Clarion Resort Fontainebleau Hotel - Oceanfront
Ranked #27 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 16, 2009

We had to move three times.
The 1st time,the location of our room was not good. It was over the air conditions units for the whole floor and was very noisy.
The 2nd time, the dogs on the floor kept barking.
On the 3rd move, the room was ok but there was mold in the bathroom and the wallpaper was coming down.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
ChrissA1, Manager at Clarion Resort Fontainebleau Hotel - Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2009

Thanks for your business and taking the time to post your review. I personally took your issues to the appropriate departments to be corrected. We hope your next visit to Ocean City meets all your expectations.

Reviewed August 12, 2009

not only with the room, but also with the service. The room was a "Deluxe King" and had a nice "dorm size" refrigerator and a coffee pot. It had a nice working / snack table, a sofa and views of the ocean. My husband is in a wheelchair and typically any kind of travel for him is daunting and troublesome. Eating in restaurants is a particular annoyance as most have tables and chairs so close that it's an ordeal for the staff to accommodate us and when we are seated, his wheelchair is constantly being bumped. This was not the case at all at the Fountainbleu. The front desk staff and the main dining room staff, in paraticular, were most helpful and solicitous. While we typically go to different beaches and rent beach houses, for a hotel at the beach, this was a most pleasant experience, and the price was not at all unreasonable.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank infrequenttravelerIV
ChrissA1, Manager at Clarion Resort Fontainebleau Hotel - Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2009

Thanks so much for taking the time to post your review of our property.
We are happy we were able to make your stay comfortable for both you and your husband.
If you plan to visit us in the future, ask about our handicapped rooms with the roll-in showers. Although is sounds like you did just find in the King Suite.
Again, thanks for your kind thoughts.

Reviewed August 8, 2009

It's not high society but it was clean, staff were friendly, the new outdoor pool is bromine treated and while it looked small was just right. The beach was super nice and both pool and beach so convenient. There were activities for the kids in the a.m. and p.m. The breakfast buffet was affordable and good and the nightly buffet in the ballroom was...FANTASTIC! WOW! food food food and then some food on the side.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank dimplez

Thanks for taking the time to post your comments. We are happy to here you enjoyed your stay with us and hope we will see you on your next visit to Ocean City.

Reviewed August 7, 2009

I went with my hubby and three kids and as soon as we walked in we encountered attitude. Why? we are still trying to figure this out. The receptionist (both) were not friendly at all and don't try to ask them a question, its as if you are annoying them with one question. Our room was average but had mold growing on the bath tub. I requested a new room because of my small chuildren and they moved me to another room, with less mold on the tub. The 4th floor has balconies and when I called to see why ours was sealed shut they said because we did not pay for an oceanview even though we were able to see the beach and ocean from our room. It's really not worth the almost $250 per night that we paid but this was our 1st time in OC. We orginally ignored the bad reviews, don't.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank mrspeart

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am sorry you found our front desk staff to be unfriendly. I personally took your comments to the appropriate staff members for review.

Also I do have to add, we do have some sliding doors on the 3rd floor, not the 4th floor, that had to be sealed. These rooms look over our Convention Center roof. Guests were climbing off the balconies onto the roof. Therefore sealed sliding doors was the only way to stop a potenial dangerous situation.

Again, thanks for your comments and I hope when you visit Ocean City again, all your experiences live up to your expectations.

Reviewed August 5, 2009

Pros - Clean place, clean room, good service, free wireless internet
Cons - Only 3 Elevator (one was out of service for a full day also), bed were small and unconfortable, carpet was always wet beside the A/C, A/C was noisy, very old TV with a remote that had tape to old the battery door, there was a gap between the patio door and the window so when it was windy we always hear it banging.

Sorry but not enough Pros to recommand that hotel.

2  Thank FrankFromMTL

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I apologize for the noisy sliding glass doors. We have already contracted a company to replace all the sliders in the building this winter. This will also help with the damp carpet. Also, sorry one of our elevators decided to act up during your stay. This is a common occurance during the busy summer months, not just here at the Clarion but in all of Ocean City.

Again, thanks for your comments and I hope where ever you choose your next vacation, it will meet all your expectations.

Reviewed August 2, 2009

We were so happy with this accom., from friendly staff to excellent entertainment for our littleones ( 5 yr. old twins, one 7 yr.old). The magic show was fun and even the adults laughed. The clown was such a sweetie, "A Grandma", my kids said. The thing I liked the most was that everything was right there, a live band nightly, good food, and of course the beach. The ONly thing I was unhappy with was the carpet in the room did not look clean, but I promptly used my Lysol just for my own peice of mind. Other than that, the beds were clean and comfy and the bathroom was clean. We will definitely choose this hotel agian next year.

1  Thank mummytothree
ChrissA1, Manager at Clarion Resort Fontainebleau Hotel - Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2009

Thanks for taking the time to post your review.
Again, we are so happy to here good feed back from guests who participate in our children's activities. Glad you enjoyed them.

I'm sorry you had an issue with the carpet. I personally took this concern to our director of housekeeping to be corrected.

Tanks again for your comments and we hope to see you next year.

Reviewed August 1, 2009

This was our first time in OC and I booked this hotel based on my online research. I booked it in February so I got a great rate plus 30% off. I know that this hotel is pet friendly so I requested “no pets allowed” room. We got a room on the 11th Floor. I think they allow dogs on 5th and 6th floors only. We were there 7 days- Saturday to Saturday (July 18). Both check-in and check-out went very smooth. The staff was very friendly. The room was very nice, spacious and most importantly CLEAN. This hotel was perfect for our family (two kids- 2 and 5). The beach is one step away, the indoor pool, the outdoor pool, bar, nice restaurant and “All you can eat” buffet in the Grand Ballroom. Everything was so convenient and that’s what made our vacation nice and enjoyable. The hotel has a lot of activities for kids throughout the week- arts and crafts, magic show and clown lady that makes balloons and cute body art. I don’t think we could find anything as good as this hotel for the price we paid. All the big brand hotels in OC (Holiday Inns, the Hilton, or the Courtyard) are pretty pricey, especially in July and August. The money we saved on hotel we could spend on restaurants and attractions for the kids. We loved OC and Clarion hotel was one of the reasons why. I would definitely go back there again.

2  Thank JDMama

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments regarding your stay with us.
Our goal here at the Clarion is to provide families a vacation to remember. Sounds like we did that for you.
We look forward to seeing you in the future. Also thank you for booking your reservation early.