“A Great Find”
Review of Sea Bay Hotel

Sea Bay Hotel
Ranked #34 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed October 11, 2010

The Sea Bay has two building. This review is about the front building. They also have a second building which is bay front. I can't comment on the back building because we didn't have a chance to go and see what it was like. You can, however, still see the bay from the front hotel too and the bay is just a short walk across the parking lot if you want to see it up close.

We just returned from a wonderful weekend stay at the Sea Bay. We stayed in the front building and everything was perfect. Yes it is a little dated, but extremely well kept.

The staff were extremely customer service oriented, friendly and helpful. The rooms were BIG and very clean...no dust (or worse) accumulating in the corners like in some other, more expensive, places we've stayed. Our room had two beds, a table with 2 chairs, a pull out couch, a dresser with mirror and TV, a full length mirror, a small fridge, coffee pot and microwave, plenty of room to spare, a comfortable bathroom with large vanity, and a wonderful balcony with 2 chairs. There's also a little cafe on the premises which serves great coffee and a wonderfully delicious breakfast. They're open till 2 and serve lunch too but we didn't try it. As an added bonus, it has inside corridors and two elevators which made carrying our luggage to the 5th floor a breeze.

The location is great too, right off the highway. The beach is a block away and there's tennis courts across the side street. There's also a red light and a bus stop directlly in front of the hotel. The red light made crossing the highway very safe and you can ride the bus all day long for $2. The bus came every 15 minutes. We took it to the Convention Center and to the end of the boardwalk and back and never had to worry about finding a place to park, which was a pleasant treat.

The bus was crowded this weekend because of Octoberfest and Car Crusin weekend but the bus rides were still much appreciated. I think the buses run much less frequently in the off season which starts very soon. There's also a free shuttle to the Outlets that picks up at the hotel's front door but it had already stopped runing for the season so I wasn't able to try that.

J.R's restaurant is across the street and one of the staff recommended we also try 'Dead Freddies' which is within walking distance and an easy walk across the street due to the red light. The restaurant was wonderful too and one we might not have found without the help of the friendly staff at the Sea Bay. The food at Dead Freddies was delicious and the price was right.

The only suggestion I could make would be that the Sea Bay offer complimentary coffee and tea in the lobby. That would be a great addition, especially for hours when the cafe is closed. They do have a coffee pot in the room but being able to grab a cup of coffee on the run would be nice.

The Sea Bay is clean, reasonably priced, safe and in a nice location. All in all, we had a great stay, would come back again and would not hesitate to recommend it to family and friends.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Skyland

Reviewed September 7, 2010

A few college friends and I were going down to OC for the long labor day weekend. Being on a budget, the Sea Bay seemed to offer what we were looking for. The staff was friendly, the room was clean and large. It was no Ritz Carleton, but it was perfect for sleeping and showering after the beach. We had a balcony overlooking the pool in the main building, but the view was still nice. The location was also good, only a quick drive or bus ride to the boardwalk or Seacrets. There were also many other young (20's) hotel guests having a good time, which gave it a good atmosphere. Overall I would recommend the Sea Bay to anybody looking for an affordable place to rest their head in OC.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank audiman7287
Reviewed September 6, 2010

After many months of waiting for our 1st trip to Ocean City I must say we were very pleased with our stay at the Sea Bay Hotel. The hotel is exactly 1 block from the beach and has very easy access. You can walk over or drive over and there is free public parking on the side street. The one side street we used had the rinse off station for when you left the beach to wash off a bit before heading back to the hotel or hopping in the car! The rooms are kept very clean by the housekeeping staff. I can agree on some of the other reviews that the carpets are worn and looked dirty, however I am reasonable and know that being in a beach area it has to be exceptionally hard to keep the carpets spotless. The beds were ok. Not the most comfortable we have slept on but they were fine. We had the pull out sofa in our room with a bay view. The bay view was a nice touch and the couch/sofa was comfy. Bathroom was clean, tub had the Bathfitter installed so it was in great shape. The lobby in the "B" building where we stayed had a seating area leading out to the pool area. The pool is a nice touch, perfect size to take a refreshing dip on a hot day. The "A" building lobby was very nice also. Business center with free internet and free printing of anything you wanted. We had a 3 night stay planned and were going to head south for a few more days but with the hurricane Earl coming up the coast elected not to travel into the storm. We inquired about adding an extra day on to our stay and they accomodated it for us at a very nice rate. We did eat at the Sea Bay Cafe for breakfast 1 day. It is a little pricey but the food was good. The free WIFI was nice however the signal was a bit testy at night time. Parking was spacious and the laundry facility was a great added feature as we did a couple loads to eliminate the abundance when we got home!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank 21Roberto
Reviewed September 6, 2010

We just recently stayed at the Sea Bay, our first trip to Ocean City. It definetley won't be our last. Never knowing what to expect when staying in a new place an hotel, we were pleasantly surprised. The room was pretty basic, but very clean. The free wifi was a nice added bonus. The balcony was a nice feature even though it faced the parking lot. It was very quiet, and a distance from all the noise of the boardwalk. The cafe was very nice, with good food and great, friendly service. The pool in the back of our building, Building B, is a little small,but has a beautiful view of the bay. It would have been nice if their was a hot tub, and an exercise room. They tell you about this gym very close by, but it is closed and the number is disconnected. Overall, the staff was very friendly, even in passing. However, upon checking out, one girl with dark hair and glasses was very rude and nasty. You could tell she was having a bad day. But we had a great stay at the sea bay, and you couldn't beat the price or the location. It is very close to the beach which is nice. There are a few overpriced buffets, but Dead Freddies was a favorite of ours. Mackey's has a great view and you can eat dinner steps away from the bay, the food was okay. The buffets, Hall's and a few other places just seemed overpriced. We ordered pizza from Johnnie's Pizza, and it was very good and reasonable. If you care to take a drive, you, can't beat the food or view from Hooper's. It is also a very safe clean city which was a nice and comforting surprise.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Irena479
jiminoc, Owner at Sea Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2010

Dear Guest
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to provide us with your comments. I do appreciate your honesty and I am glad that overall your stay was a good one. We take all of our guest's comments very seriously and this is a very important tool that we use to "grade" our Hotel Property and our conduct . We have worked hard to improve and maintain good customer service since we bought this property in 2007. When I hear comments like "rude and nasty" from our staff, it is a very serious problem and there is no excuse for it. I apologize for my employee's behavior and please know that action will be taken. Thank you again and hope to see you again in the future. Jim

Reviewed August 26, 2010

I usually don't write reviews of the hotels I stay in because most of the ones I stay in are nothing special, however I had a really positive experience with this hotel. First of all, I agree with the other reviewers that this hotel is in a terrific location (close to the beach and to good night-spots while being a good distance from the downtown craziness) and they offer rooms at a relatively affordable to rate when compared other hotels in the area.

Now, an example of the great service at this hotel. I had the unfortunate experience of being in a room next to a bunch of obnoxious and noisy neighbors (screaming. . . and yelling. . . and cursing into the wee hours) and it was getting to the point where I was losing sleep and my trip was on the verge of being ruined. I decided to try and get my room changed and the front desk employee was sooo understanding (despite the fact that they were on the verge of being fully booked) and switched my room no questions asked. In fact they actually upgraded my room to a bayfront view and delivered the key straight personally to my room within 15 minutes of my original call!! A bad situation made good by the staff at Sea Bay!!!

So, I definitely recommend this hotel if you are on a budget but still desire a clean comfortable room with good service by the staff. Too bad we can't always choose who is staying in the room next to us!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed August 26, 2010

Did research online as I was attending a trade show at the Ocean City convention center. The proximity was attractive along with the required amenities we needed for the trip. Pricing was very reasonable.
We were in building “B” that faced the bay out of our balcony. The sunsets were spectacular and there were two pools with the one in our building facing the bay as well.
Parking was somewhat limited but manageable; the ice machine was inoperative at the time of our arrival but was later fixed. The staff was exemplary, very courteous and professional. We booked a second room the next day as some of our colleagues showed up late and the staff was very accommodating.
Absolutely would stay again and will be happy to recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank fcappella
Reviewed August 24, 2010

You can't beat the price for the Seabay nor the location. It is close enough to Fagers that a five minute walk is all it takes. It is even close enough to walk to Seacrets or Mackys. I have stayed here many times with friends on our girls weekends. The stay has always been quite accomodating and friendly. They even allow for a late check out if needed. I use this one quite often.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends