“Best Motel For the price and wonderful staff.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Madison Beach Motel

Madison Beach Motel
Ranked #24 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Severna Park, Maryland
“Best Motel For the price and wonderful staff.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

One of the nices staff and the atmosphere to make my stay one that i would remonmend to any one looking for a clean and comforable room and a staff that was there to make you feel very welcome would not hesitate to book at this motel again , The price was great and the staff was the best. Bill that night was the night time mananger and was doing every thing to make me feel welcome . Yes the room was small but very clean and when needed extra items there was not a problem Coffee was available 24...7. freshly made, So please first check out room and staff before making a descision on where to stay, I would rate Madison Motel a 95 as to me that means they did make my stay one i won't for get Thanks Bill. .

Room Tip: Do your self a favor and save alot of cash,
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank mary ellen j
DebbyOCRooms, Manager at Madison Beach Motel, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind review Mary Ellen. We here at the Madison Beach work very hard to provide clean, comfortable rooms and believe in going the "extra mile" for guest satisfaction!

We look forward to your next visit. Please don't hesitate to call me personally if I might ever be of assistance.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

our first experience taking our yorkie to ocean city. the room they gave us was for us and our dog. our dog got stressed out because she didnot like being in the small room. the room was tile and was dirty and sandy I told the night manager bill [...] who was very nice. he said he would have it taken care of which never happened. the bathroom door was not able to shut, the shower was very small,no phone in the room,could not watch the ravens game because they had no access to a sports channel,this upset me also. the second morning we were there my wife and I went to breakfast. the manager debbie [...] called me on my cell phone as we were ready to order and told me I better come back to the motel to get my dog that she was barking and scratching the door and did not want my dog destoying the room which she denied saying what she said! I told her my dog does not destroy anything. she also said my dog scratched the door which i looked at and ther were no marks on the door except dirt that was there when we arrived. when talking to debbie [...] i found her to be very unfriendly and a liar. Like they other reviews spend a few dollars more at some other motel or hotel you wont regret it. my wife and stayed at different places in ocean city this was the worst motel, what makes me laugh is they said it was recently renovated. REMEMBER THIS MOTEL ACCEPTS DOGS! Salvatore G.

Room Tip: stay away from madison beach motel
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Gina G
DebbyOCRooms, Manager at Madison Beach Motel, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
While I appreciate you taking the time to write a review, I must dispute your version of events.

As I exited the lobby, I heard a dog barking and followed the sound to the door of your room only steps away. The dog was barking incessantly and scratching the door. The guest next door stated that it had been ongoing. At this point I made the courtesy call to you stating that your dog was in distress and asked you to come back to attend to its needs. You stated it was the first time you had left her in a hotel room alone and even thanked me for my call. At no time, as witnessed by two staff members, did I mention the words "destroying the room" or treat you with disrespect. To call me a "liar" is uncalled for and untrue.

Bill did agree that you asked for your floor to be swept, but when you returned to the lobby you stated that your wife had already taken care of it and his service was unneeded. We gladly would have taken care of any needs you had, including the bathroom door, had we been given the opportunity. There are a few rooms with tile floors, which are designated pet rooms for obvious reasons.

I invite any future guests with questions regarding our pet policy to call me.
NEW YORK CITY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

First time in Ocean City MD but wished I would have decided to pay a few more dollars, at least I would have gotten more for my money. The room was right across from property light and blinds and all it still shined into my room! Window above AC has no curtain and my luck, also a property light across there which shined into my room too! Kept bathroom door closed because another window that allowed light in as well! Pillows too flat! No sports or local channels on Flatscreen tv. Had to pay 25 cents everytime I needed ice for my drink, yes there was a small refrigerator but really? Every room was booked and you must charge for ice?! Coffee in lobby at all times, ok at least that was free. Free Wi-Fi ! Small pool. Staff was very friendly. 5 minutes to boardwalk...fabulous!! 7 Eleven around the corner from hotel...awesome! Dont look for breakfast..no one offers it even though the signs are on their windows! Really?! Thank You 7 Eleven for coming to the rescue!

Room Tip: Make sure no property lights are directly across the room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank HELGA428
DebbyOCRooms, Manager at Madison Beach Motel, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
I'm sorry to hear that your stay was less than stellar. I am, however, happy to report that I will be looking into the possibility of window coverings for those small windows this winter. I agree we need a sports channel and am also researching those as well. Extra pillows are always available and we do try to replace any that are not up to our standards. I'm sorry we were unaware of your dissatisfaction, so that we could have made some things right for you while you were here. We never want any guest to leave without a smile and a completely happy stay.

Thank you for your compliments and insight. It is through concerned guests such as yourself that we are to see where we might be falling short of your expectations and our goals.

I hope you visit us again in the near future. Please call me directly to reserve.
Berwick, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

After having an awful night at our first hotel, we checked into the Madison for the remainder of our vacation, and luckily, this motel was great! The rooms aren't huge, but they were big enough for what we needed - a place to sleep, change clothes, and spend an hour out of the sun - and very comfortable! They were very clean, and the bathrooms were well kept. Housekeeping was very friendly, as were all the staff we dealt with, which always makes you feel better. The location is very convenient, close to a 7-11, and right across the street from the busy part of the Boardwalk. Free Wi-Fi is handy, we did find that it came in best when we were sitting outside our rooms, but you don't mind it too much when it's so nice outside. Overall, for the price, this place is great, perfect for a family vacation. I would definitely consider another stay here!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank berwickgal
Thank you so much for your kind review. It gives us great satisfaction to know that we have succeeded in making your vacation a happy getaway!

Looking forward to your next visit. Please let me know if I might ever be of service.
Silver Spring, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

Needed room for three adults, three double beds was great. Small room, shower not very comfortable (way too small), good to have refrigerator and microwave, proximity to beach and boardwalk is great. Coffee available in lobby 24 hours, but might have been nicer to have a coffee pot in the room.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Gail M
DebbyOCRooms, Manager at Madison Beach Motel, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
Gail,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Madison Beach and for leaving a review.

I agree the room with 3 beds is roomy, I wish we had more!

I appreciate your comments and hope we have you as our guest again in the near future.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

First thing id like to say is OMG! My bathroom at home is bigger than this entire room! Wish we would have looked online at reviews and photos before selecting this.

Don't get me wrong, we didn't spend a huge amount of time in our room, but when we did, the four of us that stayed here were falling all over one another. No room for luggage. No where to hang wet bathing suits or towels unless you used the railing out side.

Lack of mirrors was a big deal. No phone to call the office. Towels seemed like they were really old. Paper thin. Same with the pillows. I don't think they use fabric softner for any of the linens. Lack of pillows was an issue. Tv was nice but we only got a few channels. We were never given the wifi password. Good thing I had 3G on my phone.

Pros were the location and the friendliness of the ladies in the office. Housekeeping wasn't always friendly but we barely seen them so it wasn't a huge deal.

We spent $320 for two nights. I expected something a lot bigger. Pool was very convenient for the days that we didn't feel like having sand in our bathing suits.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank KaitlinByrnes
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

Sand in the room, booked 3 months in advanced and was over charged. Payed more then a walkin. The toilet broke 3 times while I was there. Every room had carpet except mine and when I asked if I could be switched to a carpeted room, they replied with that they use that room for walkins and one nighters. I was booked for 4 nights and had planned this for 3 months. WORST VACATION EVER!!!!

Room Tip: Do not stay in OC, Maryland. People are taking your money. Never got my change from 3 restaurants an...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Nikki M
Nikki,

Thank you for taking the time to place a review of the Madison Beach Motel.

We do have 14 rooms with tile floors. Curiously enough, some people prefer them , some do not. It's unfortunate that we did not have a carpeted room to move you to.

I'm sorry for the unhappy stay, it is our goal to be sure each guest leaves with a smile and fond memories. If you are so inclined, could you give me a call at 410-289-6282 to discuss your visit and how we might be able to make it up to you? Looking forward to hearing from you.