“Stayed here again this year. I think that makes about our 5th stay”
Review of Park Place Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Park Place Hotel
Ranked #26 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Stayed four nights for a quick mini vacation. Customer service was good and we were allowed to check in right around 12:30pm which was convenient because it was raining.

Minor gripe, hotel doesn't take AAA discounts in August so our price was a little higher than we like but in line with the rest of Ocean City, MD.

No issues at all with the hotel other than a minor annoyance. On Saturday our room was not cleaned until almost 3 pm despite the fact that we had been out of it since 9am. We stopped up to grab a change of clothes or a drink and were surprised it took so long. My guess is they were turning over rooms for Saturday to Saturday rentals.

We will continue to stay here as it is clean and in a great location!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ASHMD

Reviewed August 4, 2012

We have been staying a this hotel for a few years now. We just stayed there this past week and enjoyed our stay. The first night we did have a problem with the toilet being clogged but they immediately came up and fixed it. The refrigerator was a little old and off balanced but it did work. The only reason I am saying anything is because the price of the rooms and you might expect things to be perfection. The staff is very friendly! The hotel has a cafe and deck on the boardwalk side and we ate there a lot and the food was yummy! The one thing I did notice is the employees are always cleaning things and power washing the decks. They always keep up with the elevators and wiping them down. I would totally recommend this hotel and we will definitely continue to go back there. Just wish the price wasn't so much. One other thing is the only place to wash your sandy chairs and yourself off is at the pool area. There is nothing outside of any of the hotels in this area to clean off before you go up to your rooms. Just wish the boardwalk would have something set up when you walk off the beach like some of the areas on the boardwalk.

Room Tip: Ocean front is the best just a little pricey!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank BANKERCHIC061904
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We had an oceanfront room and the view was great! The room was a bit dated looking, but appeared clean. But on closer inspection there was dust on every surface, the walls under the bathroom sink were splattered all over with something and there was some medication laying on the bathroom floor that must have been dropped by a prior guest. Also the mattress in the fold out sofa bed was literally falling to pieces. And the sheets on the beds were not terribly clean. That being said, I did not call to complain because, though it was not perfect, I could live with it. The only reason it bothered me at all was because of the price of the room, when I am paying a lot for a room, the least I expect is for it to be clean. But I would stay there again, the location alone is worth it!! But I will complain about the cleanliness if it is an issue again.

Room Tip: Oceanfront if you can get it, a bit noisy at night, but the view it so worth it!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jenniferdesigns
OCParkPlaceHotel, Manager at Park Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am very sorry that your room was not clean, we would never expect anyone to accept anything less than a clean room, especially with our summer rates. We pride ourselves in having a very clean hotel. I wish it had been brought to our attention while you were here, so we could fix it, but we will definitely be following up with our staff now. I truly apologize for the sofa bed mattress, it was torn the complete length of the seam, very difficult to understand how this could be missed. We have replaced the mattress and are inspecting the rest of the sofas. I am glad to hear that you would stay with us again and will personally make sure your stay is wonderful.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

This was our first stay at Park Place for 3 nights leading into 4th of July week. Our room was clean and comfortable. It was "bayside" (actually street side) overlooking the pool. It was quiet - not sure that the boardwalk side would be as quiet, especially 2nd floor rooms, given the cafe and deck on the boardwalk side. The location is very convenient. It's right on the boardwalk with easy access to the beach between 2 nd & 3rd streets. [Note to GPS users: the Trip Advisor address is a loading dock. The driving directions lead you to a funky art gallery on 2nd Street. Use 208 N Baltimore Ave instead.] The hotel staff is very courteous and efficient. We understand that it is family owned and operated. Certainly, the level of customer care and service provided reflects a complete commitment to customer satisfaction All in all, we were very pleased and will stay here again when we return to Ocean City.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank rndtax
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Booked this room as a late graduation present, and had to go through several tasks to have our group stay as some were under 18. We are a quiet group, so they had no problem taking us. I'm so glad they let us book the room. I've been to many hotels, and this hotel was the best I've been to in OCMD. The room was clean, parking was a breeze, staff were super friendly, and the maids were very accommodating. They made sure that this hotel is kept nice, and that the guests adhere to their policies. The pool was somewhat small, but very clean, as was the area around the pool. Only thing I would have to complain about, is the fact that there is No air conditioning in the elevators. But that is the least of problems, I have already booked my next stay for later this summer :)

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank lmhs94
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 4 nights and were very satisfied with the room and the hotel staff. The hotel is also in a very convenient location. The first day we were there, we noticed that the refrigerator was not cooling properly. We contacted the front desk and had a new refrigerator in our room almost immediately. We will definitely be going back next summer!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank oceangal914
Reviewed July 11, 2012

We stayed here 2 nights and we love it! Beach and boardwalk is right outside rooms were clean they even had plates and cups in the cupboards which was nice Bcuz we forgot to bring some. The employees were sooooo nice we asked for a couple things and they brought them to us within 5 minutes and were very nice about it. I will stay here over and over again it was a great stay

• Stayed: July 2012