“Great service and family friendly”

We can't find prices for this hotel
The Beachmark Motel
Ranked #68 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
“Great service and family friendly”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Relaxing pool right next to all the rooms, but closes early enough so people swimming wont wake you up. Maid service came back if we weren't out of the room yet. Unfortunately, the location is about a 10 min bus ride to the boardwalk, which costs a dollar one way

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank LeittenJ

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
York, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We visited Ocean City for a couple days in late June 2012. The room seemed extremely clean, housekeeping was polite and the location to the beach was great. Parking wasn't a problem and there is a nice large pool. On our last morning there, we woke up to find there was a mouse(attempting to escape a mouse trap) in our room. When we called the front desk, they asked if the trap was ours(It wasn't so it must have been left from the previous guest. I think housekeeping should have noticed). As they took care of the problem, we decided to have breakfast at their diner 'General's Kitchen.' Don't eat there...it was horrible. The menu is overpriced, some of the food seemed re-heated and my boyfriend and I agreed it was probably the worst breakfast we both have ever had...bubble guts for the next 2 days. We recommend if you rent an efficiency, use it. When leaving, the hotel staff did not ask how our stay was. We would have told them it was great if it weren't for the last day.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank KenandChelle
Topton, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed July 8, 2012

For the shore, this place is pretty good. Super close to the beach, big pool, and close to a couple decent restaurants. The room was clean and parking was not an issue. Beds could have been better and the stairs were steep but def. a good stay. Will stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Meredith D
Falls Church, Virginia
Reviewed July 6, 2012

This is not very fancy, but perfectly suitable for the beach. Easy beach access, a little further from the honky-tonk area, rooms are fine -- you don't feel too bad walking in w/ sandy feet. I think everyone has a balcony for hanging towels, and there is a nice big pool, as well as tables and umbrellas around. My daughter's soccer team stayed here, and it was fun to hang at the pool after the hot day, order some pizzas and chill out. Our room had a full size fridge, sink, and 2 burner stove - could be convenient if you are staying any length of time. A couple of inexpensive restaurants within walking distance. All in all, satisfied - we'd stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Patty L
York
Reviewed July 6, 2012

The Beachmark is an okay hotel/motel for Ocean City Md. Nothing fancy. No frills. But it has a nice pool and a really good restaurant for breakfast. The rooms were old and need updated. The bed was ugh. But it was clean. Would I stay here again? Probably because I did like the location and the pool.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank mamam55
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Never staying here again.... The parking is probably the worst issue this place has. Don't bother contacting hotel management about non permitted vehicles parking in permit lots. They have no system in place to see wat vehicle are listed jnder actual guests. Noisiest A/C I ever been around. The fire department is directly across the corner from hotel. Had a thunderstorm last night and water came in under the door on the 3rd floor. No dividers in room so very limited in room privacy. TV is bolted to dresser so don't count on convienence of in room comfort. Place isn't that bad. I'm more irritated with the fact that out of 27 different trips to ocean city this is the bottom of the spectrum for my experiences. P.s. The wifi rarely works...

• Stayed June 2012

Travelers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

Alexandria, Virginia, United States
Reviewed June 2, 2012

I have not yet had the opportunity to stay at the Beachmark, but I wanted to warn others about the inflexibility and impracticality of the cancellation policy at this establishment. Their cancellation policy is a 100% forfeiture of the deposit if the cancellation is made less than 7 days prior to stay, regardless of circumstances.

Now, that is all fine and good, and I understand I agreed to it. However, after having a last minute emergency, my group went from needing 2 rooms to only one. I called 6 days in advance to see if we could work something out, and no dice. I understand policies are policies for a reason, but my issue comes here: when I asked if I would be in the same situation whether I cancelled 6 days in advance, or when we showed up at the motel, I was told yes, but it would be NICE of me to cancel now so they could rent the room to someone else, since they are booked up. The representative knows fully well that they are highly likely to rebook that room in the next 6 days, and they are simply being greedy wanting to be able to charge someone else full price for the room, and keep my deposit, essentially getting paid double for the room.

In my opinion, this was incredibly poor customer service and business policy, and I would not recommend that others do business with this motel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends