“much improved”

Ranked #32 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Delaware
“much improved”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

We stay usually once each winter, because kids have loved the atrium with pool and exotic birds.After many years place began to decline but we still kept going. This year all new bedding updated kitchens and baths. So fresh and new even the atrium is updated. Stayed last weekend and had a great time.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank Bluewater76

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
High Falls, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012

We just stayed for two nights at the Quality Inn, Oceanfront, Ocean City MD. Room 417 came equipped with a full refrigerator, stove/oven, dishwasher, electric can opener and microwave, plus toaster, kitchen utensils. The bed was a king pus a sleeper sofa with a privacy curtain. A great view of the ocean; small table with 2 chairs on balcony. Kitchen had two chairs, with a small table; ample closet and drawer space. Overall the room was very nice. The hotel was clean and also has a bar/restaurant - nothing fancy but service is good; indoor pool and separate hot tub. The ocean access is very easy; however you are 30 blocks from the boardwalk. We walked to two nice places for drinks/eats - Fagers on the Bay Front and Seacrets on the Bay Front, both within simply 6 block walking distance.
I would highly recommend this hotel to my friends and family. We had to leave a day early due to an emergency at home and they did not charge us anthing extra for missing the third night. The staff was very nice and helpful. At the front desk there is a variety of fresh fruit available for guests which include apples, oranges and bananas-- free of charge along with coffee next to the beach access also free of charge all day. In front of the building is an outdoor pool and another hot tub. It is easy to reach this hotel from the Coastal Highway.

Laytons was farther downtown but that was also a great place for breakfast -- if you order the Breakfast Burrito be very hungary or share it with a friend!! It is huge!! But very good food!!

Room Tip: Ask for what you want and they will accommodate you the best that they can; also they do have birds...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank MsJeep126
Farmville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2012

We were very pleased with our room here at the Quality Inn. Almost like a trip back in time. We checked in at sunset and found the room to be complete and comfortable. The rooms are equipped so that you can fix yourself meals in your room and sit at the little dining table. The amenities in the bathroom are nice, there is coffee in the room. There is coffee and tea available down in the lobby near the exit to the ocean, right off the library. The Atrium Cafe off the lobby is small but the food is good and the staff is friendly. There are five beautiful birds in large cages in the lobby. There is also a very nice indoor koi pond that I didn't even notice until I was looking out over the lobby while waiting for the elevator. Some of the fish are quite large. There is a newspaper available daily and a bowl of fruit for customers. The bed and chairs were comfortable and relaxing. My only complaint was the noise. The rooms that face the ocean, line the interior of the building/lobby so that all activity in the lobby creates noise that echoes through the hotel. You can watch the kids play in the pool and from the time the pool opens around 9 AM til it closes at 10 PM, the shouting and screaming becomes quite annoying. There were a lot of children running along the hallway and the noise carries into the room. I wanted to go to sleep before 10 PM but couldn't because of the loud, loud noise. It is because of the noise that I rate this a 4 instead of a 5 but I would like to go back and stay there, when kids are in school! Another good point, the hotel is very close to the Route 50 bridge and in a good location in Ocean City.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Barbara220
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2012

Everything was great. We had a king bed efficiency with full fridge, stove, sink, dishes, pans, utensils, microwave, etc. -- for $64 a night! Plus, Nick, the night clerk went out of his way to clean up a jar of mushrooms we had dropped and broken while moving in. The whole staff was nice and friendly. We had a ground-floor room within steps of the inside pool, hot tubs, and Atrium Bar & Cafe. Everything was clean and well cared for, including the five beautiful tropical birds in cages. It reminded us of a high-class Las Vegas hotel, and we will recommend it to others every chance we get.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank boollllkstory2
Edgewood, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2012

As usual, the hotel was “Top Notch”. We came to OC for Cheer Competition, blocking approximately 50 rooms and everything went without a glitch. Staff had extra requests completed (and there were many) before we got to the hotel! Hotel management and staff went that “extra mile” to satisfy not only our team but all the guests in the hotel! They should be commended by Corporate Management! JOB WELL DONE!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Dj_Rick_G
Joppa, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2012

We stayed there too for my daughters cheer competition. Our stay was great. The rooms were very clean except for a few pieces of trash we found from previous occupants. The indoor pool was great and we visited the atrium bar a few times. Beds were comfortable and the view was fantastic, we were on the bottom floor and was able to walk right on the beach from our balcony. They even provided things like lotion make up remover shampoo conditioner....provided us with fresh towels. the kids had a blast at the pool party with the dj but if your going there to relax I suggest checking making sure nothing like this its going on because it got extremely loud. We would love to stay again but its a little too pricey for a normal ocean city visit, hopefully they willl choose this one again next season for her cheer competition.

• Stayed February 2012
3 Thank poca1313
Columbia, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2012

I booked a room for 3 nights starting on Saturday, Feb. 25th. When I arrived, I had a 3rd floor room with no elevator access (atrium view), so I had to carry all of my belongings up 3 flight of stairs. While the room was adequate, the room door was not sealed well, and the wind whistled loudly through it all night. There was a cheerleading competition in town, and the hotel had a DJ until 10pm in the atrium area - my room opened up to a balcony overlooking the atrium. When the DJ stopped, the noise continued until 3am, with both kids and their parents/chaperones talking and yelling constantly in the atrium area. At 1am, my room phone began to ring with kids looking for their friends. - obviously not supervised. About the 4th time it rang, I called the front desk, and they said they had no way of tracking who was calling, so I unplugged the phone. The next day things became quiet as the cheerleaders left, so I went out for the day. Before I left, I pulled the trash bags, and found old trash underneath them from someone's previous stay. Upon my return at 5pm, I found that my room had not been attended to by housekeeping, and when I called the front desk, I was informed that housekeeping was gone for the day. Being disappointed and tired from the night before, I decided to check out and move to another hotel. I did use the fitness room in the hotel in the morning, and it was very hot in there. I found a pair of earrings, most likely left by one of the cheerleaders. When I took these to the front desk, the woman working there tried to avoid looking at me and acted as if I was bothering her. In fact, the only person I encountered who was pleasant was the gentleman at the desk who checked me in and also checked me out when I left. I had originally booked the room because I read on line about the tropical birds in the atrium, but when I finally saw them on my second day, I was concerned about all of the kids whistling and trying to talk to them constantly. I can only imagine how traumatized they must have been with all of the noise from the night before. Not a relaxing environment at all as advertised.

Room Tip: Do not choose an Atrium room - no elevator access, no indoor access to pool and atrium
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo