“Its ok” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 108 Hotels in Ocean City
Baltimore, Maryland
“Its ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We use to stay at this hotel every year when I was younger. Then we stopped for many years. We return on our day trips to OC (we life 2 hours away) to lay on the beach, and go in and eat if we need to. We can tell the hotel has gone down hill. The pool and hot tubs do not look inviting what so ever anymore. The bathrooms are terrible. Nothing ever looked clean. The food at the little restaurant is over priced but tastes ok. Drinks are small. I do love the birds though and the tropical feel. When we use to stay here years ago, they had alot more animals and trees everywhere. Its an ok hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

booked a room with 5 other couples for an off season winter get away and was stuck at a hotel full of kids ages 0 to 16 that ran rampid and took over the pool,bar (yes bar area) and hot tubs all night until they closed at 10:oo,they ran the one elevators needlessly to all floors and ran around unsupervised all nite for our two nites there. We complained to the management to no avail. All though the staff were pleasent they could not manage to enforce rules like riding skateboards inside . I am not a old fogie and understand the concept of a family hotel ,but this was more like an out of control chuckie cheese convention. I think the least the hotel could of done was to tell us that this was a prebooked halapulosa and that you probably wont enjoy your stay unless you drink large quanities of alcohol and passed out for the entire trip.Other than that the room was dated but ok if you dont mind ants in the kitchen.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank platnum1234
Joppa, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

This is our second stay here for my daughter's cheerleading competition. I'm sorry to say I can't give the good review I gave last time. The pros of this hotel is the location. The oceanfront rooms are great, we had a room on the first floor were you could walk out onto the beach from the porch which was fantastic. The beds were comfy, the room was spacious with a sleeper sofa and curtains that retract to separate the room. The indoor pool was a blast with the kids and the tiki bar has awesome frozen drinks.Staff was super friendly too. However, the reason I gave it a 3 was because of the cleaning. Our room was pretty dirty at first step in. There was toothpaste on a "clean"towel, a bandaid in the corner of the bathroom, hair on the sink, the knobs to the stove were covered in grease, there was some white subtance on the refrigerator and under the sink....let's just say I only opened once the whole trip. There were also other unsatisfied cheer parents from bugs to stains on the bed. The kids had a blast in the pool and the staff let us bring a DJ so the kids could have a pool party which was awesome so we would stay here again. The staff just seriously needs to go behind their cleaning people and figure out the bug problem.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a quiet stay make sure they are not having any parties or functions because t...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank poca1313
Roanoke, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I was going to be working in the area so I booked a weekend there for my wife and I for a mid-winter getaway. We arrived late on Friday, hoping for a good room, and planning on grabbing a bite in the bar before heading to bed. When we arrived the lobby was full of teeny-boppers, and you couldn't hear yourself think. It turns out the hotel was booked for a middle-school cheerleading competition. Since we arrived late, they wouldn't let us out of our reservation. Friday night was a night from hell .... evidently some kid had given all her friends our room number, when actually she was directly under us. We had kids knocking on our door continuously looking for "Meredith" .... I eventually went to the front desk and asked to leave, and they read me the language from the booking agreement stating that I was bound to stay there with no recourse. The following morning I approached the front desk to ask to be released from the second night, and was told by the girl that she had no authority to do that, and the manager wasn't able to be reached. So we stayed the second night, which turned out to be worse than the first.
When I called and booked my room there was no indication from the front-desk person that it would be anything other than a normal weekend. If they had told me that 500 middle school girls would be staying there then I could forgive them completely. But I called on Friday morning for a Friday night checkin, and it was never mentioned.
I will never stay here again, and after calling the corporate office and speaking with more stonewallers I won't be staying at any "Quality Inns".
Worst. Experience. Ever. And after 35 years of traveling several days a week on business I can honestly say it is the first time I've ever been cursed by a front-desk employee. Good riddance.
For a positive, the room was clean and well appointed, The mattress was tolerable but not great. The cleaning staff was apologetic for the mayhem caused by the teeny-boppers, and encouraged me not to judge their hotel by one weekend's experience. But alas, the die had been cast.

Room Tip: Don't choose this one
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
8 Thank Joe D
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

The facilities were alright and the room was okay, but the service from the Staff was cold and borderline rude. I had to call the front desk three times to complain about a party going on in the atrium at 1 and 2 AM (it was Sunday night). My wife and I were trying to sleep and these people were yelling and screaming and running up and down the halls until almost 3 AM. It was ridiculous! I can't imagine staying here in the peak season and putting up with that! I won't be staying here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the ocean at either end of the hotel. Do NOT get one in the middle if you exp...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Dell65
Willards, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times, but this last time was the worst. We checked in on a Saturday and checked out on a Monday in the off season. I liked this hotel because of its tropical decor and it's indoor pool. I live in the area and stay here as a way to celebrate my grand daugters birthday. On this trip I had my 11 and 6 year old grand daughters with me who look forward to swimming in the pool. On this last stay on Sunday the pool was closed. I was told in the morning the pool was closed due to a bacteria and would re-open later that day. After waiting most of the day I asked again about the pool and was told I could use a "sister hotel" that was almost a mile away. We used the "sister hotel" and were unhappy with it's pool acommendations. On Monday the pool was drained and we were told the pool was being painted. When I confronted the manager about the situtaion they acted like they had no idea that the pool was closed at all. The manager offered a 20% discount on my future stay, but I have seen on many hotel booking websites if you book early you can get a 20% discount. I feel that the hotel knew before I checked in about the pool painting and lied about the pool having bacteria and telling me it would be open later so I wouldn't check out early and request a refund for Sunday night. I also think they should have told me before my stay so I could have stayed somewhere else. I feel very decieved by this hotel and I don't have any plans to ever stay here again.

Room Tip: This hotel has many two types of rooms, one with an ocean front balcony with the main entrance to th...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Donna M
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Have been coming here for 18years and never had a bad experience. The staff at the front desk are great to work with and Kevin, Kate,Dan and the rest of the staff at the atrium is alwsome! Not to mention the birds. Can't wait till next year!

• Stayed February 2013