“Clean, comfortable and priced right.” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Comfort Inn Gold Coast
Ranked #27 of 102 Hotels in Ocean City
Houston, Texas
“Clean, comfortable and priced right.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights over the Labor Day weekend and can't say enough about the professionalism of the staff; the comfort of the beds; and the clean and friendly surroundings (even the housekeepers were quick to smile and say hello). The only thing that wasn't the greatest was the loudness of the a/c unit but it ran and it was cold so no real issues there. We actually could see the fireworks from the Bay at Seacrets to signal the official end of summer so that was a nice surprise from our room's window.

The shower was also great with no issues of low water pressure or lack or temperature.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TheKidd26

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Wilmington, Delaware
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

This was our first time staying at the Comfort Inn and we had a decent stay at this particular hotel. The positives; The hotel is at a great location with Denny's attached (really slow service!), movie theater, mini-mall, a grocery store 2 blocks away and Rite Aid. I was further away from the elevators, but my stay was pretty quiet. I heard some doors slam, but nothing that interrupted my sleep. The inside pool was nice and had a fairly large sun deck with a great view of the sunset each night, the staff was extremely friendly when checking in and out, and I was always greeted every time I walked in the hotel. The negatives; Bring your own pillows. The pillows provided were so small, I am glad we bought our own. I found "hairs" in the clean towels, which were quickly thrown to the floor and I happily used the beach towels I bought with me, I found dirty socks from the previous guest underneath the bed curtains, so I assume the maid never bothered to check near the beds or even vacuum. Internet service was a disaster!!!!! The internet kept on kicking me out every 15-20 minutes and sometimes would tell me there are too many people online and to contact my server. I told the lady front desk and she was pretty much clueless and I was advised to contact a 1800 number and see what the problem is. Why I need to call and see what the problem was, I do not know. But when I did call, I was kept on hold for over five minutes, so I gave up. This may not be a problem to some people because internet in a room is not a big deal, but when a spouse is deployed and your only source of communication is emails and Skype, it is a huge deal. All in all it was an OK room. Would I stay again? Maybe if the price was under 99$, not worth the 160$ a night I paid.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JillyJar
Temple Hills, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

The room was clean and spacious I was not bothered by other sounds from vacationing families I was very pleased and relaxed would recommend this hotel. If you are looking for quiet short or lengthy stay this is the place to go by far a great stop stores and dining right outside of the hotel as well as a short drive from the beach. Overall a lovely place to stay

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ocrelaxed
Gettysburg, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

I was recently down in OC for a wedding at a nearby venue, so I selected this place as it was only a mile or two away. I am sometimes hesitant towards Choice properties, but I figured what the heck, it was only for one night.

I was SO pleased at the accomodations. It was clean, convenient and the service was supurb. When I checked in, I got to my room only to realize it was super hot. Lynn, the Front Office Manager (who I'm pretty sure can read minds), was Johnny-On-The-Spot with calling me to ask how things were in my room. I explained everything was great, minus the fact that it was sweltering in the room. Without hesitation, she said she's send maint. up to take care of the problem. He should up a few minutes later, did some work, and boom - cold air from the A/C. Wow, I was impressed. I travel more often than not for work, and I've encountered some atrocious customer service at different hotels - this was not one of them. I called down for a taxi to join friends later that evening, and again spoke to Lynn. She first off asked how the A/C was working and if everything was OK. Again - impressed that she had enough empathy to first make sure I was comfortable before taking care of my request. I asked for the cab at 9, she knew the best cab company to call, and he was out front at 8:50 when I went down.

I know that after extensive travel, that there are people in the customer service industry who just "get it". No amount of training can enable someone to just care that every single person in their hotel is comfortable; that's a trait you're born with. Lynn has such a trait.

I would recommend, and stay at this hotel, based on how I was treated. Nice work!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Altoona, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

We stayed with a team for a regional softball tournament. We did not choose this hotel ourselves as it was done by the team management. It was booked prior to me scouting this on TripAdvisor reviews, and had I been in charge of the booking the facility this would not have made the cut.

The property is on 112th St. with Denny's attached to it, so no breakfast provided. A strip mall and beer/liquor store shares the parking lot with the hotel and it gets very crowded and parking close to the hotel is difficult.

The smoking area is right at entrance way of the hotel, so when you step out of your car prepare to be greeted by people smoking and staring at you. At night, it's pretty shady. There are 2 set of glass doors to go through to get to the lobby and neither are automatic, so you have to open them manually. The lobby and the furniture appear very dated and show years of use.

The front desk staff seem nice enough and there were no problems there. The elevators are old, and all kinds of names, words, and vulgarities have been scratched into the elevator doors for you to read. The elevators are also not air conditioned and are quite warm by mid-afternoon.

The hotel structure is definitely an older one, and it appears that a very hasty renovation job was done within the past year or so. Hasty, cheap, and definite lack of attention to detail. It clearly shows.

The room .. well, just look at the attached pictures. All the sheets were stained or marked. Luckily, after reading some of the reviews prior to leaving home we took some sheets with us. The mattresses are old and worn. And are only 48 inches wide. Although the headboard that is attached to the wall is 52 or 54 inches wide. The pillows are square and are very small. Took our own pillows, too. The room is very narrow thanks to the Sauter partical board closet in the middle of room that was all marked up, and had a beat-up old ironing board in it, and there was a 4x4 foot table in the corner with 2 stained chairs. Small 32 inch TV. Bathroom was very small, with small sink with very slow drain. The fan barely worked but there was a 30 minute heat lamp to "dry" up the moisture - which didn't do the job. The faucet in the tub did not work properly, the tub had a slow drain as well, and the shower head was only 5 1/2 feet off the floor of the tub. If you are taller than that, you are going to have to limbo to wash your hair. The ceiling of the plastic tub/shower combo is about 6 1/2 feet high. So don't try to reach up either.

Swimming pool was adequate at best. Hot tub did not work, and if there is thunder and lightning around the management locks the pool up and will not unlock it until the storm is over.

This hotel gets a D grade. We won't be back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

We needed one extra night after our 1 week's condo expired, before our long drive back. We were able to book a 1night stay at a good rate through AAA. The front desk did mess up and couldn't match confirmation numbers and said "sorry we dont' have that room and we're sold out" PANICK! But they did find it and were totally accomodating and quick at check in. Room was VERY Clean, and surprisingly well appointed for OC standards. I would stay again. We didn't try food or any ammenities, but had a nice quiet sleep which fit the bill. OC is a great place!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Dawn S
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is nice and its close to the beach (right across the street from the ocean). The staff could have been a little friendlier but other than that it was great. I will stay here again when I'm in the area.

• Stayed July 2013