“old outdated”
Review of The Admiral Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
The Admiral Motel
Ranked #98 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed April 7, 2012

Stayed here in sep 2010 for bike week. Our room was small and not the cleanest we had ever stayed at. The worst thing was the bathroom, the sink faucet barely worked and the AC leaked. The location is pretty good, just one street back from beach, but would not stay here again. Our room was in the main building, friends stayed in the building behind ours, and there room was much nicer, in fact they stayed again in 2011. Would not stay here again, unless no other place was open. If your looking for cheap, check The Majestic, its a step up from this place.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kimike611
There are newer reviews for The Admiral Motel

Reviewed September 20, 2011

We booked this hotel back in 2009 for vacation. When we arrived the lobby looked very nice and clean, bit once we got to our room it was a different story. We had our 2 yr old daughter with us so we got the room with the kitchen. The bathroom was horrible, mold all inside the tub, the air conditioner was leaking and the floor was soaked which could cause mold. We asked to be moved, which we were. Well when we arrived @ this room the toilet was broken and the shower head was missing. Once again we moved but they put us in there "newer section", which didnt look any different. By this time it was getting alte and we were getting ready for bed when we noticed cockrothes crawling under the floor, my husband pulled out the bed and there where more with loads of dirt, dust, socks etc. We called the front desk and they sent someone up and this person actually admitted to the hotel not being very clean and how housekeeping doesnt clean well. In the morning my husband went to the hotel mananger and we got a refund and went to stay somewhere else for the rest of our vacation. This hotel was in no place for anyone, not to mention a 2 yr old that crawls on the floor...

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank gregawsk8
Reviewed August 29, 2011

my boyfriend came for senior week and when he got home he immediately started itching everywhere, we then went there again for my birthday stayed 2 days and ever since then i have non stop been itching...come to find out BED BUGS i wish i would of checked.
the sheets had stains all over it, blood stains at that. we asked for new sheets and they would only bring pillow cases...MORE DIRTY ONES AT THAT! the employee then asked if he had to put them on for me. when he was putting them on he took the remote and chanced what we were watching saying he was missing his show for this...didnt take the dirty linens with him. they dont bring extra towels for you the only decent thing was the pool!
the bathroom was nasty and stained the shower wasnt even big enough to shave my legs in and needed to wear my sandels in the shower. the window screen had a hole in it.
when i called asking for prices of the dates i wanted the lady got an attitude and hung up on me. i really wish i didnt stay in this hotel and hoping i didnt bring the bed bugs home!
please do your self a favor and DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Megan92_123
Reviewed August 19, 2011

Unless your just looking for a bed by the boardwalk, I wouldn't stay here. There were ants, thin walls, and the bathroom was grimy at best. Stayed in the efficiency. And the third bed was tucked into a closed-in balcony with no AC. Staff was shady, I would advise people to lock valueables in their car. Parking is not guaranteed.
And don't expect the staff to accomodate your complaints.
Probably a perfect room for Senior Week.

• Stayed: August 2011
3  Thank flea74
Reviewed August 17, 2011

Stayed here with a friend and my two grandkids. The night we checked in we got in late due to bad weather. We were exhausted after a long drive and just wanted to relax. The room was absolutely horrific when we entered. The tiny bathroom was filthy and covered in dirt and mold. The toilet didn't work. We had to flush it by filling the wastebasket with water from the tub to pour down the toilet. The room was infested with ants. One of the kids left a juicebox on the dresser and within minutes it was covered in ants. The mattresses are horrific. Filthy with no support. They must be the mattresses originial to the hotel. Like sitting on coils. I did not specifically look for bedbugs but was not going stay in that room one night. I immediatly complained to the front desk who just looked at me like i had two heads and said they could not help me. No rooms available. We were forced to sleep in the room for the night but I quickly complained to management in the morning who apologized and gave us another room. This one was not much better. Still had ants, beds still old, checked for bedbugs and didn't see any, larger bathroom but still dirty. The maid told me that the entire hotel is infested with ants. If you are a teenager or young adult looking for a place to crash at a good rate, then by all means, stay here. If you are a family or mature adult looking for a hotel, stay clear!!! If i could award zero stars i would have. I would NEVER stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank vabeachbum91
Reviewed August 8, 2011

Myself and a group of my friends stayed at the admiral and had over 5 instances where the security guard (over 40 years old) made sexual, degrading, and inappropriate comments towards us (ages 17-19). The neighbors also made a complaint that the security guard was putting his arm around their 14 year old daughter asking her how old she was. Other than that the place is small, dirty, and could use some work.

Room Tip: Look at reviews
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Kay-See-Fro-Y0
Reviewed July 21, 2011

This was definitely not a “Hotel”, but more like an “Inn” or "B&B"....Bed was good, old stain on white sheets, shower head rusted and moldy and mold on the ceiling of the bathroom and in the room. We found a female hair in bathroom and on bed(might be from the cleaning person) Water stays in bath tub and drain down very slowly. Didn’t like how face basin was in the queen bed room and not the bathroom, Not the same in the King suits with kitchen. No central AC or wireless internet service, No Iron. Check out time is too early, 11AM. Ants infested. Evening’s manager and staff was friendly...Morning manager not quite the same, very rude. I think it’s over price based on the "Hotel" conditions and immunities.

Room Tip: Stay here if you just need a bed and not luxury.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple