“Car Show Oct 10-13 2013” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Madison Beach Motel

Madison Beach Motel
Ranked #20 of 107 Hotels in Ocean City
Hagerstown, Maryland
“Car Show Oct 10-13 2013”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stated at the Madison Beach Motel on 10/10-10/13. This is just your basic room, but you are in OC and you are out more than you are in. The service is great....friendly employees....coffee 24 hours free in the lobby. Housekeeping was great, room was nice and clean. Little musty but I had my frebreeze with me. Totally enjoyed the rainy trip...you can't determine how Mother Nature will be. But all in all it was a great trip and the room and staff at the Motel was awesome. Thanks to each and everyone of you.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank tigerlily09

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Clean room, friendly staff, new pool, and close to the 'action' part of O.C. What more can you ask for? I go to the beach for fun in the sun and of course, the food. The staff were helpful in their recommendations, always smiling, and looking out to enhance my visit. If you want five star, then go get five star. If you want a good place close to everythihg then stay here.

Room Tip: Rooms by the pool look newer if that really means anything. Being close to the pool is probably bett...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Wilton, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We booked the motel on line, relying on the TA reviews. This is the smallest area we've occupied. One wall was block, the painted wall look ok but the paint is bubbled or cracked in places. We also could not get the internet connection to work. And, after looking at my feet and showering, I shuffled to the bed with my towel and looking at the towel after that short trip I took to wearing my crocs inside. That rarely happens. The location is excellent and the staff are very friendly, there was no mold in our shower, but not many good channels on TV. So, all in all an average stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Bridgeport, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

A whole bunch of us stayed there because we were boat racing.... We all think we got "duped" by the pictures of the place. It looks decent online with the pictures provided.. but it isn't. We got there late, and there weren't many choices during this time of year so we got "punked".. . there was a decent TV. that's it.. The air conditioners were set at 68 to keep the dampness out, but they wouldn't get cold.. I felt like I had a cool sweat going on the whole time.. one of the beds in our room was at an angle. I had a room upstairs with a carpet, the people downstairs that had rooms had tile in them which you think would of helped but it was worse on the bottom floor rooms.. some rooms had water damage warping from the old paneling that was painted. I unleashed a whole can of Lysol in my room, it helped for a day but then went back to stinking. I cleaned out the air conditioner vents in my room and a few of my friends, and that didn't help.. we were going to change our room the next day and the maid told me that they all smell the same. she was nice enough to give me a bottle of anti- stink stuff that she was using on the other rooms, but it did not work.. she knocked on my door and asked me if I needed maid service and the room was just so freaking small I said give me fresh towels instead. well, all the towels had a nasty grey tint to them.. like they still had everyones dead skin embedded in them and they were all rough. my friend in another room had bed bug bites all over his stomach. another friend in another room had the end of the cord of his cell phone that was laying in his bed and the maid left a pre printed message saying that she couldn't change the room due to personal property left on the bed.. PERSONAL PROPERTY?? that's it just the phone charger cord and she would not make the bed, he would have to call back and remove the phone cord...another friend was smart, checked in, opened the door to the room, and then left.. he couldn't handle the smell. There was another message from a former guest in one of the windows that obviously had been sitting there for a while that said "This place is disgusting, they had a roach, bed bugs, and never ever again. I wish I saw that before everyone had sucked it up and checked in there.. Everyone's clothes stunk from this place. if you have any bit of allergies this is not the place for you. and you need to not bring your luggage back into your home, you will be coming back with more than you left with.. wash everything first.... just disgusting..

Room Tip: go to another hotel.. that's my travelers tip..
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
6 Thank Alextweet
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Motel is nice front desk people excellent , but rooms ate too small , shower very narrow , we can't change that , but they can change , make sure that bed is clean without long hair , a bathroom door u can't lock , in the motel web site they offers free wi-fi I'm never can connect I try the password but
never work.

• Stayed October 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Rooms were cleaned properly staff was very nice location was good close to a lot of things pool looked really nice and clean I had a good stay here ill be coming here again ! Prices were good !!! I would deff recommend this place to anyone who goin on vacation and wants a decent place !

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Mikeoutkast
DebbyOCRooms, Manager at Madison Beach Motel, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Hi Mike,
What a wonderful review! It's truly rewarding to know that we reached our goal of total guest satisfaction and that you found everything just as it should be. Thanks for taking the time out of your schedule to review us. We can't wait to have you as our guest again.

Debby
Oswego, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

You pay for. Booked this hotel online after reading a bunch of reviews online. Most of the stuff I found was all "good" reviews....only thing that's was said was rooms were on the smaller side. No big deal who goes on a vacation to stay in the room?? So I took a chance and thought it would be fine.
The room was small....with title floor, the bathroom was the size of a closet...very small. After walking on the title floor with my socks on the bottoms of them were some dirty they looked like they were black socks. There was mold in the shower, stains on the walls.
I when to the desk & told them I'm not staying it this place and would like my money back. The front desk was more than willing to give me a full refund and said they "understand" like this happens often.
I when next door to the sleep inn & told the lady at the desk about what happen....she said we get a lot of people coming over from there saying the same thing.
I would NOT recommend this place for a family.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank NYtravler49
Hi NY Traveler,
I'm so sorry that your stay was less than excellent. I remember speaking to you upon departure personally. It appears you misunderstood my response to your early checkout. I have a lot of pride in the Madison Beach Motel and as you can read by the majority of reviews, it is a clean motel with an outstanding staff. There are times, however, in all honesty, that we make a mistake and something will slip through the cracks. My "understanding" was not that it happens all the time, it was that you were unhappy and wanted to leave. My wish is that the Madison Beach could fulfill every guests' expectations, and when it does not, my desire is that the guest still enjoys their time in Ocean City, even if it is not with us.

I would like to note that the room is freshly painted and I saw no signs of stains or mold. I appreciate you taking the time to review us. Please don't hesitate to contact me at 410-289-6282 if I might be of further assistance.
Debby