“Loved our condo at Sea Watch”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ocean City
Sea Watch Condominium
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We rented through Century 21 and it was exactly as described. The unit was clean, had a beautiful view, was well maintained and nicely furnished. The staff in the hotel were courteous and helpful. We went the week after labor day and had no problems waiting for elevators. I read all the reviews of this place before I rented this condo and I am really surprised that people are saying such bad things. I will definitely rent here again.

Room Tip: Our condo was on the north side. It got morning sun and was nice and cool in the afternoon.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank muzikgal
There are newer reviews for Sea Watch Condominium

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Great place to stay, need to research Realtor (Century21 New Horizon) website for condos that are updated. These bad reviews are because of the condos not the Sea Watch. Best value in Ocean City, MD. Convenient to everything! Nice staff, efficient. We last stayed in 1014 and loved it, gorgeous condo, immaculate!. Have been there 2 years and no complaints. Pools, beach, common areas all kept beautiful. Shops in lobby should be updated without a doubt and be open later but with store right across the street you can always get what you need. With a doubt great family vacation at the Sea Watch. Ocean City is an amazing place for a vacation offers everything a vacation should and more...OC,MD knows how to do vacation!

Room Tip: Mid-randge or higher, lower floors could be a little noisy near the pool. Pool side view and higher...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank RoseyTee
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We stayed in unit 1606 and upon opening the door to the unit, we were hit with an overwhelming smell of cigarette smoke and mildew. It was unbearable and completely unacceptable, as our rental contract clearly says "non-smoking unit". We immediately went to management and were told "sorry, we'll send the head of housekeeping up". Typical non-caring, lazy response....
So... The "head of housekeeping" was utterly useless. She walked in with a can of $4 Febreeze and sprayed the unit. All the while, arguing with me that the HUGE ashtray that is on the table in the livingroom is "really just a decoration". Unbelievable.

All in all, the condo unit was horrible. Along with the smoky, musty, dirty smell and atmosphere, the rooms are terribly outdated and filthy dirty. I was scared to even shower without my flip flops on.

Advice to anyone looking at staying in a unit at SeaWatch - be very aware and informed of what your unit is like. From what I have seen and heard from other guests - probably 85% of the units are a very far cry from clean, modern and comfortable. If you are willing to pay the $1500+ for a weekly rental - go somewhere else. This place isn't even worth $100!

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank cpfp22
SW13OCMD, SW 13 Owner at Sea Watch Condominium, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2014

Sorry you had a bad experience in your stay at SeaWatch. We agree with the comments that say check out the unit before renting in SeaWatch. We have 2 units in SeaWatch – and they are NOT the unit you are commenting on here. Please check out our units for consideration at SeaWatch in the future: You can read the positive responses posted both here on tripadvisor and on VRBO (listing 187185) and Vacation Rentals (listing 57199) or Google search on “seawatch 13” to find us on facebook. SeaWatch is really a great facility and don’t let one bad unit deter you from coming back to the good units!

Reviewed August 18, 2012

We just got home from our week at Sea Watch Unit 411. Let me tell you..if you are looking for a BEAUTIFUL unit to rent for a week...look no further. This unit was updated in 2011 and is incredible. The owners have thought a lot about what renters will need while away. They spared no expense. It is beautifully tiled, both bathrooms are great and every room has a tv which was nice since everyone likes to watch something different. Even a tv in the master bathroom. In the room with the washer & dryer, they even have chairs, boogie boards, tennis rackets, beach anchor, even a self detergent dispenser. The pull out beds were great too. You couldn't even tell you were on one. I could go on and on but trust me, it was well worth the price you pay. You are 4 stories up and on the side of the building, ocean view but right in front so you have no other units to be in your view. I have seen a few bad reviews about Sea Watch and this is the 5th time I have stayed there. Every unit I have been in has been wonderful. People need to look at the pictures on the website and ask the girls at Century 21 what they think. The girls at Century 21 have always been the best. Smile every time you talk to them. Management takes time to make sure the condo is clean & never a mess. I have never been disappointed with Sea Watch and will continue to return in 2013. And in Unit 411!

Room Tip: Look at pictures. If not available ask the people you book thru.
9  Thank Elaine L
Leslie W, Owner at Sea Watch Condominium, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

As the owner of unit 411, we appreciate the review! We try hard to keep out unit in top shape year round. Feel free to check out our unit on Century 21's website or on Facebook (Sea Watch Condominium Unit 411).

I do see some incorrect information about the placement of the units, so you may want to ask where your unit is located.

I have stayed at the Sea Watch since I was a child (even before we owned this unit). I always knew I wanted to own at the Sea Watch because of the amenities & location. I have stayed at other places, but I always came back to the Sea Watch, especially when it came time to buy.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

The Sea Watch property as a whole is not a bad place at all and that's the only reason I'm not giving a terrible rating. The beach, the pools, the arcade, the tennis courts, basketball courts, playground etc.. are all nice. You can visit this property and stay in a great unit and you will have a wonderful time. Several people in our group stayed in wonderful units, where the owners have obviously taken pride in their property and it showed.

You have to pay to park $40 for the week, but the security is good and I felt fine about leaving my car there.

Unit 206 is a dump! The owner of this unit obviously doesn't give a hoot about the property. The only nice thing about this unit is the master bedrooms bed. It's new and very comfortable. Some of the furniture in the master is new too. The rest of the unit is very dated and disgusting. My wife had to cover the couches and chairs in the den and the living room with sheets because they were so gross. We were going to have our kids sleep on the pull-out bed in the living room until we pulled it out. It was dirty and old and the mattress was nasty.and so compressed that you would be better off sleeping on the floor. Unfortunately, the carpet throughout the whole unit is dirty and stained so we wouldn't even let our kids sit on it. The bathrooms are old, dirty and stained. The 1970's wall paper is peeling and there is mold growing under it. The kitchen is old and dated as well. If you like old peeling wall paper from the 70's, original formica counter-tops and linoleum floors you'll love the kitchen. The second bedroom is like a cave and the bedding and furniture were nasty. We wouldn't use a single pillow or blanket or bed spread in the unit. We found nasty hairs everywhere. We even found a used Q-tip in the chest of drawers. NASTY!

Overall, the unit is terrible and I would NEVER recommend that anyone stay in Unit 206.

Room Tip: Do your research and make sure you find reviews about the specific room you are renting. Each unit...
2  Thank JetBlueDriver

Reviewed August 14, 2012

After making reservations several months ago,my family and i checked into seawatch and we given a notice stating that there were two cases of LEGIONNAIRE'S disease linked directly to this building.We were not notified of this ,despite Calwell Banker having this information for month's before our arrival.The notice we recieved upon arrivial stated to lower the risk of infrction we should not drink the water or shower,sponge bath's only!After informing Caldwell Banker that i would not be willing to put my family at risk,they were no help at all in assisting us in finding a safe place for my family to stay,and in fact made the process of getting a refund a nighmare.In short our vacation was ruined.I would never stay here and would certainly not recommend using a company that is willing to put the public at risk.I won't even get inti the fact that the condo was filthy and the ten minutes we spent in it was too long.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank david d
Reviewed August 12, 2012

You can tell this place is dated and needs some upgrades. The unit we were in (1007) had some cleanliness issues and some things did not work properly. The pull out sofa in the den had a bunch of crumbs all over it. One of the couch cushions had a tear in it. There was some kind of nasty looking growth coming from the master bathroom ceiling above the toilet. The outlet in the hallway bathroom did not work. The refrigerator did not seem to cool very well.

The floors were filthy. Our feet/socks were black. Disgusting. The entry door is all beat to hell and rusting. We were told the laundry was "in" the unit, not in a separate room outside in the hall. The mattress covers and blankets had stains on them. I know some of this is the owner responsibility, but the property owners need to do some upgrades. The patio light was also burned out.

The playground is nice and there are nice tennis courts and a basketball court. There are 2 pools (1 indoor and 1 outdoor). There is also a decent gameroom/billiards room. There is also a gift shop and a little sandwich/ice cream shop on ground level.

i was impressed with the amount of luggage carts available. Usually, most places I go, there are 3 or 4 to fight over. Security at the parking garage was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: We had view of ocean and bay. Pretty nice balcony.
1  Thank Macungie_PATrum