Sea Cove Motel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Dunes Court(Ocean City)
  • Breakfast included
Sun 'n Fun Motel(Ocean City)
  • Pool
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 10, 2009

I just stayed here for 3 days and 2 nights for Senior Week. I read all the reviews before hand, and I was a little concerned since they were all so negative. I have to say though, the Sea Cove is a nice place! There were no "roaches" and the Owner was very nice. I stayed on the third floor, and everyday the stairs and everything was cleaned. For the room---def not 5 star hotel, but it was nice! Great for teenagers and young couples! The room was clean, great A/C unit, and it was even furnished with 3 chairs to put on the porch. Overrall, Sea Cove is GREAT motel and I highly recommend it to anyone interested in a nice, comfy, clean, great location Motel!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank joejohnson5277
Reviewed May 21, 2009

I decided it would be a nice little get away last minute for my girlfriends birthday. Little did i know what i was getting myself into. The "help desk" well lets just say wasnt that. worst service/manager/owner ever. I wanted to check into my hotel room and found a note on the door with his cell phone number saying for emergencies. when he finally got there after a 2 hour wait we checked in to find the worst hotel i have ever seen. tile floor that was covered in sand roaches throughout the dresser drawers, and the smell was awful. The one bed was broken luckily we only needed one, and thats the extent of the time we were in the room. When i went to checkout the next day we had scheduled a time to go jet skiing and we were late and had to reschedule due to the front desk again had the sign on the door saying for emergencies only. I called it.. very rude on the phone but what did i expect he was rude when we checked in too. he tells me to wait for him or i will get charged for another night. so i waited and it was an hour and half wait for him, and i had to cancel and didnt get to go jet skiing for that was all my girlfriend wanted to do for her birthday. so thanks to this hotel it ruined my nice planned weekend for my girlfriends birthday. it may be cheap but spend a few more bucks and go somewhere else at least a place that treats you with respect.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
4  Thank softballem
Reviewed September 18, 2008

My wife, kids and I planned to stayed at the Sea Cove Motel for 2 night. When we checked in the place was disgusting, filthy dirty. The shower was full of pubic hair and it looked like vomit between the shower and toilet. We asked the man at the desk to have someone clean it and he told me that the room was already cleaned and the maid would not be in until the morning. I requested another room but was told there were none available. I returned to the room only to find my wife freaking out because there were roaches in the dresser drawers. I returned to the front desk and asked for the manager. The man told me he was the manager. I asked him to refund my money so I could leave and get another room somewhere else because of the bugs and filth. He began to laugh and say I was lying because the room was cleaned prior to us checking in and they don't have roaches. I insisted that he comes to the room to see for himself, which he refused. I again demanded my money back. The manager again refused and told me I am free to leave but I will be charged for 3 days as this is the minimum stay he says. I was never informed of a 3 night minimum stay. I told him I would call the police if he did not return my money. He told me he was going to call the police if I don't leave his office. I told him that I will see him in court and sue him for the money back and he told me to try it that he will sue me back and win just like he has with all the other people that try to get refunds or not pay. He then told me to get out and get my family out of his motel or he will physically remove us from the property. I did leave with my wife and stayed at the spinnaker hotel. I returned home and cancelled my credit card. If anyone is smart they will stay far, far away from this place.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank lp255
Reviewed September 9, 2008

we went in ocean city and stayed at the sea cove motel for 5 days, we had a great experience. Yes the hotel is not 5 star hotel but you are not paying 5 star price. The rooms were very clean, the front desk help was very helpful with recommendations for different restaurants, but the most important thing for us was that sea cove was in the middle of everything, there must be over 10 restaurants and bars within 2-3 blocks radius. We never had to drive also the boardwalk is 200 feet away.
I do recommend sea cove to anyone who wants a clean room but not pay a lot

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mangitis
Reviewed September 12, 2007

I stayed in this motel for two nights while attending a conference. I found a very good price on the internet for a mid-week stay and knew in advance this would be a real economy class motel. Since I knew I would be attending the conference throughout the day I was not concerned with the amenities, or lack there of.

The first room I was given had been cleaned, so after lugging my suitcase up a narrow flight of stairs, no elevators, I had to drag it back down to get another room. Although the second room had been made up it was anything but clean.

When I made the reservastion I requested a non-smoking room. However it was clear from the cigarette burn marks on all the furniture and the bathroom sink that my request was ignored.

Every time I entered my room the smell of smoke, stale beer and mildew was over powering. The floors were dirty, the dresser drawers filthy, and behind and under the dressers and bed disgusting. The sink did not drain until I pulled cigarette butts and a bottle cap out of it. The first night I was there I realized most of the lightbulbs in the room were burned out, when I went to the desk at 9 pm to complain the door was locked and a sign gave an emergancy number. When I went back in the morning the front desk gave me several 40 watt bulbs to put in myself.

I have never been so glad to leave a motel in my life. It was absolutely horrid.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business