“Limited menu and rude service”
Review of Liquid Assets

Liquid Assets
Ranked #12 of 447 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: "Best dinner out experience !!" My favorite place to go out for either just cocktails or dinner. It's an experience like no other. Great concept!! They always have new specials and of course the famous cheese plates... A must try... Anne-Marie M, Ocean City
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We came here having read some of the good reviews....somehow we missed the poor ones. I was excited because there were so many oyster dishes among other unique and interesting ones on the online menu. When we arrived, the menu presented was about one fourth of the online one. I asked our server about any oyster dishes and she said there were none. I mentioned the online menu and she said she would have to ask her manager ...but never did. Eventually we just ordered the special... a rather tasteless dish with little flavor, seemingly steamed, bland with no distinct taste. That would have been passable, but the attitude was prohibitive. I asked what the country of origin of the various wines might be. I have rarely seen a wine list that does not note this. Annoyed, she told me my question was not clear as I had first asked about one of the wines and then offered I would be amenable to any Chilean, Argentinian, Italian, or French wine. Again she said she would have to ask her manager, but remained there waiting for our order. This time. I told her I would wait for her to ask him. Visibly aggravated, she left and returned to rattle off countries so fast that it was impossible to follow her. That may have been the point. I did not want to continue this awkward and untenable interchange, so just settled for one of the wines. When it arrived, it was clearly not what I had ordered. I knew the wine. There was no point in debating this so we just continued with the meal. By dessert, I was ready to try again. The greatly advertised specialty cake, however, was only available in peanut. .. no chocolate raspberry, coconut, etc. Allergic to peanuts, I talked with my dinner companion as she enjoyed her dessert. As I did so, I had the opportunity to look around the room. Appalled at the filth of the carpets, I began coughing as one of the waitstaff apparently decided this was a good time to sweep up mounds of dirt and dust from them while we were still eating. By the time we were ready to leave, I could not wait to do so. But we had to wade through the bar area where some people at various stages of inebriation greeted us in colorful ways. My overall impression of this restaurant was one of true carelessness and disrespect for the customer, the wines, the dining experience. I will never return for that reason alone more than because of the overpriced limited cuisine.

4  Thank M C

Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Driven past this location and finally went in to check it out. Unique concept. Bar, bistros, liquor store combination. Sat at the bar and ordered a cheese and meat plate while picking a bottle of champagne out of the fridge area ($10 cork fee) and enjoyed the ambiance. Dinner menu was a little limited, but came back for cocktails latter that evening. Will be back for the mussels.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

The secret is out. Liquid Assets (referred to as LA by locals in order to keep it a secret from tourists) has the best Burger with large cut 'French Fries' (known as 'chips' to us British travelers) in AMERICA. Did you hear what I said- 'in AMERICA'. And I've sampled some awesome burgers, believe me. But this is just too good a deal ($10) not to pass on. Put the Burger on your 'bucket list' as a gourmet item not to be missed. Love love love this restaurant. I give it a six out of five. Did I say I love this restaurant?

1  Thank TheTypewriter2014
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Bad news....very long wait for a table

Good news...very friendly and knowledgable server....many unique and enjoyable menu items...overall, a very enjoyable dining experience...pricing quite reasonable

Next time...will only go when confident the wait will not be so long...

Reviewed October 7, 2013

We visited Liquid Assets because their sign out front advertised pumpkin martinis. I love anything pumpkin, so I had to try one of those. The restaurant/bar was crowded; we had to stand at a barrel in the back, but it was OK. It was a popular place, for sure. I'm from Virginia, so I've never seen a place where you can eat and drink AND buy whatever liquor you might want or need to stock up on. Pretty cool concept, Maryland! If/when I return to OC MD, I'll also return to Liquid Assets to try the food.