“About what you should expect in Ocean City”
Review of Sea Bay Hotel

Sea Bay Hotel
Ranked #36 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
“About what you should expect in Ocean City”
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are clean if a bit dated. We had six girls staying and had plenty of room for everyone. The location is a bit far down from the boardwalk but with the bus running all day this is actually a plus. Its a quieter area. It is walkable to Seacrets and Faegers. We had breakfast at the in hotel cafe it was decent and inexpensive. I'd stay again!

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Roozer23

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I very rarely bother to make reviews about a place I stayed, but decided to help out some future families traveling to Ocean City. I checked many sites and read the reviews and took my family to Sea Bay for 4 days because of the good price and location. The 1st night was a thursday and i was very happy with the room, the pool, the staff. Friday rolled around and the hotel was overtaken with young "adults" who overtook both pools with their makeshift bar, illegal drugs, tons of alcohol, loud noise, vulgar language and rude behavior towards other guests making them extremly uncomfortable.. and i am not speaking only for myself. I took it in stride since I too was once 20 and remember the thrill of being able to drink underage with NOONE (not even "security") checking ids to see if they were allowing underage drinking at their pool or if these guests were actually paying to stay at the hotel. When i spoke to the front desk they explained that guests were allowed to have friends over until 11pm, and if it got out of hand just to let them know (which i thought i was doing).. and they further apologized that it was "senior week". I know when school got out #1 and #2 - these were not high school seniors but 19 and 20 year olds. So all excuses aside, i wish i had known this was NOT A FAMILY FRIENDLY location and i most certainly would have stayed elsewhere and spent the extra money.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank beth d
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed June 27, 2013

The staff was very friendly. The room was just as we requested. The rate was reasonable for the beach. We usually stay along the boardwalk in OC but just got sick of the high price. Switched for the bay view and we could not have been happier. I would say they need a refresher in the room decor but hey you are not there to stay in the room. It's clean. Safe and reasonable and you can walk to the beach.

Room Tip: Higher West Side facing the the bay. You might have to call. We did.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CharlotteA91
West Chester, PA
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I have stayed here a half dozen times or so. All of these times were with my friends, but this year I took my girlfriend down and it was amazing as well. Nothing beats the view to the bay at sunset. Just wish they had jacuzzis in the bayside suites. I usually get the repeat guest discount and the cafe attached to the hotel is real good. People can complain about the distance, but a 15 minute bus ride gets you to the boardwalk. The beach is across the street and there's a 7/11 next door. I am hoping to get back again this summer with my girlfriend again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TuPat
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We had a great stay at the Sea Bay Hotel with a view of the bay. The room was very clean and spacious. Also, the balcony overlooking the pool and bay was nice. The location of the hotel is also very convenient for a few different great restaurants/bars (Dead Freddies and Seacrets).

Thank you, Lauren for recommending this hotel to stay at for our weekend getaway! We will all pass the word along about this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Tiffany N
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here twice and really enjoyed it. The rooms are very clean and spacious. I loved the private balconies. The air conditioning is perfect and its quiet. The only downfall is the location. Its at 61st right off the rt. 90 bridge far from the boardwalk and attractions. Also bayside so you must cross both sides of the coastal highway at its busiest point to get to the beach. I love the hotel but wish the location was better. And prices have gone up. I'd stay here again but don't like to be so far from the boardwalk and attractions. And don't like that they raised rates. But it is a nice clean hotel.

• Stayed August 2012
seabaygirl, Manager at Sea Bay Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thanks for staying with us again and providing us with your feedback. We go both ways with our location, some people like being away from the boardwalk and the hustle and bustle of downtown OC and prefer to be close to the bridge, just a personal preference I think. We did have a slight increase on the rates on some of our room types but we always have discounts and specials available especially to our "Repeat Guests" so be sure to ask! We do hope you will consider returning to the Sea Bay Hotel. Thanks again!
Maryland
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I had a great time. Everyone was very nice, the rooms were clean, and the surrounding areas as well. The place could use upgraded flat screen tv's (I was in the West Building with double beds) as well as some touch ups with paint and plasterer. Very central place in the heart of Ocean City. No complaints here, just a few upgrades would make my room rating higher. The wireless internet was fairly quick, even with 3 devices being used at the same time in the room. The beds and pillows were comfortable and the ac / heat unit worked awesome. The shower pressure and water temps were great and the bathroom overall was a decent size. Again a very nice overall place to stay. Also if the rooms had a wet bar with a sink that would of been very helpful as well. I had a double bed room but my friend brought a fill sized air mattress and that fit right next to the beds so we technically had 3 beds in the room. The room has a nice sized table and 2 comfortable chairs. The dresser has 4 large drawers and in between the 2 beds a nice sized dress area with 1 drawer and a open space underneath. The room also had nice lighting and a decent closet area when you first get in. I would stay again.

Room Tip: I believe the East building was recently more renovated, I stayed in the West Building, still a nice...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank MdVacation
seabaygirl, Manager at Sea Bay Hotel, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thanks for staying with us! We're glad you had a great stay. We made lots of improvements during the off season including new carpet and AC units and will continue to do so. We did begin replacing the TV's with flat screens. Thanks for your suggestions, we will add them to our list. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Don't forget to mention that you are a Repeat Guest in order to receive our "Repeat Guest" discount. We hope to see you agin soon!