“So far my favorite place to stay in OC...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Park Place Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Park Place Hotel
Ranked #13 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
maryland
“So far my favorite place to stay in OC...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

I truly hope the management knows how great of a staff they have at this hotel. The people that work at their front desk, and all the staff I came in contact with were beyond great. This hotel is a calm environment, I never see a lot of teens running the halls or have a lot of noise. I love it here. It's in a great location, the parking is easy and close. It makes a trip to the beach easy. keep up the great work at your hotel. Lots of people are noticing. The beds are comfortable, the rooms always clean. I will be back.

3 Thank topdogceo
OCParkPlaceHotel, General Manager at Park Place Hotel, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you for your kind review and to alleviate any fears, yes we know how great our employees are! We all work very hard to keep our employees happy and properly trained so they can help us provide the level of service our customers have come to expect. Beside our physical location our core group of employees is our greatest asset and we are always very gratified when our guests notice. We are also very fortunate that our summer clientele is mostly families with great kids so all you parents keep up the good work. Thanks again for taking the time to write about your stay I hope to see you again very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

My husband and I love staying at Park Place. We can park there all day, the beds and pillows are comfortable, the location is AMAZING (on the boardwalk - near amusment park and all the action), the rooms are quiet despite the location, the hotel restaurant (Conner's) is great, and everyone that works there is so nice. I highly recommend this place. The only reason I gave it "Very Good" instead of "Excellent" is because I don't want anyone to think this is like the Ritz or some high end hotel. This is still a boardwalk Ocean City hotel, instead of a luxury resort. However, we can't imagine staying anywhere else. LOVE LOVE LOVE this place! I will be writing more about this place and our time in Ocean City on my travel blog, CourtneyMara.com.

Room Tip: Ocean front. Sixth Floor!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Storm4me
OCParkPlaceHotel, General Manager at Park Place Hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you so much for such a wonderful review. We truly appreciate our returning guests and especially the time you take out of your busy day to write and post how you feel about Park Place. Everyone here at Park Place and Conner's Restaurant takes great pride in our property and we constantly strive to make our guests stay as pleasant and pleasurable as possible. Thank you, again for spreading the word and we hope we will see you again this summer.
Beavertown, Pa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

This is our first stay at the Park Place Hotel. Our family stayed three nights for the Beach 5 Sand Soccer Series. The first thing we would like to say is how convenient stuff was. Our vehicle sat in the parking lot all through our stay. Everything we needed or wanted to do was in walking distance. Second, we would like to comment on how clean the rooms were. You could tell they take pride in the cleanliness and appearance of their hotel. Last, the ocean-front view. Being able to watch the ocean, boardwalk and soccer games all at once was awesome for us. No complaints.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank MSNPM13
OCParkPlaceHotel, General Manager at Park Place Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. First of all let me say that we are always pleased to have the Sand Soccer families stay with us. You are a great group and we always like to see families together and having fun at Park Place and in Ocean City. Our central location is indeed a great asset and it certainly helps one enjoy their vacation more when they don't have to fight traffic. We also take great pride in the quality of the services we provide and of course the cleanliness of our rooms is paramount. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review and for staying with us and we very much hope to serve you again very soon.
Washington DC metro area
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

For my first trip to Ocean City, I picked this hotel based on the reviews I read here at tripadvisor.com. I was not disappointed. The location is great; it's right on the boardwalk, among the shops and well-known snack bars, and blocks away from the pier and amusement parks. An umbrella rental vendor is on the beach right in front of the hotel. I reserved a bay view room. I would have preferred an oceanfront room, but that required a 3-night stay, and I was staying only for the weekend. The room was extremely clean and up-to-date, as were all the common areas. The second floor has a pool (on the bay side) that is kind of small, but lots of people seemed to enjoy it. Also on the second floor is an oceanfront bar and patio. You can order a drink and chat at the bar, or you can grab a chair or lounger and enjoy watching the people on the boardwalk a few feet below. All of the employees I encountered were very polite and friendly. I don't have any complaints.

1 Thank Melissa22314
OCParkPlaceHotel, General Manager at Park Place Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you, first of all, for coming to Ocean City, Md. for your first weekend. We all know how precious our free time is and we are very happy you chose our town. Secondly, thank you for staying with us at Park Place and for writing such a wonderful review. We strive to please our guests and make their stay as memorable as possible and I cannot tell you how gratifying it is when it is recognized. Our location is one of our greatest assets and hopefully for your next stay you will be able to enjoy our Ocean Front view from your room. We look forward to your next visit to our town and your next stay with us.
Martinsburg, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

My husband & I stayed here again from Friday April 26 to Monday April 29, 2013 for the Kite Expo. I always love staying at this hotel, it's always very clean, the location is perfect on the boardwalk for walking to the inlet area. They have made upgrades since our last stay & our ocean-front room looked great. I love that the new bedspreads have the white duvet that is cleaned for each guest. The view is awesome & the screen door on the balcony makes it so easy to leave the door open & hear the waves at night. I hope to be back for a stay again soon. We stayed on the 3rd floor in an ocean front room with 1 queen bed, that was by request, all the rooms with king beds were sold out. Another nice thing that was new were 2 gourmet cupcakes in the room for us on arrival from Baked Dessert Cafe, Berlin, MD compliments of Park Place, they were delicious & very appreciated.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank VacaysRock
OCParkPlaceHotel, General Manager at Park Place Hotel, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for your much appreciated review. The Kite Expo is one of our favorite beach events and we are glad that you love it as much as we do. The upgrades to the oceanfront rooms have kept us busy this off-season and it is gratifying to know you like them. Baked Desserts is our favorite place for treats and the cupcakes are a small way to show our repeat customers and steadfast Facebook friends we appreciate them. Hope to see you again soon.
Youngstown, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

We stayed at park place for the third time and brought friends with us. I was extremely thrilled that at check in we were able to request rooms across the hall from each other. They were extremely accommodating. Our friends room was remodeled and it was very nice! The rooms were exceptionally clean as usual. The location is awesome and the hotel bar was convenient with happy hour specials. Very happy again!

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank mochalatte30
Thank you for a gratifying review. We are so glad that we could accommodate your room needs and that you noticed and enjoyed our redecorating. We always try to make everyone's stay as pleasant as possible and it is a great compliment when they notice and take the time to let us know. We are also happy that you love Conner's Deck Bar, with its new look and the great view we feel it is one of the best bars on the boardwalk.
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

All of our usual "go-to" hotels were sold out, so we tried Park place based on TA reviews.
The location is wonderful! All the great boardwalk stops are nearby - Thrasher's, arcades, ice cream, dough roller pizza, all within a few blocks. It was unseasonably cold and windy on the memorial day weekend we went, so we were not able to use the pool, but the water felt clean and warm. Parking was a breeze, and we only needed it twice, as we walked most everywhere.

The beds are small, but very comfy and the motif of the room is nice. The sofa bed didn't feel too comfy when I pulled it out for my 8 year old son, but he slept on it just fine. The fridge and microwave are a nice plus. The balcony is small, but is a great location for people watching. The front desk staff and maids were always cleaning, and very nice and friendly.

The conners restaurant inside is good too. Got a fruit cup that was so fresh, and the smoothies were good as well. If you are going to get pizza, just go to dough roller though :)

It is great to walk right out to the beach and boardwalk with ease. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you want to walk right out to the deck, choose the 2nd floor. We had 5th floor and found it nice...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank joeybagz312
Thanks for the great review and thanks for giving Park Place a try. Our location is absolutely one of our greatest attributes but we also pride ourselves on our hospitality. We have been going through an ocean front renovation program and the final step will be the sleeper sofas so hopefully the next time you stay with us they will be brand new. Hope to see you soon.