“Awesome Family Vacation Spot!”
Review of Sahara Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Sahara Motel
Ranked #53 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Salisbury, Maryland
“Awesome Family Vacation Spot!”
Reviewed August 27, 2010

What an awesome place! My family and I are from Salisbury, MD....we decided to take a last minute vacation before our teenagers started back to school. How cool was it that we could simply travel 30 miles East to Ocean City and find such a fantastic place! We are thinking now that every vacation is going to be in our "backyard" so to speak. The Sahara Motel is truly what Ocean City is....a family type atmosphere, great price and a friendly staff. Our room was great and so was the housekeeping staff. They have it all wrapped up in a reasonable price for a family of 5! They have 2 swimming pools, a Cafe and are located right on the boards! We even took the bus system everyhwere...the bus only cost $2.00 per day! So nice to find a gem in your "backyard"!

3 Thank LAXMOM2009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 24, 2010

my family has stayed at the sahara motel many times in the last 10 years............the location is perfect.
we stay in the oceanfront rooms and love the floor to cieling glass fronts.....what a view. it has always been very clean and we
have NEVER had a problem. i do not understand the bad reviews.....obviously you cannot please everyone ...maybe they had personal issues....because we have not had any problems. we choose to stay here for about 200.00 a night instead of the big hotels for 400.00 a night and spend the money we save on the boardwalk amusements which are great but the cost adds up fast. we do not think you can stay anywhere in ocean city for this rate in the summer anywhere as nice.

4 Thank pittsburghfan1968
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed August 24, 2010

This was a simple room with an incredible oceanfront view. The bathrooms are small, but I was at the beach and not planning on spending a lot of time in my room or bathroom! I found everything to be quite clean, the housekeeper was very pleasant and seemed happy to work around my morning schedule. I checked in after hours and had no problems there. A nice girl named Alison who worked at the front desk suggested restaurants and activities, she was like the Chamber of Commerce. The location was the best on the boardwalk. Great cafe on the property, I forgot the name.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank cobeachgirl628
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed August 16, 2010

The room smelled like mildew, the sink was clogged, and the beds were horrible. The have not been any upgrades in this motel for a very long time. The small refridgerator was extremely old and needed to be replaced. The locks on the windows did not work and the carpet was stained and worn in many places.

The only plus to this motel is that it is very close to the beach - right across the street. Find another place to stay if you are looking to vacation in Ocean City.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank Abesbabe23

Travelers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

Clements, Maryland
Reviewed August 15, 2010

I have had more room in a porta potty. The bathroom was the smallest I have ever seen. I could not even shut the door without moving to the side. There was feces and hair on the toilet seat. There was disgusting grime in the shower. It was so bad I didn't even want to sit down in the room. I actually considered sleeping on the balcony it was so bad. It doesn't appear that there has been an upgrade here in many years. When I saw the T.V. I actually questioned whether it was going to be in black and white or color. Please please please spend your money somewhere else or just sleep on a bench on the boardwalk instead of stayint in this horrible motel. Utterly Disgusting!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Thetravelingveteran
Towson, Maryland
Reviewed August 13, 2010

We just returned from a 4-night stay in the Tower building at the Sahara. The place isn't fancy, but it is well-maintained and very clean. My husband and I like to travel cheap, so we usually stay at the cheaper, older motels in OC. This was the nicest place we've stayed in OC so far. No crumbs or sand on the floor. No bugs. No weird stains. No mold or slime in the bathroom. The bed was comfortable. The maid came everyday and gave us new towels. The furniture and bathroom were older, but they still worked well.
There are two pools. Both are relatively small and only go up to 5 ft. The little kids tended to go in the peanut shaped pool in front of the Poolside bldg, so we kept to the pool in front of the Tower bldg. The pool was clean and few people seemed to use it.
The motel was quiet overall, though people did like to hang out on the walkways. On a couple of nights, we found some older people (40's - 60's) having a little party out there, but they were pretty quiet and I couldn't hear them inside the room. There was a security guard present who you could call if someone was being disruptive.
The location is great - on the boardwalk, but high enough up so you don't have a lot of crowds and noise. The Sahara cafe is a great place to grab breakfast. It was very convenient - just a walk down the hall. Overall, I would definitely return there for another stay.

2 Thank Leonje
Central PA
Reviewed August 12, 2010

I think this motel is great. The location is perfect -on or near the boardwalk depending on which building you are in- and it is a quiet part of the boardwalk. Every staff member I encountered was very friendly and helpful. The rooms are spacious (the bathrooms are a little on the small side but I've found that to be the case in most OC hotels/motels that I've stayed). Overall this is one of the best places I've stayed in OC.... and for the price I think it is the best.

2 Thank JoKur6207