3,026 results
All reviewsindoor poolocean frontpool levelconvenience storebedroom condoarcade gamesparking garageoff seasonfull kitchenhot tubbeach accesstrip to ocean cityfamily vacationschooneratriumtubsbalcony
Reviewed November 22, 2010

This Princess Royal came recommended by a business associate. This was my Anniversary weekend trip. We drove all friday evening and arrived around 1 am. Upon arrivial the entry way was very nice and somewhat elegant. Check in was hassle free and quick. We made our way to the room #470..entered our room , found it to be on the older side but appeared comfortable. with all the news reports of bed bugs we decided to check our room well. My wife pulled the sheet and comforter back and immidiatly found this bug crawling across the sheet. we nnotified the front desk and the promptly sent some one with a new key card to another room. so on to #570. we talked along the way could it be that all the hotel rooms could be infested? we get to room #570, walk in and began our inspection. we didn't see any bugs but we did find dirty pillow cases. We are simple people, we just wanted a relaxing stress free 3 days. By the look on my wife face that wasn't going to be possible here. We made our way back to the front desk where i informed the night clerk that i was sorry but i couldn't stay in his hotel. he asked what was wrong with that room? i explained the sheets were dirty, he said he'd have them change right away. i told him no that wasn't going to work. that between the bugs and the dirt there was no way we could rest in his hotel. He say's fine but i'm not giving you a refund. I questioned his position and asked him if he would sleep in either bed? he refused to answer, but responded again that he wasn't refunding my money for that night. I again asked him is that the right way to handle this? How about I start knocking on doors and telling everyone about his bed bug problem. He responded go ahead l'll call security. i demanded all info he could give me on ownership and management and told him this would not end well for his hotel. He gave me the numbers I had requested. as we are making our way to our car we we're forced to search through a 3rd floor parking deck with no working lighting. 2am and we're still looking for a room. we stopped at the Clarion. The clerk was very helpful but couldn't provide us with a room. she did however point us in the direction of the Hilton. We arrived and found a very clean upscale hotel that in the end was only $20.00 more a night. We had the most enjoyable stay. The service was amongst the best we had ever recieved at any hotel or resort. I still have not recieved a refund from Princess Royal, but I will not stop telling about our experience. We understand things happen, but the night clerk at the princess royal forgot he works in the hospotality industry....He was far from hospitable.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
33  Thank darin1965
PrincessRoyaleHotel, Public Relations Manager at Princess Royale Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2010

We are in receipt of this posting which has been extensively investigated. First, we would like to extend our apologies for any inconvenience. However, our hotel annually invests over $10,000.00 with a national pest control company as a preventative for items of this nature. Accordingly, we have been very fortunate not to have this issue which has become the focus of news world wide in the travel as well as other industries. Upon receipt of your report, the room was placed out of service, as it our standard operating procedure, and the professional pest control experts immediately responded to inspect the suite which, and with all due respect, had no signs of bed bugs; current or previous, nor any other insect.

As I am sure you can understand, when a lodging establishment does have an issue such as this it is due to the insects being brought into the hotel via guests and their possessions. However, when handled promptly and by professionals, the issue is immediately eliminated. It is especially important to note that all types of lodging establishments up to and including 5 star can have these type of issues which is one of the very reason we make such an investments annually as a preventative.

Again, I certainly regret any inconvenience you felt you encountered but with all due respect insist that your posting in completely inaccurate.

Diane Anderson
Princess Royale

Reviewed November 18, 2010

Your hotel is one of the best ones we've stayed out in years and have been coming here for about the time it's been open many years ago and will never stop coming here. The people who work here are just fantastic and very accomodating as well. I always work with Diane Anderson who is always number one on my list and wouldn't want anyone else to ever help me with reservations, acccomodations, and or just anything for that matter. She is very sweet and always helps us out when she can and that means alot coming from an employer. Thanks again Diane,
Susan Hovanec ; Morrisville, PA 19067

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank susanMorrisville_pa
Reviewed November 15, 2010

I love this place. The employees are warm and friendly. The rooms are very nice and clean. I just love it.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dollcrafter
Reviewed November 7, 2010

The room was good and it was nice to have the Temperpedic mattress. Loved having by coffee and evening cocktail with the coconut trees by the beach. A little far from the boardwalk but maybe thats a good thing.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Thrilseeker125
Reviewed October 26, 2010

We loved the ocean view, our accomodations were comfortable and the bed was extremely comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple