Beachcomber Motel
Grand Hotel & Spa(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$199
$151
ClarionHotels
Dunes Manor Hotel & Suites(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$189
$170
Holiday Inn Express Ocean City(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$119
HIExpress.com
$180
$162
Atlantic Oceanfront Inn(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$149
$139
Princess Royale Resort(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$219
$391
$152
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Ocean City(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$359
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 4, 2011

The staff is very friendly and nice. The room was clean and comfortable. Very close to the beach and no street to cross. Great price.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Default724
Reviewed August 22, 2011

When my friend from Florida comes to visit Maryland, we always make plans to vacation in Ocean City, MD. This is our 3rd year staying at the Beachcomber. The motel is not only affordable and convenient to the beach, it is also clean, spacious, and comfortable. It is also in easy walking distance to a few other establishments of interest, if you just don't want the headache of driving in the traffic on Coastal Highway for the day. The owners, Tom and John Berry, are very courteous when making reservations and at check-in. Their friend, Dave, is also very helpful, when he fills in for them. They always ask if there's anything we need and if we're having a nice time. They don't hesitate in giving us advice on where to dine and shop, if asked. We know the rules of the motel and abide by them. The pool is for the guests of the Beachcomber; not for everyone elses' guests. The pool is clean and spotless for their paying customers; not for your friends staying at other hotels and motels. If you have a complaint as to why your friends can't use the pool, use theirs instead!
While we were there, two young girls walked right from the beach to use the pool. John asked them if they were staying at the Beachcomber, (he suspected that they weren't.) They acted dumb and said, "Huh?" John asked them what room they were staying in, and the one girl looked at the other and said, "He wants to know what room we're staying in," as if the other girl didn't understand English. The friend said nothing, then they turned and walked away. That's beacause they weren't staying at the Beachcomber and tried to lie their way to the pool. They just wanted to cleanse themselves of sand in the Beachcomber pool and leave. Now how ignorant is that?? It makes you wonder what kind of parents they have?
Although the bathrooms are a bit small, they serve their purpose and are always very clean!! They have new shower curtains which are nice because they let in more light when showering. They used to have towel bars in the bathrooms, but because some parents don't know how to teach their children to respect other people's property, the towel bars were pulled out of the walls by those unruly children!!
Even though the Beachcomber faces Coastal Highway, there is an ocean VIEW from the upper floors off the elevator. AND YES, THEY HAVE AN ELEVATOR, WHICH IS GREAT!!!!
The cleaning staff is very friendly and accommodating, as well. Whatever you need, they will supply it for you every morning on their cleaning rounds. There is enough parking spots for registered guests, only!! So if you lie to the Berry's when making your reservations and they evict you for not abiding by their rules, then that's no one's fault but your own. And trust me, no one will miss you or care if you go and lie to others, somewhere else! The Berry's are doing their job and trying to make their motel comfortable for their REGISTERED guests. If that's not good enough for you trouble-makers, liars, and complainers, take a hike!!!!!!!
We will continue to stay at the Beachcomber each year. We love the place!!
Robin and Nancy

Room Tip: To see the ocean view, reserve rooms on the 4th and 5th floors.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank RotaHoota
Reviewed August 15, 2011

We just came home from Ocean City MD and we didnt make any plans to stay anywhere... My husband stopped at another location to which it was a condo... The lady inside gave us this number to this hotel and said her friend owned it so we called First they were VERY nice and held the room just to see if we liked it! We did and we stayed there for 2days! Second the guy at the front desk seen us a number of times and didnt even forget who we were it was like you were family or been there hundreds of times, he would talk to us and our child... Third they always asked if we were enjoying our stay and if there was anything they could help with! This may have been our 1st trip to OC but its the 1st of many and WE WILL STAY HERE!...

• Stayed: August 2011
4  Thank alk79
Reviewed August 3, 2011

We had an unexpected change of plans and although VERY familiar with Ocean City, our usual place fell through. So, at midnight on 7/29, we were left wandering up and down coastal highway looking for accommodations.

Several of the places we stopped were in the $200 range. We negotiated a rate of $145 + taxes per night for a queen/king kitchenette combo. The room was clean, though sparse. It's not the most recent decorating theme - but servicable since we had 5 people in the room (2 adults, 3 kids) and needed beds to accommodate us all.

The bathroom wasn't the absolute cleanest - but this was acceptable and as I said, it is not a dump... There's a balcony that overlooks coastal highway - this place sits on 75th street ocean block/the corner so it's a decent walk to the beach. There is adequate parking (1 space per room), an elevator, and exterior walk-up entrances that afford privacy since the windows all face in the opposite direction.

Although we didn't have our pet with us, I think I read somewhere that pets were allowed, too. I would definitely stay here again, if I needed a room. The check in/check out was efficient and pleasant. Couldn't really ask for more considering we were desperate and on a budget.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Julie21037
Reviewed July 29, 2011

My sister and I booked a room at the Beachcomber for the two of us in late July 2011. The price was right and the room was also acceptable and spacious. We are two senior women. We were treated nicely during check in. But gentleman who checked us in told us he was not actually a member of the staff. He was just helping out.

On day two we invited my daughter (whose family was staying at a condo one block away)and her three children to come to the pool for a swim. We were the only people at the pool and it was very nice (but small). My sister go out of the pool and was approached through the fence by a man in sunglasses. He asked her "what room are you staying in." She asked him who he was and why he was asking for her room number (considering the security issues). He said he was the owner and pointed to the Beachcomber logo on his shirt. He then asked her how many people were staying in our room. She responded "two." He said to her "you have two people registered, but you take 8, 9 10 people to the pool". (We had 4 additional people with us). Then he began going through a recital of how people register and bring back more people to stay in the room and steal things from the rooms. This simply was not what we had done--my daughter had her own place to stay. I came up to the fence and asked what was wrong. He then said the same thing to me about additional people staying in the rooms and stealing things. I responded if my daughter and grandchildren were not allowed in the pool, we would leave. He said that was not the point and went on again about how people bring more people than are registered and steal from the rooms (he would stop bringing this up, even though we were the only people staying in the room). This was completely insulting, as we are honest people and there was nothing of value in the room to steal (no shampoo, lotion, or coffee (usually provided by most motels). We got our things together and left the pool (we were there less than 45 minutes).

This situation made us very uncomfortable the remainder of our stay. I felt they were watching us closely and we felt threatened by that man and others in the office (all men). We kept the deadbolt on during the night, but took all valuables with us when we went out of the room. I would never recommend the Beachcomber to anyone, ever. The staff does not know how to treat their paying customers by accusing them of things they are not guilty of.

As I said, I am a senior citizen and have never been treated with such lack of respect or suspicision at any hotel/motel in my life. The person who confronted us at the pool area had no people skills and handled this situation poorly. As I said before, I felt uneasy, unsafe and uncomfortable the rest of our stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family