“absolutely horrible”

Sea Cove Motel
Ranked #94 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
“absolutely horrible”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

it smelled horrible as soon as we walked in and stayed that way until we left. the toilet was broken and almost over flowing when we got there and when we asked them to fix it they yelled at is and thought we were stupid for flushing toilet paper! it was covered in dirt and the sheets were stained. the worst part was definitely the service. I've stayed at other places in ocean city and this was lower than low.

5 Thank ldestefano227

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Comforters had yellow stains on them -sheets had gritty feeling like sand- floors were dirty-window was taped in place-someones clothing stickers on wall -hair on wall in bathroom - toilet was dirty-bedside stand had sticky change in drawer- one of the lights did not work -I was okay that it is an older motel and was not expecting much for decor BUT did not pay to sleep in filth- WILL STAY HOME NEXT TIME IF THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE THAT HAD A VACANCY !!!!!!

3 Thank grandmom123

Travelers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

philadelphia
Reviewed June 10, 2013

To any parents that are considering letting their kids go here for senior week please do not. The place is a dump. Environment is not safe. Room doors are not secure. Staff... like Ola are just rude. I mean why are you working the desk if you hate your job. You are suppose to answer questions.I repeat Don't let your kids stay here. It is a rip-off that takes advantage of the senior week kids. Can't seem to get accurate prices. One price on-line is not the same price that is available upon check in. Photos are not true resprensentation of what the place really looks like. This place is the bottom of the bottom.

Room Tip: Don't stay here each room is a dump from what we could see.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank d b
Reviewed June 8, 2013

First off the receptionist was rude. We got our keys and walked in first thing we saw was dead cockaroaches about 1-1/2"-2" long some, were still wiggling when we walked in (they had just been raided about a half hr before checking in. The fan in the bathroom was broken and hanging down. The sheets were disgusting and harboring bugs. Tried to get a refund and they said no. Gave us new sheets for our beds and told us we had to put them on because there's no maid service. We found a bug in the one bed and I'm not sure but it very well looked like a bed bug. When I picked it up and squeezed it, nothing but blood came out( it was swollen like a tick) but it wasn't a tick. There were only two towels in the bathroom and they were about the size of wash cloth's. The floors are tile, dirty and cold. No carpet at all. I am never wasting my money on this dump,ever again!! Never stay here! You will regret wasting your time and money! My rating -5/10

8 Thank bdub33
Massapequa, New York
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

This was one of the worst trips ever! When we went to our room the ceiling tiles were falling into the bed. The sheets had cigarette burnings and hair in them. The women at the desk said that she could change our sheets because there's no house keeping. We went to see other rooms but they were even worse. In the morning there was no hot water there was only ice water. We called the office and explained that it was unacceptable. I would not recommend this to a friend!

• Stayed April 2013
5 Thank emilyg01
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed February 5, 2013

this motel is the most disgusting motel I've ever been too, I booked it online, so I booked it just by looking at the pictures and reading the reviews.
* First of all, the pictures were so misleading because it was taking like 20 years ago, the pictures has nothing to do with the sad reality of the room.
* The doors of the room, and the windows doesn't open and close easily, especially the bathroom.
* The bathroom are so small you can barely fit in one person, so if you were a bit chubby you are stuck !!!!!!!!
the bathroom tile are broken. and the smell oh my god don't get me started on the smell!!!!!!
the room smells like urine its sooooo disgusting the smell was the worst part!!!
* the bed sheet was so nasty, but it was so much better than the blanket, I've never seen a blanket this dirty in my life.
* the carpet is disgusting, i couldn't even take off my shoes, I was so afraid i'm gonna get some kind of disease!!!
*I couldn't stay 5 minutes in that room, so I went down to the owner and asked her for my money but she was super rude with me and she said no refund, and by the way it doesn't say in the website that theres no refunds !! she charged me for 4 days and she wouldn't give me one cent back, even though she was charge me for 1 day and give me back the rest!
she was arguing with me and I told her to change the pictures on the website because it does not look like its from the century and she was so convinced that it was newly update, LAIR!!!
I really regret not taking any pictures, this motel is the cheapest one in Ocean city but I wouldn't stay in it even if I was an animal.
DO NOT GO THERE, ITS A DUMP!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank iTahani
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Decided to try a trip down the beach and take our dog. This place said pet friendly and was in a good location so we wanted to give it a try. HATED IT! Room had two beds, microwave and fridge, no table or chairs or anything else. Cold tiled floors through out. We were there 2nd week of October and it was chilly at night but the PET ROOMS did not have any heat at all (this was not mentioned anytime before or during booking), nor did they have blankets on the beds. When I complained and asked to be moved to a room with heat, they said they didn't have any available and gave me another bedspread (not blanket) to use. You know that saying " I wouldn't let my dog stay there"? - well this is that place. But to be fair the maid did come everyday and swept the sand out and cleaned bathroom.

Room Tip: Maybe the not pet friendly rooms are better - but I wouldn't want to find out.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple