“Very accommodating and nice place”

Quality Inn Boardwalk
Ranked #78 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed August 5, 2011

Booked the the Quality Inn on 16th Street and Boardwalk at the last minute during 4th of July week when the Courtyard by Marriott on 15th would not honor a special rate deal. The front desk folks at Quality were great and very accommodating and were able to get me an oceanfront room with a large balcony. Although, they did not offer a government rate, they gave me a 30% off promotion deal which made the rate very reasonable. The room was a decent size with a good sized bathroom along with a full size refrigerator, microwave and stove. Everything was very clean. The maid service was excellent and consistent. The beds were comfortable and the place provided a quiet night's sleep. The restaurant was a great choice for a good, fast breakfast and even had a buffet offering. The 2 outdoor pools were refreshing and faced the boardwalk and an outdoor bar was between them which was very convenient. Also, there was a very nice indoor pool with a huge hot tub with a waterfall. The amenities were awesome and really rivaled the Courtyard. I'm glad that I ended up at the Quality Inn and would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank ChrisRide

Reviewed July 29, 2011

I stayed at the Quality Inn with my family for vacation. We've been visiting Ocean City for five years now, and this was the best hotel we've stayed at. But, like every hotel on the planet, it has its bad qualities as well as good. I'll start with the good first:
-great location, great view
-nice footwashing station was a plus
-multiple (clean!) pools to choose from if one was full, indoor pool open late for those of us with busy days!
-clean rooms
-safes for important things i dodn't want to take to the beach
-clean bathrooms (a MUST for me)
-yummy food at the bar
-easy checkin

And now, the not so good:
-shady, old couches in the lobby
-yucky bathmats in the shower
-decieving hotel doors (they make it look like you'll be staying in a dump)
-terrible maids (for example, they get annoyed with you when your schedule doesn't fit with theirs and you ask them to come back later. also, they seemed to never have any towels, and needed to come back later to bring them. and the third day, while i was sick in bed with my family at the beach, a maid knocked on the door, but i couldn't get out of bed to tell her to go away because i was so ill, so she just barges in and starts cleaning like i'm not even there!!!! that made me mad, because i had to deal with some strange foreigner witness me writhing in pain and dry heaving, and when i asked her to leave, she responded with 'but i clean!'. they can't even understand english!)

that's really all i can think of, but overall it was a nice stay and a terrific vacation(:

4  Thank HannahC8
Reviewed July 29, 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights in July 2011. The location was great; right on the boardwalk and easy access to the beach. We have 3 kids ages 4 and under and this was a great selling point for us. There are 3 pools, 2 outside and 1 inside. This was very nice as well because you can go to the pool to get the sand off of the kids before heading back to the room. There is a small bar and grill in the middle of the property and you can take the drinks to the pool with you (great for parents, too!). There are 2 showers out front to hose of the sand as well. Another great selling point is the public bathrooms on the first floor (great for small kids who have to go to the bathroom the second you get down to the beach!) We had a partial oceanview room. It was actually a great view for us, but the room was not anything luxurious for what we paid. Antiquated bathrooms, a sufficient kitchenette, bedroom 'area' and a small and outdated couch and TV area completed our room. Rooms were pretty clean, just not fancy by any stretch!! My in-laws stayed in an oceanfront room and it was MUCH nicer than ours. They were apparently redone in 2010, but not the rest of the property. I wish we could have afforded to stay in one of those rooms and then I would have given this hotel 5 stars...but for $60 more a night it was not in our price range.

Room Tip: Oceanfront rooms are MUCH nicer than oceanview
2  Thank LZaring
Reviewed July 20, 2011

My family and I stayed in Ocean City for 2 nights and we wanted to be in a great location on the Boardwalk. I have never stayed in a Quality Inn before, but I felt confident that with the $359 per night that we were paying, this would be a decent hotel. The hotel was in an awesome location and we had an ocean front room, but that's where the greatness ended. The rooms appeared to be old and not in the cleanest conditions. The bathroom definitely needed an update- there was an old and icky rubber suction-cup mat in the tub and grime all around the edges of the entire bathroom. The carpet throughout the room was extremely worn and the beds had a tan blanket thrown on top of the comforter (I took it off the bed immediately). The kitchenette also needed to be updated and cleaned, but it was equipped with a stove, microwave, toaster, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, and plates/glasses/utensils. The hotel has two large pools and a small infant pool that were easily accessible. The pools were in decent condition for the majority of our stay, but on the first day that we were at the pool, there was a strange accumulation of tan colored foam in one corner of the pool. We alerted the front desk and they sent out an employee to skim it out. He had to make about 3 trips throughout the afternoon to keep the foam out, but the next two days of our stay, the foam wasn't in the pool. (We have an inground pool and I have never seen anything like this foam in our pool). Overall I am rating this hotel 2 out of 5, but ONLY because of the location-it should be lower by my standards. Next time we visit Ocean City, we will NOT be staying at the Quality Inn Boardwalk.

2  Thank momee111
Reviewed July 19, 2011

Quality Inn Boardwalk in Ocean City was a great pick for our mini-vacation. It has a great location - right on the boardwalk. There are 2 outdoor pools and 1 indoor pool, not to mention a poolside bar right next to the boardwalk. The room was great (oceanfront) with a well-equipped kitchenette. The beds were comfortable and the service was great. I will definitely choose this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank RavensFan1234
Reviewed July 14, 2011

I came to Ocean City with family and friends and couldn't have been more pleased with the Quality Inn Boardwalk . The customer service was great at check in and very efficient , My room was ready on time and very clean. The maid service was great too!! I can never sleep very well at a hotel but slept great there the beds and pillows were great! The view is awesome no matter what room you stay in . the balcony over looking the ocean is where I spent my mornings having coffee . It had all of the comforts of home and the amenities of a five star hotel. I am going to suggest this to all of my friends !

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank kimserine
Reviewed July 13, 2011

The hotel staff was very friendly and responsive. The oceanfront room was comfortable and provided a great ocean view. Our favorite spot was poolside, close to Surfin Betty's Grill. The drinks were good and competitively priced. The food, for a poolside grill, was just outstanding. As the title implies, we'll keep coming back. The only real drawback .... be prepared to wait for the elevators. There are only two and it sometimes takes a while to get one without a crowd. But its vacation time, who's in a hurry anyway?

Room Tip: Definately go for the oceanfront rooms. The older section fronting 17th st. isn't bad, but the o...
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family