area from the bedroom after our daughter was asleep in the living room. The room was spacious and the kitchenette has a full size fridge and range burners.

The bathroom is large as well, with a deep tub and large vanity. However, water pressure was TERRIBLE as was the hair dryer according to my wife. Of all the negatives, this is the one that may keep me from coming back. The floors were a little dirty. Not sure if I would've recognized without the crawling infant, but after seeing how dirty her pants were, I could see that the baseboards weren't as clean as they should be. The listing said our room would have a king or queen bed, but it clearly was a double. I didn't know this until I read some reviews, but I did see in the guest guide that you have to take bed linens to the front desk to be replaced. I have never heard of this before in a hotel.

Even with the negatives, I probably would stay here again if the price was right, as long as I was sure my wife and I wouldn't have to wash our hair in the sink.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Craig M
Dunkirk, MD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed a week at the Coconut Malorie on a time share exchange. The one bedroom, one bath unit had a partial kitchen, wll appointed with with a refrigerator, two burner stove, microwave, coffee maker and dishes and utensils. The bath had a whirlpool tub. The furniture was a little dated but quite functional. We had a bayside unit with a balcony that let us enjoy the great sunsets each evening. We were there early May so it was off-season, therefore, the outdoor heated pool and Jacuzzi were not yet open. There is a gym and library on the upper floors and a billiard table located in the library. There is no restaurant but a short walk across a bridge brings you to Fager's Island, a great night club with a wonderful restaurant. Come to Fager's Island in the evening around sunset and hear the 1812 Overture as the sun sets and stay late to enjoy the disco. The Coconut Malorie is centrally located in Ocean City with easy access to many shops, restaurants, the beach, and close to many great area golf courses..

Room Tip: Choose a room on the bay side for great sunsets.
1 Thank JimandRita
Chandler, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

We had never been to Ocean City before and didn't know what it would be like or where to stay. We felt lucky we picked the Coconut Malorie. The room was nice and clean with pretty views. We had a one bedroom suite with a little kitchen. I don't cook while on vacation so we didn't use the kitchen except to store some food in the refrigerator. If you plan on cooking it would be tough in the small area but doable. The staff was always nice and helpful. We loved the location and being able to walk over to Fagers Island in the evenings where the food is good and the wait staff is great. We would definitely go back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple