“Very Comfortable Room and Bed, plus fresh delightful coffee with cream in lobby.”
Review of Sea Bay Hotel

Sea Bay Hotel
Ranked #32 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
maryland
Reviewed August 28, 2009

My experience at the Sea Bay Hotel was very pleasant. The staff was wonderful and genuine.
The room was large and comfortable. The bed was so comfortable I actually looked forward to
the end of the fun day rather than dreading it like I have done at other hotels.
I am a single mom with some health issues that the hotel was aware of prior to my arrival. After check in I realized that they put me in a room VERY close to the elevator. That is great customer service.

The coffee offered in the Hotel's lobby was always fresh. There is tea there as well.

The decor is not super fancy, however, the comfort,service and reasonable rates make the Sea Bay Hotel a place I will definitely stay at again.

1 Thank ksummer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Central, PA
Reviewed August 24, 2009

After roaming the internet looking for a decently priced(and a place that wasn't teeming with rowdy college kids) hotel I came across the Sea Bay. I read the reviews on here and decided to go for it. The price was a bit higher then I would have liked but still a good deal. It was located a few blocks from two big attractions; Seacrets and Fagers Island. You could easily walk to both. It was also a few blocks away from the grocery store and several other "known" places to eat. Another added bonus was that it is RIGHT off of Route 90, which is a nice benefit. The beach is 1 or 2 blocks from the hotel and was not crowded at all. It was an easy walk. There were PLENTY of parking spaces(often an issue in ocmd) and we got to park right next to the entrance to our building(the hotel has an A and a B building). We stayed in Building B, in a bayview king. Like other reviewers have mentioned, the room was quiet spacious. The AC and fridge both functioned properly. The view and balcony were great. The bed was also comfortable. I have a few minor grievances but those go along with any place and probably would not stop me from going back. 1-you can hear doors slamming of the rooms around, up and down from you. This didn't keep my boyfriend or I up but it was noticeable throughout the day and in the evening. 2-cleanliness of the bathroom. I did notice several long black hairs on the tub wall, bathroom wall and stuck to the hair dryer. This wasn't a super huge deal. I just washed them down the drain. 3-pool size. Nothing super spectacular but the fact they do have 2 pools helps a bit. Overall, I was happy with my stay at the Sea Bay. They knew Hurricane Bill was approaching(with warnings of rip currents and high tides) and posted information on the weather throughout the hotel. Each building has a separate checkout, which is helpful as well. I didn't catch the name of the man who checked us out on 8/23/09 in Building B around 10:00am but he was very pleasant and helpful. My boyfriend and I have already talked about how if we had to Ocean City again we have no problem staying at this hotel.

1 Thank PABooks22
PA
Reviewed August 20, 2009

The room was very clean. All of the staff were freindly and helpful. I was pleased to see people cleaning and checking the pools every morning. The room was nice and the A/C and fridge worked great. The water pressure was good and there was always hot water. I will definetly stay again and recomend to friends. Each room also has a private balcony. Very nice!

1 Thank md17011
Stockholm, New Jersey
Reviewed August 18, 2009

Our family had a wonderful vacation here. Our room was very nice and the girls who did the housekeeping were very good and professional. The front desk staff was also very helpful and knowledgable about the areas restaurants and attractions. This was our first trip to Ocean City and my husband and i fell in love with it! We plan on many more family vacations there. Short walk to beach, bay, shops and restaurants were also a bonus!

1 Thank lchilenski
Maryland
Reviewed August 18, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Sea Bay for one night in Aug. It was the first time we had stayed there and did not know anyone who had previously stayed there. When searching for a place to stay, I found the Sea Bay to be the most reasonable place that I came across. When I called to inquire more about the rooms, Shelly was very helpful, courteous and a pleasure to speak with. Our room was clean, spacious and in a good location. We also enjoyed the two pools option amenity as well. Overall we had a very nice stay and wished we could have stayed longer.

1 Thank eekaMaryland
S.W. PA
Reviewed August 11, 2009

As a repeat quest we have once again had a very positive stay at the Sea Bay. Our room was very nice and roomy, the staff was more than helpful if we needed something extra, and with the location of the hotel we were centrally located for what our activities are.
The gift certificates that came with our package we booked were a very nice addition to our stay and our wallet.
For our next trip to Ocean City we will certainly be looking at the Sea Bay for rates and rooms available.

1 Thank erm295
new yotk
Reviewed August 7, 2009

we stayed only 2 nights and 3 days at the sea bay hotel in maryland. we thought it was a great hotel not too expensive especially with the large room we got and the balcony which we loved. The room was very clean had a couch, 2 double beds, a clean bathroom with a nice size shower, a tv with cable channels, a little table to sit at and also a mini kitchen. The pool downstairs was very clean and relaxing and the also have a very good restaurant at the hotel which was very good and the staff is very friendly. the hotel was one block away from the beach but one mile away from the boardwalk but we took a bus there which is right outside the hotel. ti sum it up i would stay again we had a great time!

1 Thank saramary