“Can't Wait To Return”

Quality Inn Oceanfront
Ranked #35 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
“Can't Wait To Return”
Reviewed August 30, 2008

We had a great time at the Quality Inn Oceanfront! Right on the beach ... pool was on street side, but secluded. Keep up nicely, too! Inside staff was very helpful. If you needed something, you got it immediately! Inside pool and atrium was something I haven't seen at any hotel. The birds are let out of their cages (only when staff is there) and they talk and are friendly with the customers. Food at the inside Tiki Bar was very reasonably priced and good! We had a great time and can't wait to return! P.S. Mary of housekeeping took very good care of us!

• Liked — Cleanliness of hotel and friendliness of staff.
  • Disliked — Can not think of anything.
2 Thank MorgansGranny

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
Reviewed August 28, 2008

We had an ocean front room on the 4th floor and felt so good about the hotel. The staff was helpful and the birds were a nice difference. We look forward to returning to the hotel this September.

Stayed July 2008
1 Thank mom2morgan
Drexel Hill, PA
Reviewed August 22, 2008

I'm writing this review because reading the reviews on this website is what helped me make my final decision to book this hotel. So I'm hoping that my input will help someone else as well. First the PROS:

LOCATION: Perfect!! It's located on 54th & Coastal Hgwy. in Ocean City, MD which is far enough away from the noise and crowds of downtown and the boardwalk but not so far it's a pain in the butt to get there when you want. It's close to the Convention Center (if you care), close to restaraunts, clubs, amusements, gas stations, and supermarkets. The beach is guarded/private, uncongested and CLEAN!
HOTEL: Room Service - very accomodating, attentive, and on point. Decor - very tropical, "beachy", and clean. The beds were the most comfortable I've ever slept on in ANY hotel. Even my 16yr. old, fussy daughter raved of how she wished she could take the mattress home!! Our room was an non-smoking oceanfront efficiency with a spectacular view of the beach and ocean from the 4th floor. The balcony, complete with table and chairs was private with walls on both sides so you weren't staring down your neighbors throat. The back of the hotel also featured shaded hammocks that were incredibly relaxing enough to lull you to sleep with the cool ocean breeze caressing you, the waves crashing in the background - my gosh! What a treat!! Anyway, the room was big enough to sleep 6 people which included my husband and I, our three children plus my neice (ages 11, 15,16, and 18yrs old). The dresser and closet was even ample enough for us all to unpack and stow our luggage away without tripping over each other! The kitchen was fully stocked and came with a dishwasher and soap, stove with an oven, refrigerator and freezer. It took the headache & expense out of eating out all the time! The bathroom was decent enough with a tub/shower combo with a massaging shower head but my main reason for mentioning it in this review is that I was relieved that six people were able to shower back to back without the water pressure changing or the hot water running out!!! Loved the outdoor pool and pool bar. Loved the indoor heated pool, jacuzzi, and Atrium bar. LOVED THE TROPICAL ATRIUM, PERIOD!! I was very thankful that the hotel staff always left fresh laundered towels stacked in the Lobby so you never had to worry about dragging your own towels around! Loved the all day, all night free coffee and the fresh fruit in the morning! I was VERY thankful for the guest laundry room which was FREE!! The game room was perfect for the kids to keep busy whenever they got a little bored and for me and my husband to take on a game of pool when we got bored! I'm also thankful for the shower/changing room in the Atrium that allowed us to check out at 11am but still enjoy the pool and be able to shower and change before leaving for good. Oh and lest I forget, there's also an exercise room and tanning bed although I personally didn't utilize them as walking in the sand did my thighs great and I'm already black so tanning is kind of a mute point. (HA!HA!) Oh and there's also wireless internet on the Atrium side and wired Ethernet (high speed) on the oceanfront side where we stayed. The front desk was very accomodating in lending me an ethernet cable for my laptop. And one other thing! There's a safe in the closet in the room which allows you to set your own 4-digit code. I was able to lock up my laptop and all my other valuables while out of the room. This was one heck of a worry free vacation! I will DEFINITELY stay here again! It was worth every penny!!!

And now the CONS:
Well there aren't many. I wish they cleaned the jacuzzi more than once a day (too many sandy feet), it was quite frankly gross. And the parrots, although beautiful and fun became an noisy annoyance when they woke in the morning but I digress - they were only noisy if you opened your room door. :>)
Our first night there we spotted a few micro-sized ant-looking bugs on the kitchen counter. When I informed management they said they would take care of it. When we returned to the room -poof- no bugs for the rest of our week long stay!

• Liked — The view, the Atrium, the pool/Atrium bars, the free laundry, the fully equipped kitchen, the game room, the location, and the accommodating staff.
  • Disliked — Dirty jacuzzi
2 Thank Tazdoc1
20732
Reviewed August 15, 2008

This was a great deal for the money. Management has made a great deal of changes. The birds in the atrium are gorgous. The pool is kept very clean. Management and staff were very helpful. Both Dan and Donna were very helpful during our stay.

• Liked — Pool
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ceaccccceeeeee
Reviewed August 15, 2008

My husband and I went down to O.C. for a long weekend and heard that it was a nice place to stay and was reasonable. We were not dissapointed. Dan the manager and another worker Donna were very nice and helpful in recommending nice places to eat. The resturant there was very nice as we ate several meals there. My husband and I would definately stay there agian.

Stayed July 2008
1 Thank Josie16
new york
Reviewed August 11, 2008

I had booked my vacation late so i was limited on hotels and wanted to be right on the beach, so this place was all that was left...unfortunatley.I had a oceanfront front room on the third floor with a private balcony. We opened the door and the smell of mold was overwhelming. I guess the email I sent before I came specifically stating I needed a room with NO mold because my 4 year old daughter is a severe asthmatic didn't get read. There was black mold on the ceiling,along the molding on the top wall,down along the privacy curtain on the wall and the carpet was full of it. Everytime you walked into the bathroom and stepped onto the white bathmat it turned black..GROSS. The "new" renovations consist of haphazard new tiling in the bathroom and holes cut too large for the fixtures so there gaping holes around the ceiling fixtures. Old shower heads,Massive amounts of messy glue around the bottom of the toilet, Old sheets on the beds, Really gross moldy stained carpets,Rusted refrigerator,dishwashers that dont clean, rusty ceiling fan,The most foul smelling hot tubs ever that the color of the water looks like urine, and sand filled indoor pool. Cockroaches around the parrot cages, stained hallway carpets.This place is like an indoor rundown trailer park. It is definetly not worth $1700 for 5 nights. My daughter had to sleep on the balcony because her asthma got so bad, I feel bad for the maid service, they did well trying to make the room look halfway decent each day. The atrium cafe does not do room service for any meal that they deliver to your room. You have to go an pick it UP!!! Stay away from this place and spend a few extra bucks to stay at a place where you will stay healthy.

• Liked — It was right on the beach
  • Disliked — EVERYTHING The place is a DUMP
2 Thank jeepgal31

Travelers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

maryland/d.c
Reviewed August 6, 2008

I read some positive & negative reviews of this property and I knew I was taking a chance. My boyfriend and I always stay at Comfort Inn on Boardwalk but since we only had about 2 days to book a hotel, we had to settle for this one. Ugh... We stayed on the first floor by the atrium. The carpets had stains ALL over them, there was a crack on the window in the bathroom AND the nets to keep bugs from coming into the room from outside was partially broken, the sheets on the bed had a pretty big nasty yellowish brown stain on it, the bathroom stank like feet, and the microwave still had some stains and crap inside. We complained, and someone came in and "cleaned" but I still wasn't satisfied. I mean we paid around 300 for this?
This hotel had so much potential... I think they could do so much with it but with the price and the quality of the hotel, I would NEVER returned and will advise people to NEVER go there.
The only OKAY thing about the hotel was the atrium cafe/bar. The food was better than I expected, the workers there were pretty nice. Happy hour was okay, the mixed frozen drinks weren't great but better than expected.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple