“THIS PLACE IS HORRIBLE!!!!”
Review of Sea Cove Motel

Sea Cove Motel
Ranked #96 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed July 19, 2013

First of all the room was NOT clean,sand on floors, carpet didn't look or feel vacuumed. DISCUSTING.. The room cost us $275.15!!!!! The air conditioner didn't work!! We couldn't even sleep in the room! We tried to get a refund. NO WAY they said!!! We traveled for4 hours and had to leave!!! WORST MOTEL WE EVER STAYED IN!!!! MY ADVISE DON'T EVER STAY THERE!!!

• Stayed: July 2013
5  Thank laukhuff

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We had to book a last minute room at Ocean City and Sea Cove Motel had one of the lowest prices per nt ($110). We didn't have so many options so we booked it. The only good thing that I can mention about this hotel is that they allowed us to check in by 12:30pm and to park our car. The motel is one block away from the ocean and has free parking. But nothing else!!! The furniture was very old. The bed was the most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept on. I felt like there was a nylon or plastic under the sheets. The room and the bathroom was clean but when we got back from the beach water was dropping from the ceiling of the bathroom. We stayed for just one night so I didnt want to waste my time by complaining. I felt very uncomfortable while we were at the room and left the room as quick as possible. I understand that it is a motel without stars. So if you are planning a vacation at Ocean City I will not recommend you to stay more than a night. Try other options.

Room Tip: 2nd floor; Room 7 doesnt have a view, but has a bathroom where water drops from the ceiling.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank seday8
Reviewed July 15, 2013

it smelled horrible as soon as we walked in and stayed that way until we left. the toilet was broken and almost over flowing when we got there and when we asked them to fix it they yelled at is and thought we were stupid for flushing toilet paper! it was covered in dirt and the sheets were stained. the worst part was definitely the service. I've stayed at other places in ocean city and this was lower than low.

5  Thank ldestefano227
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Comforters had yellow stains on them -sheets had gritty feeling like sand- floors were dirty-window was taped in place-someones clothing stickers on wall -hair on wall in bathroom - toilet was dirty-bedside stand had sticky change in drawer- one of the lights did not work -I was okay that it is an older motel and was not expecting much for decor BUT did not pay to sleep in filth- WILL STAY HOME NEXT TIME IF THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE THAT HAD A VACANCY !!!!!!

3  Thank grandmom123
Reviewed June 10, 2013

To any parents that are considering letting their kids go here for senior week please do not. The place is a dump. Environment is not safe. Room doors are not secure. Staff... like Ola are just rude. I mean why are you working the desk if you hate your job. You are suppose to answer questions.I repeat Don't let your kids stay here. It is a rip-off that takes advantage of the senior week kids. Can't seem to get accurate prices. One price on-line is not the same price that is available upon check in. Photos are not true resprensentation of what the place really looks like. This place is the bottom of the bottom.

Room Tip: Don't stay here each room is a dump from what we could see.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank d b
Reviewed June 8, 2013

First off the receptionist was rude. We got our keys and walked in first thing we saw was dead cockaroaches about 1-1/2"-2" long some, were still wiggling when we walked in (they had just been raided about a half hr before checking in. The fan in the bathroom was broken and hanging down. The sheets were disgusting and harboring bugs. Tried to get a refund and they said no. Gave us new sheets for our beds and told us we had to put them on because there's no maid service. We found a bug in the one bed and I'm not sure but it very well looked like a bed bug. When I picked it up and squeezed it, nothing but blood came out( it was swollen like a tick) but it wasn't a tick. There were only two towels in the bathroom and they were about the size of wash cloth's. The floors are tile, dirty and cold. No carpet at all. I am never wasting my money on this dump,ever again!! Never stay here! You will regret wasting your time and money! My rating -5/10

8  Thank bdub33
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

This was one of the worst trips ever! When we went to our room the ceiling tiles were falling into the bed. The sheets had cigarette burnings and hair in them. The women at the desk said that she could change our sheets because there's no house keeping. We went to see other rooms but they were even worse. In the morning there was no hot water there was only ice water. We called the office and explained that it was unacceptable. I would not recommend this to a friend!

• Stayed: April 2013