Clarion Resort Fontainebleau Hotel - Oceanfront
Atlantic Oceanfront Inn(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$69
$130
Dunes Manor Hotel & Suites(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$59
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ocean City(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$65
Hilton Suites Ocean City Oceanfront(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$230
$211
Hilton.com
Princess Royale Resort(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$119
$69
$54
QualityInn
Comfort Inn Boardwalk(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$109
Holiday Inn Ocean City(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$59
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Ocean City(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$129
$117
HolidayInn.com
All reviewshorizons restaurantsteam roomseafood buffetstanding room onlycrab legsprivate beachdog parkbeach barsmall balconyoutdoor poolview of the oceanlive entertainmentoff seasonfitness centerfamily vacationhousekeeping staffcoffee maker
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 24, 2009

The place in general was nice. I loved the fact that they have 3 bars to choose from. The location of the bars were nice because 2 were outside overlooking the beach so we could keep am eye on the children and drink and eat. Nachos were great!!!

We were not so happy with the service of housekeeping; They would come by at 9:00 to 9:30am every morning, I explained to them the first time that I would be out late everynight (patronizing your bars) and would not be leaving the room till about 11:00 am.
But every morning they would come anyway. Then one day that did not even come back to clean. I came back to my room at 6:00pm for a shower and my room was still dirty. Had to call Front Desk and they sent up a real abnoxious lady to clean our room. Basciallly yelling at us for not having the room cleaned earlier. It was a real mess.

They game room is a Joke!!!!! 4 video games in the basement next to the some sort of Big machines for the hotel. No airconditioning, hot an uncomfortable; the kids hated it. This was definitely false advertising.

1  Thank mmmalrag
ChrissA1, Manager at Clarion Resort Fontainebleau Hotel - Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2009

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am sorry you had an issue with our housekeeping service. Can I suggest that the next time you hang the "do not distrub" sign on the outside of your door, and if there was not a sign in your room, the maid would be glad to get you one.
Thanks again for your comments and business. Your comments will be shared with the entire staff and will be used to help us improve our guest services.

Reviewed August 22, 2009

Well-equipped room, but little counter space (best to unpack here). Hotel has outdoor bar & grill with great beach atmosphere. The children's activities and playground are nice features. Beach is very nice and outdoor showers and even spray nozzles are available right at entrance from beach. Beach equipment rentals also are available. The indoor and outdoor pools are somewhat dirty, but water cleanliness may be hard enforce and maintain in a beachfront hotel.

1  Thank primroselife
ChrissA1, Manager at Clarion Resort Fontainebleau Hotel - Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2009

We appreciate you taking the time to post your comments, and hope you enjoyed what our property has to offer.
Hope you will stop by and see us during your next visit to Ocean City.

Reviewed August 21, 2009

The common areas (lobby, pool, restaurant, ball rooms, etc.) all seem to be well kept. The wait for the elevator was always ridiculous. They need to make haste to install another because the three they have are obviously not sufficient to serve the entire building. Also, the room was not very clean. We found dirty sandy sheets on the sleeper sofa. The staff was happy to deliver a clean set, but offered no apology. The bathroom was full of mold, had sand in the tub, dirty walls and dirty floor. I have asthma so I immediately went out and bought some mold killing bathroom cleaner and cleaned the bathroom myself. Unfortunately the problem goes beyond a good scrubbing. You can see the mold creeping in from behind the drop-ceiling tiles in the bathroom. We kept the bathroom door closed as much as possible, but my asthma was acting up the whole time. Part of the problem, I believe, is due to the very weak ventilation system in the bathroom. The bathroom vent fan doesn't circulate much air and I wonder if it is even vented to the outside. It is really a shame that this is the case, because the rest of the hotel is nice. Most of the employees were pleasant. The food was very good. My parents loved the fact that you could order meals on the beach or poolside and charge it to the room. My children had a great time in the pools and at the beach. But I really could not recommend it to any of my friends based on the dirty bathroom. I can't believe that they would expect someone to bathe their children in that filth.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
ChrissA1, Manager at Clarion Resort Fontainebleau Hotel - Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2009

Thanks for taking the time to post your comments. I'm sorry we did not meet your expectations. And I apologize for this.

I have taken your concerns to our entire staff.
You can rest asured that your concerns will be addressed.

We thank you for your business and comments.

Reviewed August 17, 2009

The stay was hassle free. Love the option of being able to bring a pet. Room cleanliness was just ok. Not sure if put in so so room because of pet. Love the access to beach and restaurants. Staff were all very friendly.The only complaint I have is we stayed about a month ago and I left something in my room and didn't realize it until we arrived home. I called a total of 4 times and still have never rec a call back from houskeeping. I have now written my item off as lost. Probably would not have rebooked if it wasn't for dog friendly hotel.

1  Thank petvaca
ChrissA1, Manager at Clarion Resort Fontainebleau Hotel - Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2009

Thanks for taking the time to post your review. We're glad you and your family had a relaxing stay with us.
I am truly sorry to here you had an issue with our Lost & found department. There is no excuse for them not returning your calls.
I thought we had a good system in place for items left behind, but I am now looking into this to see what we can do to improve it.
Again, thank you for your comments, they help us provide a better service to our guest.

Reviewed August 16, 2009

We had to move three times.
The 1st time,the location of our room was not good. It was over the air conditions units for the whole floor and was very noisy.
The 2nd time, the dogs on the floor kept barking.
On the 3rd move, the room was ok but there was mold in the bathroom and the wallpaper was coming down.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
ChrissA1, Manager at Clarion Resort Fontainebleau Hotel - Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2009

Thanks for your business and taking the time to post your review. I personally took your issues to the appropriate departments to be corrected. We hope your next visit to Ocean City meets all your expectations.