We spent four nights at Princess Royale in early September. Our room was very nice and the bed was very very comfortable. So comfortable that, although I am normally up and at 'em by 5:30, I missed the sunrise three of the four mornings we were there (and I love watching sunrises).
Everything in the room was clean and neat and we were well-supplied with toilet paper and soaps and shampoos. (We decided to not use housekeeping services and I was able to get anything we needed from one of the housekeepers in the hallway.)
The room includes a kitchen area with a stove, dishwasher, microwave and refrigerator. We didn't need these items, but for a family that wants to save on food while vacationing, this is a great asset.
The beach in front of the Princess Royale is very nice. Umbrellas could be rented with the plus that they also planted the umbrellas for you. (We joked about slipping the guy a few bucks to put ours in the sand for us because we couldn't get ours in as deep as the young fellow did.)
Our room was oceanview this time instead of oceanfront. To be honest, if money isn't a factor, I'd choose oceanfront. We didn't hear nearly as much street noise when we were oceanfront as we did this time in the oceanview room. The oceanfront room just seemed more private than the oceanview room. But if you are on a budget, the oceanview room does give a good view of the ocean, not just a little peek like you get at some hotels.
There are a lot of amenities here that we did not take advantage of -- gift shop, sundries shop, pool, hot tubs, work out room, jewelry shop, and salon come to mind. We did eat several times at Schooners, the in-house restaurant and there is review of that in the dining section of tripadvisor. Schooners is a very nice place for a meal or a snack or a drink and seating is available outside if you want.
The only category that I did not give a full 5 rating to was service and this was because of the attitude of some of the folk at the front desk. I've written to a manager and she assures me that she will address this issue. Other staff that we encountered were great.
We will not hesitate to return to Princess Royale in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you want it all in Ocean City the Princess Royale is where you will want to stay! If you are a first time visitor or a loyal repeat guest you will love our 2014 upgrades! All 310 suites feature brand new carpeting, furniture, wifi and all new heating & AC! And, our multi-million dollar renovations of all meeting and banquet space is breathtaking; even more perfect for your wedding, meeting, convention or reunion. Not only do we have the perfect accommodations for you but we also have the perfect rates for any budget; AAA, AARP, Military, Super Summer Savers including daily breakfast for up to 4 people, Rodney specials including half off or even FREE nights in the Summer and even our famous Welcome Coupon; which provides FREE Thursday or Sunday nights in the off-season when staying Fri and Sat at standard rates. We have 30 2 & 3 bedroom condos as well as 310 two-room suites including a bedroom with choice of 1 king or 2 queen beds featuring the incredible Tempur-pedic mattresses as well as living room with comfortable sleep sofa. All suites have a fully equipped kitchen including fridge w/ice maker, microwave and cook top. We have everything for the perfect getaway for couples, families and groups from 7 to 700! Be sure to check out Schooner's Oceanfront Restaurant, indoor pool w/tropical Atrium, saunas and hot tubs, convenience/gift shops, complimentary wi-fi access in all suites, fitness room, complimentary covered self parking and valet parking in July & August. Also in July & August we host a nightly All-You-Care-to-Eat Seafood Buffet in addition to Ocean City's ONLY live comedy show--back for summer of 2014 by popular demand Monday-Saturday at 9pm nightly! Also back for July & August 2014 are FREE movies on our Beach every Thursday night Be sure to visit our new Creative Day Spa to complete your trip to Ocean City with a manicure, pedicure, facial, massage, couples massage, body butter ecstasy wrap and more! We are the prefect place to do it all-- or do nothing-- your choice! The Princess Royale is a SMOKE FREE environment for your comfort and pleasure. At the Princess Royale the only thing we overlook...Is the Ocean! Our staff is committed to exceeding your expectations and we look forward to serving your hospitality needs on your next visit to Ocean City! See you soon at the beach! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Princess Royale Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Princess Royale Hotel Ocean City
- Princess Royale Ocean City Maryland