“No Quality Inn”

Quality Inn Oceanfront
Ranked #37 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Quality is in the name only. Old everything, AC could not be controlled, bugs, hallways dirty, had to ask for bath towels everyday. Did not get dish washing cleaner that was ask for. Would never go back . This hotel needs major help>>>>Location is good and that is it

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank marc d

Reviewed August 22, 2012

For a long weekend girls getaway we had 5- 30 something women in one ocean side hotel room, for our purposes it suited what we needed despite being a very small bathroom. We received lots of towels and pillows, but make sure to bring your own pool or beach towel, those provided are very small. It was nice to wake up to the ocean right outside our sliding glass door. The curtain separating the couch from the beds provided a nice separation from the sunny mornings when needed. Also make sure to close your sliding glass door and screen if you want air conditioning, the trigger needs to be aligned to work. If part of your trip involves the night life to include, Seacrets, Mackey's and Fager Island, then this is the perfect spot to stay, all are within walking distance. Plus the kitchenette that included a medium size fridge and freezer plus stove is an added bonus. I highly recommend getting a top floor room if you are traveling without kids, otherwise the lower the level the indoor pool and exuberant children and parrots may get annoying in the morning.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank DeltagMaryland
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Recently went for a long weekend here and found it to be a good place to stay. Rooms were clean and the front desk staff on check in helpful. Ample parking and a 10% food discount offered for food at the Inn. It had exoctic birds in the lobby with fish and a pond. Indoor swimming pool and sauna. Good location for kids to stay as it also has an indoor pool for those rainy days. Has excellant access to the beach and is a well maintained property. I would stay there again if i would return to this area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank welltraveled_9
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Stayed at the Quality Inn, August 2012, for the amount of money they required it was the absolute WORSE HOTEL U HAVE EVER STAYED IN... I had to be moved iff site at another place. I was moved several times and all the rooms were old and had dead bugs and mouse droppings in the cabinets. Would never stay there again...

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank Shadell
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Stayed here for a few nights in August. Hotel was completely booked. Arrived late at night and was able to find a parking space, so I'll rate the parking as good. We booked an Oceanfront room and I loved the view and waking up to the sound and sights of the ocean.
Room to me is your typical "shore" room. Double beds with small kitchen and pull out couch, not dirty, but not overly clean. Bathroom was basic, water pressure was awful, could hardly wash the soap out of my hair. Like others said, there was mold in the bathroom and on the ceiling in the room. I feel this was due to the fact that while the air conditioning blew cold air, it did not effectively remove the humidity from the air, and everything in our room was "wet". Forget about blow drying your hair!
The rooms seemed to be well insulated, I did not hear much noise from anyone, except them sliding the door open and closed at 3 am at least 20 times. Balcony also very private, with cement from floor to ceiling on both sides so your neighbors could not see you. I actually really liked that. Gave plenty of toiletries and towels.
Rooms on ground floor have stairs leading to beach, which I thought was nice, but the sand dunes blocked the ocean view. Might be good if you had kids and something to keep in mind..
Place had two pools, one inside, one outside, and two hot tubs inside. I didnt use either of them because Im not a big fan of public pools, and they were overrun with kids. I was impressed however, it seemed that they drained the hot tubs and refilled them at least every other day. Thought that was good for germ control.
As big as the hotel was, we actually couldnt find the check in desk at first! Its buried in the middle of everything and really small, but they do have great fresh fruit at the front desk every morning! Atrium is nice with tropical birds, computer area, pool, hot tubs, koi pond and snack bar that had great frozen drinks! Only thing I didnt like, but that you cant really avoid, is the strong chlorine odor in the entire atrium, hits you like a ton of bricks when stepping out of your room. And yes, on some days, the birds were pretty loud and fiesty, and did wake me up, but honestly, they were more of a pleasure to hear than peoples screaming kids in the morning that drowned out the birds.
Thought location was good, we stayed here so we could walk to Seacrets. Also, not too far from the boardwalk, but not walkable. Hotel is in busier part of town.
Basically, you pay a rediculous amount of money for a basic room, but to me, that is the shore in the summer. They tried to keep the place clean, but you will have a constant flow of wet, sandy people in and out all day, so I think they did a decent job.
This was a quick getaway, so I knew I would pay through the nose, and we did have fun. But for the same price I can go to the Carribbean, all inclusive 5 star resort with airfare, which is what I normally do.

We had a good time and needed a quick getaway and thats what we got. We may try this hotlel for the car show weekend next May. Good Luck.

Room Tip: Get oceanfront, on higher floor. Bottom rooms are blocked by the dunes, but have stairs leading to...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SLaurenH
Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

Location is everything. That's what brought us to the place back in 2007. It's located beach front, close to local clubs, and mid island so it's a close bus trip to anywhere. Upon checking into our room, we could smell mold in the bathroom between the sink and bathtub. We looked but it appeared clean, just stunk pretty bad if you stood in that area. The heat lamp bulb was burnt out in the bathroom and the housing for the lamp was hanging from the ceiling. The refrigerator also had loud knocking sound inside the freezer. It would keep you awake so I opened the freezer and smacked the back wall of it and it eventually stopped. I would have requested a new room had we been spending longer than te weekend but they were advertising 100% occupancy so I don't know if relocating us would have even been possible. Other than that the room was unremarkable. It appears the entire outside of the hotel was painted in 2012. While the outside appears nice, the interior of the rooms are beginning to show their age from their upgrades from a couple years back. Staff if always very friendly. The highlight of this place is the Atrium. Food and drink in the Atrium is great, staff is great. This place is expensive, $950 for Fri/Sat/Sun. Yes I know you pay for location but I may look elsewhere and find something a little more for my money, and just come back and visit the Atrium.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank squrt43
Reviewed August 8, 2012

The location is the best thing about the hotel. The place is dirty and in disrepair. Be prepared to have to argue to get a clean room. Furniture in rooms looks like they found it on a curb and there is a mold problem.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family