“Suits the needs of a place to sleep at night and pop in & out of during the day”

Quality Inn Boardwalk
Ranked #78 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Milford, PA
Reviewed June 5, 2006

My family has been staying at this hotel for 10 plus years, since I was young. Through the years they have renavated here and there but some of the rooms still need work. The front desk is more than happy to attend to any problems ie. door lock not working right, sliding door off the track, not enought towels sometimes. It is a perfect hotel to stay in if you plan to be very busy during the daytime on the beach and boardwalk, and going out to restaurants and mini gold at night. It suits the needs of my family (we usually get a room that splits to fit 6 people) and we come back every year. The hotel is right on the boardwalk with 2 outdoor pools that are always active with people and an inside one that i tend to stay away from because there is always little kids in it. The hotel is great if you like to go on the boardwalk but like to be away from the noisy nightlife that tends to happen down towards the other end of the boardwalk. The beach out front is always clean so is the inside of the hotel. I have been going there for 10 plus years and have NEVER seen a "cockroach" or any bug in the hotel rooms. There is a great little bar out front too by the pool that is active for young people You get what you pay for, and for this hotel, being on the boardwalk, beach access, 3 pools, restaurants nearby everywhere, this is a good hotel. Ocean front view is wonderful. If you are looking to stay in the whole time and watch t.v. and sleep all day i would not say this is the hotel for you. It definately lacks in luxury, but its Ocean City, not sunny Florida!

• Stayed: July 2005
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed May 26, 2006

We stayed at the Quality Inn on the Boardwalk from May 22nd to the 26th. I booked the reservations a few months ago and then stumbled upon the tripadvisor web site. After reading some of the negative reviews I was thinking about switching to another hotel. I am very glad I did not switch. We stayed in the older part of the hotel and could not have been happier. The room was clean, there were no bugs anywhere and the staff was great.

The indoor pool and hot-tub were well maintained as was the exercise room. The equipment in the exercise room included a bike, elliptical machine, two treadmills and a weight machine. All of the machines were top notch. There is are also saunas and a tanning machine.

Give this place a chance. I'm glad I did.

• Stayed: May 2006
13  Thank MikeandSher
PA
Reviewed May 9, 2006

As the title states, this hotel is indeed infested with roaches.

Back in August 2005, my family spent their third year in a row at this hotel. The year before we got the same room as the year before that, but we noticed that year that the room was much older and the trimming around the bed was being torn off. Though I may be the young daughter of the family of five, the Quality Inn was only hated by me. My parents love it since it gives a great view of the ocean and boardwalk. Sure, it may be nice to see all the bikes passing by in the morning, but later in the day it become riff-raff and touristy. The beds were okay in my room, but the sheets were sort of stiff.

One of the things that I hated was that our television lacked a remote control. We have asked the manager countless times for a remote for the television, but appearently they said that tourists must have stole it on their vacation and they do not have back-ups. The outdoor pools were very poorly made; no lifeguards were hired and children could easily unattach pool dividers and play around with them. The tourists are very rude there, too. Every morning, they would lay their beach towels out on the chairs near the pool so then they can "reserve" their spot. DO NOT GO INTO THE INDOOR POOL. Sure, it does look sort of nice with the fake greenery placed around it, but the clorine horribly damages the hair. The food at the little mini cabana bar was very pricy for very little.

This hotel is infested with roaches, thus the title of this review "this hotel is infested with roaches". During my previous stay there, we have found two roaches living in the hotel. If you find one, you're bound to find more. One of the roaches was on my mom's bed. It was pretty ignorable. The other roach was on the curtain that split the TV room from the bedroom/mini kitchen. Eww...

Overall, I would not go here. Instead, think about the Holiday Inn next door, the Grand, the Capri, the Golden Sands, and there was another one that I heard about that I can't remember the name of.

Stayed: August 2005
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 7, 2006

• Stayed: May 2006
9  Thank reilly99
Frederick, MD
Reviewed April 17, 2006

My husband, 2 sons and I stayed at this hotel last summer, during peak season. We're staying there again this summer.

The hotel is older, and some of the rooms are in need of updating. The oceanfront room we stayed in was a little out of date, but was clean and provided everything a family on vacation might need: 2 double beds, pull out sofa bed, microwave, fridge, stove, pots, dishes, silverware, TV, DVD player, pools, beach access, boardwalk access, etc.

We stayed in an oceanfront room that overlooked one of the outdoor pools, and the boardwalk, of course. The oceanfront balconies are nice and spacious. The actual rooms are quite spacious as well.

This location of this hotel (17th street) is ideal for us. It's right on the Boardwalk and only 17 blocks from the rides and amusement area. Our family walked down to the rides nightly.

The pools are nice. The water level in the indoor pool was always low during our visit, and it seems the pool itself could use a little help. But, we enjoyed it. The 2 outdoor pools are gorgeous and provide pleanty of chairs/loungers for sunbathing or sitting to read a book.

The service was wonderful, and the laundry maching use is free, even during peak season. Just ask the front desk staff for tokens.

Stayed: July 2005