“last minute stay and not sure how to think of this one”

Comfort Inn Gold Coast
Ranked #41 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I needed a pool and a hot tub badly as I am in the pool/hot tub for therapeutic reasons 3-5 times a week and I was a week out of the pool and hurting.

Had to check in later then I usually like, 5pm. Front desk staff very pleasant even when I asked for a late check out. As a choice hotel member it is usually not any problem at all to do this. I was told we were given one of the nicer rooms (not sure what that meant but ok) we did enjoy the bay view.
Our room was located directly over the pool but that also did not seem to be a problem noise wise at all and the elevators up to the fifth floor were efficient and plentiful. The hotel seemed nearly booked up so I asked and the front desk said yes, that was true.

The room was nothing to write home about. I am very unused to double size beds and that is what they had available for a last minute booking. I did know that going in. The room was just that. Just a room. Heat and yes, Air both seemed to work well. We like to sleep with it cold and we were able to get that.
Coffee pot, fridge, and micro seemed clean and standard. There is free 24 hour coffee downstairs in the gift shop. It was fine. Again, nothing great but fine. We did order out that evening from a pizza place and that seemed fine, average price and quality.
I was aware there was no free continental breakfast and was a bit bummed by that but had been holding a Dennys gift card and we just used that. The Denny's is just that. We happened upon a very good waitress and we usually don't mind our eggs and pancakes from there. Turned out to be a plus amid the other things.

We happened to be booked amid a large contingent of boy scouts, many Eagle Scouts I guess as I saw them testing later in the evening in a conference room. Needing to get into the water so badly that evening, I did just that. In the middle of chicken fighting teenagers and hot tub hogs and all, I made it work. Thank goodness they all checked out the next morning! No idea if they had chaperones or not but none where evident to me! The enclosed pool and hot tub area was so cold!! colder then the hallways even and the water actually was cold as well but compared to the air, it was fine. The hot tub, once my husband played lookout for us and grabbed us a spot after waiting over an hour to get in, was nice and hot. Needed painting but it did seem fairly clean. It was snowing outside and several kids thought it would be funny to get in and out of the hot tub and go outside like that. I have 4 teenage sons of my own so I do realize kids will be kids but the outside door was right by the hot tub! That was cold. We had brought our own towels from home thankfully. The little white squares they give you were much to small to dry off with and they ran out quickly with the multitudes of people there that evening.

Fortunately we were able to return to the pool after breakfast before checkout and the crowds were at least manageable this time. The air was still quite cold though. I imagine this poll would be quite hot under the glass enclosed area in the summer. It did not seem to regulate the temperature much at all.

I personally would not return but it served it's purpose for the one night we needed to stay and the next morning. And the rate seemed okay. It has undergone a recent remodel and I think they did what they could with an older facility.

Room Tip: definitely ask to be on the bay side unless you don't mind looking at a parking lot. bring yo...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kileybeth

Reviewed January 28, 2013

We went Thanksgiving week. We booked a special rate. When we arrived I asked for an upgrade.
The front desk manager, Lynn Hofferbert gave us an upgrage to the 5th floor. We had a beautiful view of the bay. We had a problem with the TV and reported it to front desk. Within 5 minutes someone was at our door to fix the problem. The only complain we had was the hot tub was broken. We would diffidently return.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 2012DCB
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Did a sisters weekend at this hotel....very nice and clean. The staff is excellent! There is a Denny's restaurant connected to the hotel that is open 24/7.
Have a well kept pool and spa....great after a long day shopping!!!
Located not far from outlet stores.......nice place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank sue c
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I stayed on the fifth floor in a room with 2 doubles on NYE. The beds were comfy, and everything was very clean and well-maintained. I was completely surprised by the expansive water view we had from the window! I'd stay here again, especially considering the price. It was well worth it and nicer than some more expensive places I've stayed in the area.

Room Tip: Room 536 had a great view!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lexi1a
Reviewed December 12, 2012

The hotel is really good in terms of amenity and for the sleep quality. You will be very refreshed on staying in this hotel after a day long busy schedules.

It is quite cost effective and good for budget hotels.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank ChaitanyaStamford
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Early October visit to this motel went very, very well.
The hotel is very clean and our room had a marvelous view of setting sun over the Bay.
We even saw ducks playing in the water.
Within walking distance is a nice grocery store, theater, restaurant, shopping center filled
with fabulous things to look at -- souvenirs, sports store, boutique, art, beach wear. October
had lots of sales. Things to do even if it rains.
Hotel staff extremely nice and there is a nice indoor pool and gym and small convenience
store right in the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kiwi141
Reviewed November 10, 2012

This was a spot for our 2006 vacation. Excellent room quality, very clean, had Denny's next to it (great idea for breakfast if need be), near the ocean (a couple blocks), great place after the previous night... Would recommend it to anyone

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family