“Best Place to Stay in Ocean City”
Review of Park Place Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Park Place Hotel
Ranked #24 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed August 4, 2010

2nd stay here two years in a row and never disappointed. Great rooms, service, bar, pool and location.
Last stay was given a Bay View but stunk horribly like smoke. talked to the Manager who came up to verify and we were upgraded to a Ocean View room for the same price.
Only down side is Connors restaurant whose breakfast buffet is pretty lousy.
All in all the Best!!

2  Thank Jon S

Reviewed July 26, 2010

I chose this hotel based on the great reviews and I'm so glad I did!! First of all, it is clean. I skeve hotel rooms in general but when we walked in our room, although the decor was dated, I was so relieved. It smelled clean and all of the surfaces were clean. Every time we walked through the hotel we saw staff cleaning. The mini-fridge in the room is a good size to store drinks and some food. The location was great.... located right on the boardwalk and beach. The hotel is where all the boarwalk action begins. We had friends staying at the more expensive Hilton and they had such a problem trying to park down by where we were. My family had a great stay here and we plan to return again next year.

2  Thank locomamaNJ
Reviewed July 26, 2010

This was my family's first time in ocean city and it couldnt have been better. The hotel was amazing and right on the boardwalk. The price was average for any decent hotel in the area, and the staff was very helpful. We will definatley go back again.

2  Thank gaurd1210
Reviewed July 25, 2010

Our family of four stayed at Park Place for seven nights. The staff were friendly and helpful. They do a great job cleaning your room. Very fast.

The room:
It's a good place to stay if you don't plan to stay in your room for too long (while you are not sleeping). There's not much in the room. There is a coffee maker, microwave, small refrigerator, dish rack, and a few plates, bowls, cups and some silverware. They provide dish soap. I brought my own electric burner to cook on. There's PLENTY to eat on the Boardwalk though. No shortage of good food.

The bathtub is great. It has jets that my kids LOVED!!! They spent lots of time in the bath.

The rooms are supposedly "smoke-free," but ours smelled like old smoke. You are not supposed to smoke on the balcony either, but our neighbors did. Not all the rooms smell that way though. It's not the hotel's fault, just the ignorant guest.

There is a pull-out couch that is great for the kids (or short adults).

Stay on the bayside for a quieter stay.

The pool:
The pool is shaded for most of the morning. I have fair skin, so I liked that. Not a very big pool though.

Other amenities:
They have one washer and one dryer. They cost a $1 each. Not many people used it either.

There's a game room, but I never went to it.

There is free internet, but it can be VERY slow during busy hours. Our computer kept dropping the connection.

What I liked best:
The proximity of the hotel to the beach and boardwalk.

What I liked least:
The smoky smell of the room.

2  Thank acina
Reviewed July 23, 2010

This hotel is very clean and the location is unbeatable. Despite having a room overlooking the boardwalk, we heard no noise with the sliding door closed. Most of the clientele were married couples or families.

2  Thank Autumnsky
Reviewed July 12, 2010

We recently stayed at Park Place in an Oceanfront room. The room was a nice size with a loveseat, microwave, coffeemaker, mini-fridge and extra sink. The view from the balcony was outstanding with the hotel's terrace restaurant and bar below, and the boardwalk and beach just below that.
I am pretty picky about room cleanliness and this room was spotless, even in the corners of the bathroom. The price was right - not one of the cheap (and often sketchy-looking) motels, but not at the level of some of the other big highrises along the boardwalk.
The only slight negative was the force of the shower from the handheld shower head. It was sufficient, but only just. Still, that was a minor issue compared with how satisfied we were overall. We would definitely stay here again, and gladly recommend it to anyone looking for a great place to stay in O.C.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Renech
Reviewed July 12, 2010

This was our first visit to Ocean City. I picked this hotel based on trip advisor reviews, and I was happy I did. Our room was very clean, and housekeeping did a great job every day. Fantastic view from our oceanfront balcony and great location if you like being where all the action is. There was a deck on the 2nd floor (overlooking the beach and the boardwalk) where you could get lunch or dinner or just enjoy a drink. We wanted to go for happy hour (3-6pm) but unfortunately our stay was short and we just ran out of time. We did eat in the indoor restaurant right off the boardwalk -- we had the breakfast buffet. Probably wouldn't do the buffet again but wouldn't have any problem ordering off the regular menu. The waiters/waitresses were very nice as was the front desk staff. Overall, loved our stay at Park Place. Our only regret is that we didn't stay longer.

2  Thank DCRB