“What a jewel!”

An Inn on the Ocean
Ranked #3 of 18 Ocean City B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 17, 2007

This has got to be the best place to stay in Ocean City. The food is superb and the location can't be beat. Innkeepers are very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank star519

Reviewed May 20, 2007

We were lucky to be able to stay here for just a night. We had the Oceana room which was the largest of the rooms. I would recommend upgrading to this room as you have your own 2nd floor deck overlooking the beach and boardwalk, the room is large and there is a great deep jacuzzi tub in the bathroom. The bed was super comforatble with nice linens. Towels were plush and large, plus there are bath robes too. We've never stayed at a place where we were more comfortable. Bikes are free for use as are beach towels and beach chairs. Staff is wonderful here and did all they could do to make our stay wonderful, including calling around to find a doctor for us.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
5  Thank vvg
Reviewed August 12, 2006

What a great view, right from the front porch. Needing a get away from our B&B, the Jackson House B&B, we chose the Inn on the Ocean. What a great choice! We spent most of our time just looking out over the Ocean, we even had Dolphin jumping right in front of us

The Inn was very clean and comfortable and the breakfast were amazing. With us being Innkeeper's we can let everyone know this is a great place to stay.

They even have bikes, beach chairs and towels for the beach for their guest. These guys think of everything for their guest comfort.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank Pam N
Reviewed September 13, 2005

My husband and I just enjoyed a 3 night stay in the Oceana Room which was wonderful as it has a private balcony facing the ocean. This room is almost twice as large as the other 5 rooms but all are lovely, with private bathrooms. Our room had a HUGE bathroom with jacuzzi tub. We were made very comfortable during our stay. Upon arrival, Vicki, our hostess, asked if there were any dietary restrictions she should know about or if we had any special breakfast requests. My husband said he doesn't eat bacon or sausage and so Vicki remembered that and each morning when those items were served to others, my husband was given an extra piece of the featured breakfast (Creme Brule French Toast for example) and he didn't have to face any bacon! How thoughtful! The house itself is lovely and the porch is fabulous - with comfortable rockers facing the ocean. Weather permitting, breakfast was served on the porch each morning where we enjoyed a breathtaking view of the ocean. I had always thought staying way down on the Boardwalk area might be noisy and tacky - but The Inn On the Ocean is just far enough away from the crowds and is on a most beautiful stretch of beach. The hosts, Vicki and Charlie, provide bicycles for their guests' use and also beach chairs, beach umbrella and fluffy soft color coded beach towels! (Each guest room has its own color so as not to confuse the issue between guests). We plan to return again - preferably after Labor Day, which is when we stayed this summer - as it's just a little quieter than mid summer.

• Stayed: September 2005
12  Thank Canajun57
Silver Spring, MD
Reviewed June 17, 2005

We have been coming to this B&B for the past five years and were very saddened by the fire in the middle of the 2004 season. The hosts, Vicki & Charlie, went through so much trial and tribulation to get their lovely place up and running (it would probably have been easier for them to take the insurance money and run). Their work and love in renovating the place really shows. The Inn is better than ever!!

Even though last season's fire (freakingly started in the basement) damaged mostly the first floor, all the rooms have been lovingly restored. The owners have new bikes, available for guests, to ride on the boardwalk in the mornings. One note is that the pics on the website has not yet been updated to show how wonderful everything is. Breakfast is still a gourmet treat. In the afternoons, there is always a sweet treat (e.g. freshly-bake cookies) waiting for you after a long day at the beach, shopping, etc.

Every year, we almost talk ourselves out of coming back to OC, because of the commercialism, the noise, the crowds. But this place always brings us back with its ambiance, wonderful hosts and now even better accommodations. We do step out to get a little bit of the OC flavor, but are always happy and thankful to return back to the Inn and our cozy, comfy room.

• Stayed: April 2005
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
DANBURY, CONNECTICUT
Reviewed February 3, 2005

My husand and I were given a gift certificate to the Inn for our anniversary. It was one of the best gifts we ever received. If you like waking up in the morning and walking out to a lovely veranda with the ocean right in front of you, then this is the place for you. Add to that a delicious gourmet breakfast served on the porch, beach chairs and umbrellas, bikes and lots of good conversations with Charlie and Vicki and you think that you are in heaven! We have been staying here for at least a week for the past five years and can't wait to return this summer and see all the new renovations.

10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Manassas, VA
Reviewed August 11, 2004

To Whom it May Concern: I have had a terrible experience with The Inn on the Ocean in Ocean City, Maryland located at 1001 Atlantic Avenue. I had a reservation at this inn which I made in February of 2004. My reservation was for the weekend for August 7 and August 8th. I had a prepaid gift certificate from my company for this two night stay. My bill was paid in full by credit card, in advance and the total amount was $468.70. The day before our arrival date, I called the inn to confirm my reservation. I was told by Charlie Barrett, the owner, that I no longer had a reservation. He said that I had called to cancel my reservation on June 23rd. This was absolutely NOT true. I had NEVER cancelled my reservation. Furthermore, Charlie continued to tell me that the inn had had a fire and it was closed until December, 2004. At this point, I asked for my entire deposit to be refunded in full, as I had never cancelled my reservation in the first place, and he no longer had a room for me on my desired weekend, and secondly, because he could no longer provide a room for me at all for practically the remainder of this year. He has defaulted on his end of the agreement not once, but TWICE.I have asked for a refund, and he refused. At this point, Charlie Barrett proceeded to use profanity with me over the phone as he insisted that once a gift certificate is purchased,it is totally non-refundable. This is ridiculous, as he cannot provide a room for me at all at this point, and he wrongly cancelled my previous reservation. Charlie is totally unreasonable, and he insists on keeping my $468.70 and gives me absolutely nothing in return. He cannot provide me with the service I paid for. I would NOT recommend this hotel to any tourist on any web site.
Lillis Werder