Clarion Resort Fontainebleau Hotel - Oceanfront
GreenLeadersBronze level
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
“Great Place”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

I stayed here with my husband and 4 kids. The room had 2 double beds and a sleep sofa so everyone had space. The facilities and room were clean and I had no problems. However, we did notice the toilet bowl wasn't flushing when we arrived but we called the front desk and maintenance came up shortly after and fixed it. The idea of having 2 pools on the premises (indoor & outdoor) as well as restaurants was very convenient, nevermind being oceanfront. One thing I was disappointed with is when I booked this place I thought the boardwalk was a few minutes walk from the hotel, but it's actually about a 10 minute car ride away. The other thing I was disappointed with is the size of the balcony. I was expecting to sit out there with the hubby and enjoy a glass of wine but the balconies are extremely small and narrow. Overall though, it a very nice, family friendly place to stay and I'd consider staying there again:)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank A C
StephanieHReed, Manager at Clarion Resort Fontainebleau Hotel - Oceanfront, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit with us! The boardwalk is 5 miles away; you can leave your car parked and ride the town bus for $3 all day. There is a bus top right out front, and directly across the street for your convenience. Our balconies are standing balconies. I'm sorry if there was any miscommunication about the size of them. I hope we get to welcome you back again soon for another Ocean City vacation!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Both the indoor and outdoor pools were warm and the food at the hotel restaurant was very good. The buffet had a lot of variety and was tasty. The extensive wine list is a rarity at a hotel restaurant.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Jill N
StephanieHReed, Manager at Clarion Resort Fontainebleau Hotel - Oceanfront, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review the Clarion Resort Fontainebleau! We're proud of our award-winning wine list in Horizons Oceanfront Restaurant, and appreciate the recognition. We hope to be able to welcome you back soon, and we're grateful for your patronage.
MD
Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

This is our go-to place to stay in OC. We love that you can drink on the beach and love that the food and drinks (love the buckets of fun!) are pretty tasty from the beach bar and grill for lunch. The rooms are nice, the location is great if you want to escape all the boardwalk madness. I will admit the hotel is a little pricey but worth it for a weekend getaway. Love that we can check out and still use the facilities. We don't usually do breakfast or dinner/drinks here in the evening but rather visit other local spots. The place is nicely maintained and fun.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mdbeachlover
StephanieHReed, Manager at Clarion Resort Fontainebleau Hotel - Oceanfront, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
I'm glad you really enjoyed your stay with us; thanks for letting us know! There's something about being served on the beach that makes you feel like you're on a tropical island,don't you think so? Thank you for choosing the Clarion Resort for your vacations, and we'll be happy to welcome you back again next time!
Manahawkin, New Jersey
Reviewed July 20, 2014

I always enjoy staying at the Clarion. Once you park your car, you don't have to leave, because everything is there. Pools, Ocean, Bars, Restaurants, Bands and a lot of Children's activities. Crab Imperial I feel is the Best.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank arlene k
Thank you for letting us know you had a great time! We love it that our guests feel they don't need to leave the premises. The crab imperial is one of my favorites, too, so I'm happy you enjoyed it! Come back soon...we'll be waiting for you.
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 19, 2014

My family and I stayed at the Hotel for one of the kids Dance Competitions. Very disappointed! It took us until Wednesday to get a key card to work for the door lock. (changed it 3X) Other family's had similar problems. The restaurant at the beach bar was the worst. Had to wait 90 minutes for French fries and a hot dog, never got it. The wait and Bar staff were good just couldn't believe how a kitchen wasn't prepared for the influx of people at a hotel. The rooms were old and outdated. It took 30 minutes to get an elevator and had to take walk the stairs for most of the trip. The parking was horrific. Small lot filled right away then you had free parking across the street. Getting across was like playing Frogger, very dangerous. Overall the stay was very very disappointing. The A/C unit in the room was by far the best experience of the trip. If the competition is there next year I will stay else where.

Room Tip: Not near the Boardwalk.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank BobT676
I'm very sorry that we failed to meet your expectations during your stay at our hotel. I would like to let you know that we are in the midst of ongoing renovations. A little over 1/3 of our rooms have been refreshed, and we plan on having the rest of them done in the next off season. As for parking, we have 206 spaces adjacent to the hotel and another 160 across the street. Guests needing to park across the street can unload or load their vehicles under the covered breezeway, so there is no need to carry luggage over or back. There is a cross walk one block north of the satellite parking lot, and we encourage all guests parking there to use it for safety, and also because jay-walking is against the law in the town of Ocean City, and we have known the police to ticket for it. I hope you will consider staying with us again so we have another chance to offer you excellent service.

Travelers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Reviewed July 18, 2014

I have stayed here for the last ten years, and the hotel has adapted very well to conference goers. Since I don't hang out on the balcony, I value the fact that, though it is about 16 stories tall, it is still easy to get in and out to the pool, the beach, or the town. The pool is indoors and very accessible (the water is always warm), there are two Internet stations to stay in touch with, The Horizons restaurant has great food and a terrific view of the ocean, and the staff has always been very responsive and helpful. The rooms have always been clean and fully equipped. All in all, I have enjoyed my stays here.

Room Tip: Rooms on the North side are quieter; there are windows at each end of the hallway, so you can check...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank 637C_O
Thank you for your continued patronage! I'm glad that we fulfill your needs and provide a comfortable and convenient home away from home while you attend your conference. We'll see you next time!
Ashburn
Reviewed July 16, 2014

We stayed here at the end of June (kids, my mom and dog) for 3 nights. We were on the pet floor so did have the AC system view but could see the Ocean from our room. We were surprised at how quiet it was and had no issues with other dogs. People were very accommodating of our dog. There is a small area to take the dogs to the side of the hotel. It would be nice if they would make this "off leash" as most dog owners would love for their dog to play w/other ones and get some good exercise. There really isnt a great place or grassy area close by to walk. Our room was clean, housekeeping was responsive and the staff was pleasant and friendly. The pool was nice and the bar was right there. Loved that they had live entertainment. The location was good also..far enough North to avoid some crowds but really only a 10 minute drive to the boardwalk if that. We didn't get to take part in the magic show or other kids events. Overall we were happy with our stay

Room Tip: The 5th floor is the "pet" floor..if you don't have a pet, avoid. Higher floors have...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank SLM322
StephanieHReed, Manager at Clarion Resort Fontainebleau Hotel - Oceanfront, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! We're glad you were able to experience your vacation with the furry members of your family! We're looking forward to welcoming you all back in the near future!