Quality Inn Oceanfront
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Edge(Ocean City)
View Hotel
Sea Bay Hotel(Ocean City)
Maridel Motel(Ocean City)
View Hotel
Surf Inn Suites(Ocean City)
  • Pool
All reviewstropical birdsatrium cafekoi pondoutdoor poolatrium roombeautiful atriumfirst floorchoice hotelsshowing its ageground floorhot tubocean vieweach morningfull kitchenbeach accesskids lovesofa bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 1, 2014

The front desk was extremely helpful and very friendly. The atrium area was very well taken care of and pool area appeared to be clean and well maintained. The room was clean and well stocked with towels and toiletries which were restocked daily. Overall, a very pleasant stay. Will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: If your room is on oceanfront, make sure door i locked with a security bar.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed July 31, 2014

If you're looking to stay somewhere reasonably priced (for the area) and quiet, but have low expectations, then this property is for you. Personally, I would not stay here again. While it was not terrible and it did have some positive points (proximity to beach being the most positive), I was, overall, disappointed. I made my tradeoffs this trip in terms of price since I simply couldn't afford to be at the Holiday Inn down on 17th Street but next time I will spend the extra money because it is well worth it. As other reviews have stated, the Quality Inn Oceanfront is, at best, dated. Our room was ready upon arrival and it was exactly what we reserved in terms of amenities (2 double beds, sleeper sofa, small kitchenette) and location (ground floor, direct beach access) and the front desk was courteous. We had four people in our party but were only permitted three keys (since an additional key would "deactivate" the others). Odd. But certainly not a deal breaker. The room was clean upon entering and fully stocked with towels, pillows, etc. That was where the good news ended. The sliding door was unsecure and the lock really didn't function properly. If security is a concern, make sure you request second floor. That said, however, I never actually felt "unsafe". The sleeper sofa was unusable. Admittedly, I didn't inspect it, but my son opened it, looked at it and closed it again. He said it was dirty and stained. For a 17 year old boy who is not squeamish about anything to just pack it up, it had to be bad. We left the first day to go to the beach and apparently housekeeping entered because the beds were made when we got back, but I really think that might be the extent of what that they did. The carpet was not vacuumed. Unacceptable for a beach hotel, especially a ground floor room (which we requested). No matter how careful you are, sand still gets in and the carpet really needed to be vacuumed while we were out. It clearly was not. Our towels were minimally replaced. I didn't count, but I think they left us two bath towels and a few hand towels. No wash cloths. Since we were all hungry and anxious to shower before leaving for dinner, in lieu of calling the front desk and waiting for towels to be delivered, I sent my son down to the front desk to request additional towels. He came back empty handed. They "didn't have any." Sorry, but that is unacceptable for nearly $300 per night. We waited patiently but after 20 minutes, called the front desk and were told to "give it another couple of minutes". Ten minutes more and we gave up the wait and showered using whatever clean beach towels we had left (thank goodness we had some). The gym, which I look forward to, was virtually unsuable since it smelled of mold/mildew. No way would I exercise and breathe that in, never mind that it just looked dirty. I took one peek in and walked out. I ran on the street/boardwalk instead. Again, unacceptable. The pools appeared to be fairly well maintained, but the indoor pool closed at 10, so we never got to use it. The atrium was beautiful and the birds, turtles, fish and even lizards were unique. The Atrium cafe service was excellent and the food (very basic) and drinks were very good too. We had snacks there daily and the frozen drinks were great. Prices were more reasonable than I would expect for a hotel cafe. So, all in all, not a terrible hotel, but if you are extremely fussy (as I am), stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Etta E
Reviewed July 30, 2014

This was a nice hotel, clean with a spacious room and the bathroom wasn't too small like most hotels. It would be nice to have a curtain over the bathroom window instead of just the crinkled clear coating though. Desk staff were always kind and helpful with any questions we had. Boardwalk location is great, not too much noise at night. We would stay here again!

Room Tip: It costs extra at ANY hotel, but I would always get the oceanfront room! Nothing more relaxing than sitting on your balcony watching the waves roll in!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank wcsd4090
Reviewed July 29, 2014

I am a procrastinator. I waited until Friday to try to book our place at OC, for a Sunday -for a few days. I have lots of Marriott and Hilton points, and a handful of Choice rewards, but rarely stay at Quality Inns. Not a snob, just paranoid about clean hotels... So I am ecstatic to find a good one. Yes, the place is a bit outdated. Some old tiles/ grout, and need for new paint. But linens and towels seemed 'fresh'. Furniture did not have that 'beachy' funk. Nice layout, similar to Springhill Suites, 2 beds and full pullout, plus a real kitchenette w large fridge/ micro/ elect stove and Dw.
Hint: coffee machine takes those weird packets (not keuric pods). But there is coffee in the lobby.
What you need to know... They honored my military rate of $279 for an ocean-front room. (Similar hotels would not sleep 6, and cost $400...)
Nice atrium w pool, plus outdoor pool, ocean is only steps away. No trouble parking, and the crowd seems to be families - not the OC party crowd. Walked to Dumsers and to Mackeys... Great spot!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank mjnAshburn
Reviewed July 27, 2014

I take my children and grand children(ages 14 & 10) for four days in June for the past four years. I take two rooms. There is something for everyone. This year the grand children discovered the tennis court on your property and had so much fun with their Dad everyday. It is nice to have an indoor and outdoor pool as well as the ocean. I like the location of the outdoor pool because you get the late day sun as long as possible. Your indoor cafe is wonderfully located. The rooms are well taken care of and everyone at the desk is accomodating. The 54th St. location is convienent to many things in either direction. We all have fun and look forward to next year.

Room Tip: Atrium rooms are less expensive. I have not stayed in any other rooms except the Atrium side.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family