“Great affordable place to stay”
Review of Sea Cove Motel

Sea Cove Motel
Ranked #95 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
silver spring md
“Great affordable place to stay”
Reviewed September 9, 2008

we went in ocean city and stayed at the sea cove motel for 5 days, we had a great experience. Yes the hotel is not 5 star hotel but you are not paying 5 star price. The rooms were very clean, the front desk help was very helpful with recommendations for different restaurants, but the most important thing for us was that sea cove was in the middle of everything, there must be over 10 restaurants and bars within 2-3 blocks radius. We never had to drive also the boardwalk is 200 feet away.
I do recommend sea cove to anyone who wants a clean room but not pay a lot

• Liked — closiness to everything
  • Disliked — not having swimming pool
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mangitis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Easton
Reviewed September 12, 2007

I stayed in this motel for two nights while attending a conference. I found a very good price on the internet for a mid-week stay and knew in advance this would be a real economy class motel. Since I knew I would be attending the conference throughout the day I was not concerned with the amenities, or lack there of.

The first room I was given had been cleaned, so after lugging my suitcase up a narrow flight of stairs, no elevators, I had to drag it back down to get another room. Although the second room had been made up it was anything but clean.

When I made the reservastion I requested a non-smoking room. However it was clear from the cigarette burn marks on all the furniture and the bathroom sink that my request was ignored.

Every time I entered my room the smell of smoke, stale beer and mildew was over powering. The floors were dirty, the dresser drawers filthy, and behind and under the dressers and bed disgusting. The sink did not drain until I pulled cigarette butts and a bottle cap out of it. The first night I was there I realized most of the lightbulbs in the room were burned out, when I went to the desk at 9 pm to complain the door was locked and a sign gave an emergancy number. When I went back in the morning the front desk gave me several 40 watt bulbs to put in myself.

I have never been so glad to leave a motel in my life. It was absolutely horrid.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
5 Thank JenniferMaryland

Travelers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

NY
Reviewed September 10, 2007

I don't normally write reviews, but my stay at the Sea Cove was so AWFUL I feel the need to alert other travelers who might be looking for a last minute vacation deal. IT WAS NOT WORTH IT! The room was DISGUSTING. Stains on sheets, pillowcases, and the threadbare rugs. The room was furnished with 2 beds and plastic lawn chairs as their "plush indoor furnishings." Had to kill about 4 or 5 roaches, dirty towels, sink, toilet, and bath - GROSS. AC did not work, lights were dim, and there was a hole in the curtains letting anyone see right in. Confronted management- RUDE and UNHELPFUL...tried to blame us for the condition of the room 20 minutes after we checked in! Was supposed to spend a week at this hotel- it was so bad we checked out after ONE NIGHT. My wife and I thought we could put up with it...but it was too bad to stay there. Maid never came following morning, notified office of need for clean towels...AGAIN rude and unhelpful. That's when we decided to check out. The man at the front desk threatened us and refused to refund our money for our week's stay, and then began personally attacking my wife to me. A very low breed kind of individual. Other guests were also in office complaining, and at least two other couples were checking out. This is a "rent by the hour" type of place or at least should be...DEFINATELY not for couples, or families looking for a nice vacation! They had a college kid special posted- Let me tell you, I would not want my son or daughter in this kind of environment. It was close to everything, cheap, and available...HOWEVER, you could not PAY ME TO STAY THERE AGAIN. Please, do yourself a favor and stay ANYWHERE else in OCMD. You'll be saving yourself a lot of trouble and money in the long run!

• Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
4 Thank MrandMrsBOC
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed September 5, 2007

Had to book this reservation at the last minute - what a mistake! The owners must have a HUGE profit margin for the little bit of money they spend on their motel. Carpeting has no pile whatsoever (plus an iron burn mark in our room); no deadbolts on the doors...just that rinky-dink little doorknob lock; bath towels are more the size of hand towels and super-thin to boot; no blankets on the beds so you had to use the bedspread just to be warm enough to sleep at night, no matter how nasty it might be!;they bought used mattresses for the rooms....ours said "Marriott";black mold around the bathtub...and with all of this, there is a little envelope to tip the housekeeper....something I usually only see at "upscale" hotels, which this was definitely NOT. Would not recommend and will never stay there again, no matter how desperate I am!!!!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Quality
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family