“Best Choice Hotel in Ocean City!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Clarion Resort Fontainebleau Hotel
Ranked #31 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Glen Burnie, MD
“Best Choice Hotel in Ocean City!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

We checked in a couple days ago (Room 920) and...will be staying here until August 2...although we will be checking to see if we can extend our stay....Yeah, its that Awesome!! We like Ocean City,...we LOVE the Clarion Fontainebleau Restort. This hotel is what draws us to come to Ocean City every other year, other years we travel to Myrtle Beach. We have stayed at this hotel I believe since 2006. There is a reason we keep coming back, their staff is awesome, the food is great, their amenities are nice and their rooms with views are spectacular. I read some negative reviews prior to coming this time...I must say, Job well done to Clarion because they must have addressed all those horrible things very very quickly. Hey, not all ppl are beach goers; their are expectations when coming to a beach hotel and they certainly meet those expections at the Clarion Fontainebleau Resort. This hotel is yes, pet friendly, yes it is family friendly...you know what else? It's couple friendly. It has something for everyone. Is it aged? It's not brand new, as stated we stayed here since '06, but It's well maintained. If I was forced to give a negative...mind you we absolutely love this place, the pool water was a little cloudy (prob low alkalinity, just a chemical thing...check ph levels). We also do miss the water umbrella in the outdoor pool. Parking? Not an issue. Poor water pressure?, It is as expected and not bad at all. Sofas and stains? We are staying in room 920 and I guess we just got lucky...we have no such issues!!! How dare you haters knock our home away from home. Clarion Fontainebleau Resort rocks!!! Best of Ocean City!!!

2 Thank HCBELL04
StephanieHReed, Manager at Clarion Resort Fontainebleau Hotel, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Thank you so much for all the kind words, and for your continued patronage! We're very glad you enjoy your stay while you're with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
Annapolis, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Very pleased with our too short get a way. People were very friendly and helpful. Room was very clean and spacious. Recreation areas were clean and enjoyable. Food was also good and reasonably priced which made it especially nice for snacking or for meals. Would like to have an assigned room parking space on oceanside at the hotel. Really didn't like having to cross the highway for the overflow parking but at least we did have a place to park. Would definitely recommend Clarion for all age groups.

1 Thank Peggy V
Thank you for the great review! We look forward to serving you again soon!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

My family is very picky when it comes to cleanliness but read the other reviews, the hotel is immaculate!
I did get burned on the famous seafood buffet advertised all over the hotel but with no prices! It was around $35.00-$40.00/ person! $16.95 for kids! No soft drinks included.
Beach cafe food, priced reasonably, and is very good. They have a very friendly staff. I won't hesitate to stay again.

1 Thank icats13
Thank you for taking the time to post your review! We hope to see you again soon!
Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

Nice place. Clean. Friendly. But a young guy came into bar , was loud , vulger , and should have been kicked out right away. Bartender(Matt) served him anyway. There were a few children in area since it was only 9 p.m. Security came for him around 10. Not sure if i would stay there again. Not recommended for children , in my opinion. When i checked out young lady didn't bother to ask how my stay was. Checked out around 9 a.m. friday.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Please accept my sincere apologies for this issue. The patron being loud and vulgar should have been escorted off property as soon as the problem started. We normally have a great family atmosphere, with family-friendly activities all summer. I do hope you will stay with us again. Thank you very much for your post.
Dover, Delaware, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

I just returned from Clarion at OC for a short vacation with 2 adults and 3 children. The location was excellent, the hotel amenities were excellent but the property was old and in need of upgrade so that the price I paid (through AARP) was equal to the room supplied. The shower wall had a huge crack going from top to bottom. The water pressure was so low that we could hardly bath. There was a sofa in the room that had so many stains on it that I called housekeeping to bring sheets to that I could cover it before I let my grandchildren sit on it. I was disappointed that after paying $224 per night the hotel was not of a better quality. It surely did not deserve a three star rating.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Jeanette C
I apologize for the issues you had with your room. I hope you called to let the front desk know about the crack in the shower wall. If not, would you be so kind as to message me with the room number so we can have that taken care of right away? Thank you, I appreciate you're letting me know.
We do renovations to the property every off season, and plan on continuing that practice for the foreseeable future.
Thank you for your post. We hope to see you again soon.

Travelers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

Let me begin with, I came down to OC for a family vacation with my family of 5 ,3 of them being little children. As we arrived if you do not have a handicap sign , your chances of getting a parking spot is slim to none . After waiting 10 minutes for an elevator we arrive in the hot and stuffy hallway ,no air sircirculation whatsoever. We get in the room theres a tile missing in the shower, the safe didn't work, the pullout couch was stained and dirty and not to mention doors were off the hinges. My kids were so excited to visit the "game room" ,well if u consider 2 little machines a game room. Then off to the pool where both inside and outside were cloudy, dirty you couldn't even see in the water. Then we visit the buffet fordinner , besides there not any desert to choose from , what was left looked like it was their for days. And not to mention you had to pay separately for coffee, and soda . Most of the staff was helpful, besides the women at checkout who was very sarcastic and not friendly at all. Some perks however was the live entertainment outside and the happy hour drinks and nice private beach. For the price they charged per night I was extremely dissapointed and will not be returning unless there are some major renovation's .

• 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank heather914
We have and will continue to do renovations in the off season. During the height of the season, the elevators are slower, especially during check in and check out times. We do understand the frustration regarding that elevator wait. Concerning the parking, we do have an overflow lot across the street, where after dropping your luggage with one of the doormen, you can park across the street and use the crosswalk one block north of the lot to cross safely.
I apologize that the buffet didn't seem to meet our standard the night you dined in Horizons. I have made the Food & Beverage Director aware of the issue.
I am surprised the pools were cloudy. They are tested several times a day, and shut down if the chemical ratio is not correct. Thank you for passing along that information.
We do hope to be able to welcome you back to the Clarion soon; please give us another chance to extend our services.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

This hotel was great for our short beach trip. Request a high floor... we stayed on the 16th floor and the view was great! The best part of this hotel is that they have a private beach with servers walking around taking your order!! Nothing beats drinking 151 pina coladas on the beach! The Room Service breakfast was pretty good. The staff was always super nice! The worst part about this hotel is the elevators. There are only 3 for the entire hotel and they seem to stop on every floor!

It is a very far walk to get to the center of ocean city tho... we walked to seacrets and it was a killer. Also I got the romance package and the beach package… The romance package was a complete waste of money. They advertised snacks cheese wine champagne fruits ect… what we got was very very cheap champagne (so cheap we didn’t even drink it it was disgusting), 2 air plane bottles of wine, a kit kat bar a Hershey bar a bag with 2 oreos in it and 2 mini baby bell cheeses. The beach package however was nice it came with 2 towels a tote a beach umbrella 2 beach chairs and 2 free drink coupons to their beach bar.

Overall this hotel was great for our purposes. I would not recommend coming here for more than 3 or 4 nights.

Room Tip: Request a high floor