“FABULOUS food and terrific atmosphere”
Review of Liquid Assets

Liquid Assets
Ranked #6 of 441 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: "Best dinner out experience !!" My favorite place to go out for either just cocktails or dinner. It's an experience like no other. Great concept!! They always have new specials and of course the famous cheese plates... A must try... Anne-Marie M, Ocean City
Reviewed November 22, 2009

Are you just visiting OC? Then you must not miss this place. GREAT bar for chatting, drinking and eating. Terrific dining areas: dark and moody wine cellar room or wine and beer store room .... two settings to fit your mood. Ask anyone local and they will know this place well.

1  Thank Summerlanding

Reviewed November 15, 2009

If you've never been to Liquid Assets, and you love wine, you surely need to check this out. The bar sits in the middle of the store so you are surrounded by bottles & bottles of wines & liquor. While it may sound odd, the affect is more like a California vineyard tasting bar. There is some soft seating available surrounding the bar if you want a cozier place to chat. There is also a separate dining room for those who want a quieter experience.

We tried this restaurant twice. First, we decided to try the $8 lunch special & were very pleasantly rewarded. You chose 2 selections from a list of about 10 or 12 items including soups, salads, pasta, meats and dips. I tried the butternut squash soup & the spinach salad and both were a treat!

We visited again for just a glass of wine in the evening & ended up ordering off the cheese plate menu. Our selections were complemented by some dried fruits, jam and small toasts. It was better than dessert!

This is a cool little venue that is well worth the trip.

3  Thank Leesem25
Reviewed October 19, 2009

Went to this restaurant because of the great reviews on TA. This place really is a bar/restaurant surrounded by a liquor store. The staff was friendly and, not being a wine expert, helped my wife and I find a great bottle of red wine. We got the cheese board with three different cheeses. I recommend this and I also recommend getting some of the cheddar cheeses. We got the Grafton and another cheddar made from irish cow's milk. Very good! We also split the BBQ pork sandwich. We were seated immediately but the wait for food was pretty long, but the enjoyment of the atmosphere definitely made up for the wait. I highly recommend visiting Liquid Assets if you get the chance.

2  Thank shoffy66
Reviewed October 9, 2009

I have two friends who constantly rave about this place so we were pretty psyched to finally go here. I have been to Kirbys Pub next door and Lombardis over the years but never stepped into LA. I honestly thought it was a liquor store for the longest time.

First of all I think its a pretty cool concept. The bar is directly in the middle of a Beer and Wine store with little tables and couches all around the room. There is a separate room on the side if yo want to get away from the bar patrons. We were with the kids so after a long wait we got a table on the other side. The staff seems alot more interested in whats going on with the bar custimers than what happens at the tables. There were a large amount of wine drinking patrons at the bar doing shots and generally being loud. This is not something I normally care about but it was like 6 PM and we were there for a nice meal. The Menu was very limited and not what I'd call child friendly. The kids got burgers which were just OK and overpriced. We all liked the Cheese platter. The entrees were pretty ordinary and it took a long time to get them. I had an overdone steak with potato hash that was unimpressive. Dinner and a few drinks for 2 adults and 2 kids...$125..Should went to the Bull across the street. We will try it again at the bar...but we will leave the kids at home...Maybe next time?

1  Thank PhillyRose420
Reviewed October 7, 2009

Absolutely my favorite restaurant in the DE/MD beach area, and has been for years! I live in rehoboth so don't get down that much but every time I'm in OC i must go! Everything from the ambiance to the food is amazing, and the prices are good! Def recommend the cheese and antipasto boards, a must have every time I'm there!!