“Great for golf groups...”
Review of Sea Bay Hotel

Sea Bay Hotel
Ranked #32 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I've had my golf groups there for years....will continue as the rooms are large, great balcony views...just wish the pool was heated! Always answered my golf needs, they go beyond the "other" service group comanies.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank club212rookie

Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

I have been to Ocean City a few times. A great town and friendly people, relative to NY/NJ. I travel recreationally and pay attention to service. It is one of the most important aspects of a stay whether it be a hotel, resort, motel, or B&B. I won't say where I stayed last year but I can tell you it was "Grand" in comparison to the Sea Bay...

Upon walking in and being greeted at the Sea Bay, I felt unwelcome and awkward. After a 5 hour ride, this isn't what you want. I wasn't fond of the unfriendliness or careless demeanor of the staff. Professionalism is one thing the front desk staff doesn't have and needs to work on. Understanding this is only a two star, I've been to a few two star hotels on a last minute whim, and they have been more than helpful and professional. Aside from the helpless front desk staff, the hallways always smelt of marijuana. No kidding here. Do you want to bring your kids or young teens here? Maybe if they have glaucoma. I stayed 5 nights. Everyday the hallways reeked. Of course the front desk didn't feel the need to do anything. Now to the rooms. Plain and bare. A minimal hotel stay. More like a motel room. The picture you see in the advertisement is false I feel. Small rooms. Dirty balcony. A standard bathroom. Being a beach hotel, the carpets usually absorb alot of the humidity, and also musk and smell of other guests. Definitely apparent here. The beds are spring mattresses and overly beaten up. Tube tv from zenith. 1989 style. Not a big deal. Overall my hotel stay here made me feel very grateful for the past hotels I've had the experience of staying in. I would've rated the place much higher if they were more professional and also more tidy in their appearance. Stay here if you can get it really cheap on a last minute stay. Otherwise, be wise and stay elsewhere. I stayed here only due to a last minute stay. The vacation house my co-workers rented was over-limit. On a happy note, the cafe was good, service and food. Maybe they should educate or even work above the front desk girls.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank eugguy
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I have had many stays at this hotel year after year and always come back again. It is a very clean hotel and the staff was wonderful and friendly. They are always busy making sure everything is the best it can be.

I just returned July 11th after staying again for 4 days and it is still the same nice place I experience every year.
The location is very good whether you have a car or not ---transportation is easily available. Being a midpoint spot along the beach is also to its advantage. Not very noisy as along the boardwalk,
Security was always available and present to mafe it a safe place to stay.
I surely will return again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are clean if a bit dated. We had six girls staying and had plenty of room for everyone. The location is a bit far down from the boardwalk but with the bus running all day this is actually a plus. Its a quieter area. It is walkable to Seacrets and Faegers. We had breakfast at the in hotel cafe it was decent and inexpensive. I'd stay again!

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Roozer23
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I very rarely bother to make reviews about a place I stayed, but decided to help out some future families traveling to Ocean City. I checked many sites and read the reviews and took my family to Sea Bay for 4 days because of the good price and location. The 1st night was a thursday and i was very happy with the room, the pool, the staff. Friday rolled around and the hotel was overtaken with young "adults" who overtook both pools with their makeshift bar, illegal drugs, tons of alcohol, loud noise, vulgar language and rude behavior towards other guests making them extremly uncomfortable.. and i am not speaking only for myself. I took it in stride since I too was once 20 and remember the thrill of being able to drink underage with NOONE (not even "security") checking ids to see if they were allowing underage drinking at their pool or if these guests were actually paying to stay at the hotel. When i spoke to the front desk they explained that guests were allowed to have friends over until 11pm, and if it got out of hand just to let them know (which i thought i was doing).. and they further apologized that it was "senior week". I know when school got out #1 and #2 - these were not high school seniors but 19 and 20 year olds. So all excuses aside, i wish i had known this was NOT A FAMILY FRIENDLY location and i most certainly would have stayed elsewhere and spent the extra money.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank beth d
Reviewed June 27, 2013

The staff was very friendly. The room was just as we requested. The rate was reasonable for the beach. We usually stay along the boardwalk in OC but just got sick of the high price. Switched for the bay view and we could not have been happier. I would say they need a refresher in the room decor but hey you are not there to stay in the room. It's clean. Safe and reasonable and you can walk to the beach.

Room Tip: Higher West Side facing the the bay. You might have to call. We did.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CharlotteA91
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I have stayed here a half dozen times or so. All of these times were with my friends, but this year I took my girlfriend down and it was amazing as well. Nothing beats the view to the bay at sunset. Just wish they had jacuzzis in the bayside suites. I usually get the repeat guest discount and the cafe attached to the hotel is real good. People can complain about the distance, but a 15 minute bus ride gets you to the boardwalk. The beach is across the street and there's a 7/11 next door. I am hoping to get back again this summer with my girlfriend again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple