“Great location”

Princess Royale Resort
Ranked #4 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Booking directly through the hotel website gave me an amazing rate. The hotel is directly on the beach and although it was off season, still had umbrella rentals and beverage cabana at the beach entrance. Our room overlooked the arcade machines in the pool atrium area which wasn't a problem. The room was spacious, but tired looking: outdated wall paper, bedding, and bathroom. Memory foam mattress pad on top of a saggy mattress and the pillows were flat as a pancake. Although smoke free since 2007, our room had a stale smoke smell when we first arrived. I thought the additional charge for the room safe was a bit odd. Hotel staff was very friendly and attentive.

Room Tip: If you want an ocean view and are booking a pool/ocean view room, make sure the room is closer to th...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank svm621
Write a ReviewReviews (2,887)

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Stayed at this resort for one night, My first impression was that I had found an oceanfront jewel...the hotel is cosmetically beautiful.. The atrium swimming area and sundeck overlooking the ocean are the highlights of this hotel. However, I booked my room thru priceline.com, and even though my discount was only a mere $20. off of a $200. dollar room, the attitude from the front desk made me feel like bargain basement. I was reminded that I had a 'value' room, and even though the hotel website adver tises that "All" rooms have either a pool or ocean view, my 'value room' had NO view. I was stuck behind a series of arcade machines! (No arcade room...the machines are in back of the pool area). Also, the hotel charges an additional $1.50 per room for use of the safes...of course mine didn't work. I had to call maintenance to reopen my safe to get my valuables in the first three hours after checking in. When I asked the maintenance guy if it was ok to use again, he rudely replied that if it didn't work, just call back and wait for them to come up again! The rooms were very nice with living room area and full kitchen, however I found the beds uncomfortable, my bedside lamp did not work, and the extra blanket in my closet was ripped full of holes and burnmarks!! This is a very nice-looking hotel. It's a shame that their lack of attention to details made my first stay uncomfortable!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Vixenette
PrincessRoyaleHotel, General Manager at Princess Royale Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Thank you for your taking the time to post your review about your recent stay, as well as bringing the room description error to our attention. We just recently listed our Value suites on the 3rd party site that you made your reservation through and the room description that was listed was indeed incorrect. Please be advised that this mistake has been corrected.

Our bedding is the world renowned Swedish Tempur-pedic mattresses, which is one the most preferred amenities that we offer and are enjoyed by our guests.

I would like to apologize for the bedside lamp not being in working order and for the extra blanket not being up to our standards. While there is no excuse as to why our guests should check into a room that is not up to par, please note that we always have staff on duty that can address any needs or concerns that you may have.

Again, thank you for posting your review and I am glad that you enjoyed other aspects of your getaway. I hope that you will allow us to once again service your hospitality needs.

Michael Foelber

Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

The hotel was clean and had all the amenities that our family needed. Rooms were clean and large. Kitchen facility was good for quick meals. On our first day the above range microwave was not working. Maintenance came to the room and replaced it within an hour. The pool and exercise room were clean and great for use. Our son even received a haircut at the hotel during our stay. The only complaints i have is the hotel restaurant is just ok, and the decor is still from the eighties. It is my understanding that the hotel is beginning to update the decor, but I stayed for the amenities, cleanliness, and value, so I did not mind some of the old fashioned design.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank dsdtom
Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

This is a huge resort and the layout requires lots of walking to get to any point in the hotel, ie front desk, restaurant, parking. Don't stay here if you have trouble walking long distances. This is a old resort, once one of OC's best, now in need of major repairs. The maintenance staff was in our room at least once a day most days more than once. The "kitchen" was poorly equipped and when I asked about getting supplies the front desk staff looked at me like I was crazy. It is a great location with great views but like many beach resorts they rely on that to carry them.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Myself, my husband, and our 2 and 5 yearr old stayed in a suite along with another family with children of similar ages for two nights this past August. The rooms were clean, spacious, and had all the modern amenities you'd like, such as granite-like counter tops in the kitchen, flat screen tv's, and super cozy tempur-pedic beds. The room was oceanfront, and had a balcony with chairs so we could enjoy the view. Service was great, especially when we called for a quick light bulb change. . The man came up five minutes later, problem solved, what a relief that was. The indoor pool was clean, manned by a staff member, and a nice size. The location was great and parking was not a problem for us at all. One negative though ws that we had to take TWO elevators to access our room and they were quite slow and a long walk/trip from the main lobby. The layout was an inconvenience with small children, and it made me wonder if there was a fire, how we would get out easily. . Despite the poor layout of the upper suites, I'd still highly recommend this resort to anyone..I am a big complainer but have nothing bad to say on this one.

Room Tip: Choose a room that isn't two elevator trips long or you'll be sorry, esp. with children/babi...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Poetess74
Reviewed September 20, 2012

This is the second time we have stayed here. We came in June for fire convention week because my husband is a career and volunteer firefighter. We came this time as an anniversary getaway gift from my mother. Both times were amazing and I am definitely coming back every year now to this hotel. We loved the oceanfront view, hot tubs, pool, room, walk right out to the beach and even Schooners....I LOVED IT ALL!! Thanks so much for the amazing trip! See you next year!!

Room Tip: Oceanfront and ocean view were the best rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tom A
Reviewed September 20, 2012

This hotel was beautiful. I'm used to staying in motels and similar when staying at the beach, simply because that is what is around. This year I decided to stay up at 91st and I'm glad I did! This hotel was great! The atrium pool area was great, and I even saw two staff members grooming the plants in the area, and was very impressed! Lobby area was very welcoming and comfortable, there was always a presence at the bell desk right inside the door so we always felt safe. The floor hallways and elevator lobbies looked beautiful, just not the luxury level you would expect at the beach, but boy was I glad to have it! All through my stay I felt like I was staying at a luxury, big name hotel. We had a oceanfront, Jacuzzi room and the view looking out to the beach/ocean was just wonderful! The temperpedic bed was so comfortable! We stayed during Bike Week in OCMD and originally we figured we would be up all night hearing motorcycles going up and down the coastal highway, but we couldn't hear a thing from our room! We had a great trip and wouldn't hesitate to book here again!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple