“Great location”

Jocelyn Manor Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Jocelyn Manor Hotel
Ranked #95 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
“Great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Great location. Place was clean and quite. Easy check-in. We had a small issue and they fixed it quickly.

Easy walk to the board walk and the beach which is wide at this part of town

Look forward to next year.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Marylandfamilytravel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Morgantown, West Virginia, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

First thing I would like to point out is they have multiple names. I was told when I was in the process of renting that the companirs name was Beach Getaways when I arrived to Ocean City the building business name was Parrot Bay.
Second, when I asked over the phone (spoke with Sue over the phone) if we could have our credit cards charged for the remaining of the bill she said yes. Upon arrival were told cash only because they can only charge credit cards a certain amount before a charge is assessed. Never heard of this with any other place I rented
Third, when discussing payment info upon arrival I was told I would receive my deposit back in 2 weeks after checking out. In an email I was sent from the company concerning the contract (received after deposit was charged) it clearly states (article #3) that the deposit will be returned at checkout after the apartment was inspected. When I finally did checkout, I was told the deposit would be mailed to me in 3-4 weeks.
There were minor issues with the rental but overall it was clean. Great location. Parking lot was a tight squeeze to park in. I have a Honda Pilot & backing up was hard.
I rented this apartment for only 3 days. I would not return to the place to rent primarily due to the f Management issues. Waiting to see if I get my deposit back.

• Stayed July 2013

Travelers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my husband and kids for a week in July-never again! While the location was good (close to the boardwalk and beach), the condo was filthy! Only one of the showers worked (which was in the middle of the living room area), but both showers were covered in mold. The floors were filthy and when making the beds we found hair and dirt and whatever else on the floor underneath the bed. Parts of the blinds in every room were missing so there was nowhere to get changed that was private except for the moldy bathroom. I was getting changed in the bedroom and caught a kid peering in through the window! The pool was average but all around the pool were cigarette butts and trash. We left a day early because we couldn't stay there another night. I told the realty company my complaints and they just said "we'll make note of it."
If you think you are getting a bargain staying here, you aren't. My friend paid $200 more for a beautiful condo right up the street. Do yourself a favor and do not stay here!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Karyn M
Northumberland, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

This place is a sad excuse for a vacation getaway! We stayed in unit #78. From the moment we walked in, we knew it was going to be the start of a horrible vacation, which only lasted 4 out of the 7 days we paid for. The pictures they show are NOTHING like what the actual place looks like. The rooms are dirty and smell like they haven't been cleaned in months, the couch had stains all over, the floor was dirty, and the pool area had slime around the picnic table. When I had requested to use the internet, it didn't even work! I called 3 different times to try and get this resolved, and nothing was ever done about it! Everything about this place is deceiving!! To get our security deposit back took almost a month from the date we were to check out. We will NEVER go back to this place. I will make sure that I tell everyone that I know who is going to be vacationing in Ocean City Maryland to avoid this place at ALL COSTS!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Jenna K
Reading, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

Ourselves and another family stayed in #77 an d#78. It was terrible, absoutely terrible! First, they tote the place as "family friendly", wrong! During our stay was nothing but loud obnoxious college men and women! Blairing music all hours of the night, "fence" jumping to the pool with tons of beer cans and wine bottles littered all around, swearing. Dont get me wrong, we all want to have a good time and certainly understand the college crowd having fun, but at 4:00 AM it is time to shut it down. The beds are dirty and most uncomortable. Be sure to bring your own towels/ while they indicated that they "provide" you with towels and linen, they offer one towel and one washcloth for the entire week! We found ourselves at the laundrymat on three occasions to wash THEIR linen so that we all had clean towels to shower with. One towel for 7 days, really? To date we have yet to get back out security deposit. We have gotten the run-around of this for the past three weeks. Unfortunately, it may have to go to letigation just to get our darn money back. The entire experience was horrible, disappointing, costly, unfriendly, and just hellacious. Could not wait to come home and leave hell.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Lisa A
Lebanon, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

We stated in unit 78 here. From the min we walked in, I new this was going to be a bad vacation. The pictures of the unit they show must have been when they first remodeled this unit. When we first walked in, there was this strong odd oder. Within the first 10min my son's hands, knees and feet were cover all in black which I am assuming they never even cleaned the unit. The beds were so gross. At least they gave you clean sheets to make the bed. The furniture was so gross that we put the extra sheets down on the couch to sit on. The chairs for the table were dirty and ripped. Now here is the gross part about this place, after we took the sheets off the bed on the last morning we were there, underneath the sheet the covered the mattress, was clums of hair. I was so ready to call the Department of Health but the I wanted to get out of there as soon as possible. We left so early in the morning that we got home in record time and it was still morning. I will never ever go back here and let alone do not even want to see this place the next time I go down there. Oh and it took over a month to get our deposit back and the contract said 3 weeks. Everytime we called they it went to a automated service saying they are behind. To me, they broke their contract so we should get more than our deposit back.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank ljb006
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

The place is real dirty and it smells. The bed is rock hard and nasty. All of the other rooms are full of teenagers running around building crazy. It was a waste of money and ruined my first trip to ocean city. Very Very nasty place.

• Stayed July 2011