“Beautiful hotel.....Front Desk relations---just plain RUDE”

Coconut Malorie Resort
Ranked #82 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed July 30, 2011

Our room was beautiful as were the ammenities at this hotel. House keeping was excellent. Beautfiul views...Great location---easy walk to beach and the best restaurants in OC....Seacrets, Fager's Island. and Mackey's... Our only complaint was how rude the front desk employees were. As a matter of fact they would not even greet you as you were walking by. There were two different girls there daily and both were absolutely RUDE. Enough to make me never go there again except that I sure did love the Malorie. Maybe the management will catch on and get rid of their front desk people.....

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank kwbb

Reviewed July 30, 2011

Every time I go to Ocean City, I have stayed at the Coconut Malorie. The last 3 times was great. This past time shows that all the bad reviews are true. Our room smelled like cat urine, the remote would not operate the DVD player. Then just stopped working with our DVD stuck inside. The lights in the bathroom were hanging out with the wires showing. The security lock did not work. When I called downstairs no one would pick up the phone. I could go on and on.... This room was definitely not worth $240.00 a night. This used to be my go to hotel in OC with great memories, but I will never go there again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank stephangel
Reviewed July 29, 2011

After reading other reviews on the site, my hope were not particularly high for this hotel. We went through a timeshare exchange. I agree with other reviewers in that the whole place needs a paint job - small cracks in the floor, mildew on ceiling, old bathrooms. Hotel staff appeared to be overwhelmed with the questions I asked about restaurants, mileage to get to the boardwalk (on 27th St), etc. Lobby 2 computers were more helpful in finding this information...
Pool was small, but pleasantly maintained. Bar was unattended during our stay.
Fager's Island next door was convenient with good bar food and great views of the bay.
Assateague island/Chicoteague Island was a beautiful experience. We saw wild ponies and dolphins during our boat trip.
Some money should be spent to train staff appropriately and upgrade the rooms.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2011

I stayed at this hotel a few years back with my husband and I and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Unfortunately, we didn't even make it beyond an initial reservation. The service in just trying to reach someone was HORRIBLE. Everytime I called the 24 hour reservation/customer service line I would have to hang up and call back 4 or 5 times before reaching someone (and this was on about 3 different occassions). That coupled with the very poor reviews changed my mind. Luckily, there were no penalites and instead chose to stay at Francis Scott Key which the kids loved!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2011

I was connected to hotel reservations from the Enterprise Car Rental page. I thought I had made a reservation for Holiday Inn Express, but ended up booking at this place. The cost per night is $159.00. Yes, the lobby area is beautiful and the hotel room rather nice. But our shower water was cold within a few minutes of showering, the water leaked from the wall in the bathroom into the dining area. The screen on the balcony was torn so it was not possible to open the French doors to let cool bay air into the room. And the sleeper sofa mattress was stained with yellow spots. On top of that, they don't serve breakfast and the checkout time is 10 am. For a little bit less I could have stayed at Holiday Inn Express, had a later check out time and breakfast included.

When I called the front desk twice to have someone come up and look into the cold water situation and the floor leak, no one showed. I mentioned my displeasure at checkout. I was told the manager would call me. The manager never did.

There are better places to stay. They are obviously undergoing renovations right now and hopefully things will improve.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank CulturalHomestay
Reviewed June 13, 2011

The hotel was really pretty in the lobby but the rooms were not that clean. The carpet had old bugs broken up within the carpet material and the room was full of mosquitos. When I left, I had at least 5-6 mosquito bumps all over. This room caused $279.00--$308.00 with tax. To top it all off, I saw two roaches in the room. They could do better as the beauty of the lobby may fool some people

Room Tip: Ask the front desk if you can view the room befory
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank disappointedone30242
Reviewed May 16, 2011

My boyfriend and I decided to go to Ocean City for a nice, quiet weekend getaway this past weekend. We booko the Coconut Malorie through my Wyndham Time share. The Coconut Malorie is the only resort Wyndham has in that area. The concierge at the front desk hardly spoke English and the little she did speak was used to be rude to a elderly couple and myself after asking a simple question about local restaurants.

The poor customer service aside, the hotel reeked of mold and cheap hotel soap. When we got to the room we discovered that the toilet had not been cleaned and had a ring of mildew around inside of it. Two of the lights in the vanity were broken. One just didnt work and the other was hanging out of the mirror with exposed wires. The jets in the tub were rusted. And the side of the tub looked as if someone had punched a hole in it and the hotel had done a botched job of patching it up.

The headboard looks like it had been broken and glued back togther. The comforter had white spots on it. There was blond hair all over the floor. The dishes were dirty. The lock on the door did not work. The "balcony" was only large enough for one person to stand on at a time. There is not WIFI throughout the hotel. If you are interested in using the Internet, you have to actually sit in the lobby.

I am an advid international traveler and I have stayed in hostels that were cleaner and more posh than this place. I would not stay here again if even if it were free. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple