Coconut Malorie Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Edge(Ocean City)
View Hotel
Sea Bay Hotel(Ocean City)
View Hotel
Surf Inn Suites(Ocean City)
  • Pool
  • Pool
Beachcomber Motel(Ocean City)
View Hotel
All reviewsfagers islandpresidential suiteisland restaurantview of the bayworkout roomwhirlpool tubsmall kitchenoff seasonparking lotfamily vacation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We had never been to Ocean City before and didn't know what it would be like or where to stay. We felt lucky we picked the Coconut Malorie. The room was nice and clean with pretty views. We had a one bedroom suite with a little kitchen. I don't cook while on vacation so we didn't use the kitchen except to store some food in the refrigerator. If you plan on cooking it would be tough in the small area but doable. The staff was always nice and helpful. We loved the location and being able to walk over to Fagers Island in the evenings where the food is good and the wait staff is great. We would definitely go back.

3  Thank Jennifer N
Reviewed April 27, 2013

The resort was very nice, clean, well-appointed and relaxing. Everything worked well, refrig, small stove, toaster, tv etc. We had a tastefully appointed one bedroom suite with a great view. I loved the location---59th St ---right behind Fagers island. The resort was much cleaner and better than many other places we've stayed at in the area.

My only complaint--- was the firmness of the bed. It was like sleeping on concrete. We found the sleep sofa to be more comfortable. I'm not exaggerating. The floor was the only thing harder.

2  Thank Diane C
Reviewed April 24, 2013

So i decided to go here after receiving a groupon offer. Before I booked it, i read some of the reviews and I gotta say I was more than a little scared of what I would find! I was thinking it would be one of those hole in the wall places that you see, with the tattered vacancy sign hanging half broken, a security glass window at the check-in and a sign advertising hourly rates! LOL

I am sooooo glad I just decided to go for it! What I found was a bright and cheerful nicely decorated lobby area and a pleasant (although not too friendly) front desk clerk. Check-in was a breeze and the only additional $ I spent was for taxes, which is not included with the groupon.

A few reviewers commented on the cleanliness of the hotel and the rooms. While I think that some the carpets (specifically the carpet in both elevators) could be replaced, I thought the cleaning staff were great. My room was clean, bed linen, bathroom, sitting area... all was more than acceptable. I didn't see any signs of cleaning being neglected.

Flagers Restaurant is literally right behind the hotel and the crab cake is the absolute best!!! Unfortunately, we didn't get to do anything outside (including the beach) because it was sooo cold and windy, but I would definitely go back during the summer months.

A couple of items that could potentially be improved OR just some observations.
- Only vending machine was on the first floor (soda only) and it was sold out for the entire 3 days we were there
- No ice machines at all (the information booklet mentioned that all units are equipped with a refrigerator/freezer, however it only has one ice tray and it takes a while for that to freeze, also I don't particularly like the taste of the water or the ice cubes.
-the patio (if that's what they call it) is only big enough for one person to step out on and look around, no chair could even fit, so I’m not sure of what the purpose of it is.
-the bedroom in the suite we were in, had no windows, which was weird (i know there is nothing that can be done about it, just thought I'd mention it.

All in all, our experience was very good and I'd definitely stay here again (just in the warmer months!) lol

3  Thank PAJ-G
Reviewed April 15, 2013

So if you read my other reviews I am not a picky person so for me to say something is not good...it's not good.
First, they amount I was quoted on a phone call and what I was told to pay when I got there were two different prices.I had a groupon that was purchased for me and was told they charge 30% more so Coconut Malorie gets their money they are charged by Groupon. This info was given to me by the ignorant staff person at the front desk, but when I questioned the manager was told the staff aren't suppose to tell the customers the info about the 30% exta fee.
Second, If you want or need clean linens you had to take them off yourself and take them to house keeping. I have stayed in many places, high end, low end and never in all the places I've stayed have I ever had to take my sheets off and take them to housekeeping to get clean ones. What kind of place does that??? Not someplace that charges these prices. On ending, I would rather of stayed at a cheap hotel and gotten a better price, better service and had a better experience.

3  Thank megansm1975
Reviewed April 10, 2013

This is a nice resort, the staff were very professional, kind and patient. The only complaint that I have was the cleanliness of the studio we stayed in. The sheets on the sofa bed were dirty and the floor under the sofa was dirty with chips and candy. We called and the problem was taken care of promptly. Beautiful view of the bay.

• Stayed: April 2013