“Betty S.”

Ranked #26 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Youngstown, Ohio
“Betty S.”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Joe, a worker their was very nice,helpful,and friendly. The motel room was small but served its purpose. The linen was clean but carpet needed scrubed. The pool was nice. Water was clean. The owner needs to up date.

1 Thank bsharpe39
DebbyOCRooms, Manager at Madison Beach Motel, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Hi Betty,
Thank you for your review. Joe makes quite an impression on our guests, we are so lucky to have him. I appreciate your comments and hope that you will visit us again in the very near future.

Debby

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for three nights at the end of July and it was perfect for the price. The room was perfect size for just the two of us, the bed sheets and bathroom were clean and the staff was very nice. It may not look very nice from the outside, but the inside is really nice. For the price and location it is a good deal. If your looking for a room that's clean with nice staff I definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Amill726
I'm so pleased you had such a great time here at the Madison Beach and found everything to be clean and the staff friendly. I'm thrilled to report that we have a lot of ideas in mind for possibly updating the exterior this year. Stay tuned, and visit us again soon.

Uniontown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for the first time this trip to OceanCity. The rooms are a little small but it was just my husband and 2 younger kids. The bathroom is very small but served its purpose and was clean. The terrace was nice to watch the fireworks on mon and tues nights.We were very close to the pool and it was nice. It had some patio tables and chairs also a lot of lounge chairs. The pool water was perfect and great for our kids Bc it only went to5 foot deep. The atmosphere was very family friendly. Our maid was very nice and on top of anything we asked for. The location is only one block to the beach. You just have to cross Baltimore ave and walk right up to the boardwalk.the price was good especially for the location. Will definitely stay here again and refer to a friend. Also you can tell it has had some new paint and tv upgrade. Older place but very we'll maintained.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank chriskelly73011
Hi Chris,
Thank you for choosing us for the first time this year, it's wonderful to hear that you will be returning. I appreciate your kind comments on our cleanliness and maintenance of the motel.
Isn't it great to sit on our sundeck and enjoy the fireworks? How lucky are we to have that right across the street and the best seats in the house here!
2014 rates will be available soon, please give us a call when you are ready to reserve for next year.

Gaithersburg, Maryland
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Our recent trip to Ocean City, MD could not have been better; our stay at Madison was top notch, Rates were great for mid July. Great staff, Don made us feel welcome from the minute we arrived. Friendly and fun staff. We arrived early and were able to park in the motel parking lot right away; we were called when our room (nice and clean) was ready. Check in is 3pm but we got a call at 2pm that the room was ready. . Clean and Comfortable. Perfect location, 1 block from the boardwalk and beach. Nice clean pool. We stayed 3 nights and wished we could stay longer. Another great perk, we checked out at check out time 11:00am but were able to stay parked in the motel parking lot until 3pm. So we got to enjoy the beach a little longer. I highly recommend Madison Beach Motel and will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor near the ice machine and office. Room 123, we were able to park right in...
1 Thank Maureen K
Hi Maureen,
Thank you so much for the great recommendation. I'm pleased you found us to be clean,fun and friendly with a great location. Glad you were able to take advantage of our early check in feature as well as the extended parking hours upon check out. Please give us a call when you are ready to reserve for next year, we can't wait to have you as our guests again.

Morgantown, West Virginia
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We got to the room and it was nice, but small. Manageable for a couple days when we were only in the room to shower and sleep. We had a room with two double beds and had 4 people. It was clean and we were satisfied...
...Until the 2nd night we were there. Our friends below us got locked in their room for 1 hour. We were heading out and we got delayed by an hour because the staff was not quick to let them out at all. What if there was a fire? Granted they had a window, but still an hour to get to them? It was nonsense.
And then there was the day we left. I packed my things, headed to the car, returned the key to the front desk- to the awesome older man :) - and then remembered my tablet I had forgotten in the room that I hadn't used the entire weekend. So i saw my house keeper in my room and ran up there and said I left my tablet. After me looking for it twice (just to my satsifaction of checking the room twice) she became billigerant. Yelling at me saying she already cleaned the room and that it wasn't in there. Cursing, and being very rude. So my opinion? You have a guilty conscience.
Proceeded to go down to the front desk to let them know, and they said they would keep an eye out for it. Thats all they said. No telling the manager, no offering to look for it, no offering to search the house keeper. Long story short, i called the manager and she said there was nothing she could do about it and the house keeper has never had an allegation against her. Well, theres a first time for everything.
So, housekeeper, I really hope you enjoyed my tablet for that hour until I had it deactivted and reported it stolen. Karma will get you.

Needless to say, all in all, the room was good. The staff was not. Keep your stuff locked in your car people.

Room Tip: A/C was on 60 the entire time and the room was til about 75 degrees. Don't get a room without a...
1 Thank Brooke R
Hi Brook,
I'm sorry that you never found your tablet, neither did we. As discussed in our conversations, this has not occurred here before,nor has it since, so I'm at a loss as to what may have happened. I'm hoping it turned up in your belongings. I appreciate your honest comments about the room and hope in time you will reconsider and visit us again. Please don't hesitate to contact me at 410-289-6282 if I might be of additional assistance.

Bear, Delaware
Reviewed July 24, 2013

This was the first time in OC, MD and the hotel was so close to the boardwalk and ocean. The entire staff was very friendly and welcoming! We arrived early and they called us at 1:20pm to let us know our room was ready. Our parking ticket was given to us as soon as we arrived and we were able to park there while strolling along the boardwalk waiting to be called. The swimming pool was clean and so was the room. It was a wonderful experience! Thank you Madison Beach Motel for making this a wonderful memory.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Noemi T
Hi Noemi,

I'm so pleased you chose the Madison Beach Motel for your inaugural visit to Ocean City! It's rewarding to read your positive comments on the friendliness of the staff. We want each guest to feel welcomed, enjoy their vacation and leave with plans to visit again. I'm glad you enjoyed our early check in feature, we love offering it. 2014 rates will be available soon, give us a call when you are ready to reserve for next year. We look forward to your return.

Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed July 19, 2013

This was perfect for our weekend at the beach. We could walk to the boardwalk & beach. Our room was small, but did have a fridge & microwave...the location & price were just right. Robin & Tosha were very friendly and very pleasant. It is nice when a hotel has friendly staff.

2 Thank RanMC
I'm so glad you enjoyed your time at the Madison Beach Motel. We really appreciate you taking the time to fill out a review and say such kind things about the staff. They work so hard to give each guest a positive experience.
I hope you'll visit us again in the very near future.