“WORST PLACE”

Madison Beach Motel
Ranked #28 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Sand in the room, booked 3 months in advanced and was over charged. Payed more then a walkin. The toilet broke 3 times while I was there. Every room had carpet except mine and when I asked if I could be switched to a carpeted room, they replied with that they use that room for walkins and one nighters. I was booked for 4 nights and had planned this for 3 months. WORST VACATION EVER!!!!

Room Tip: Do not stay in OC, Maryland. People are taking your money. Never got my change from 3 restaurants an...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Nikki M
DebbyOCRooms, Manager at Madison Beach Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2012

Nikki,

Thank you for taking the time to place a review of the Madison Beach Motel.

We do have 14 rooms with tile floors. Curiously enough, some people prefer them , some do not. It's unfortunate that we did not have a carpeted room to move you to.

I'm sorry for the unhappy stay, it is our goal to be sure each guest leaves with a smile and fond memories. If you are so inclined, could you give me a call at 410-289-6282 to discuss your visit and how we might be able to make it up to you? Looking forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Room very small. On a rainy day, don't even think about the possibility of staying in the room.

Pool very small. If a couple of customer uses it, you cannot enjoy the pool.

The motel needs to be refresh. It doesn't look very nice when we get there (and they say that it has been improved!)

No phone in the room and no access to a phone.

No place to hang our wet clothes or towel after a day at the beach, unless you have a room on the second floor, which is what you want to do if you decide to go there.

AC is very loud, you are in between 2 very busy roads, and you can hear people from the other rooms IF they are louder than usual (People having a little too much to drink).

Internet was not working in our room. So much for free Wi Fi !

Good side:

Very close to the beach and the Pier, where all the action is.

The staff was very nice.

The room was clean.

There is a 7/11 right on the other side of the motel.

You go there because it is one of the cheapest place to stay.

Room Tip: Get a room on the second level.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Hudon

Thank you for reviewing the Madison Beach Motel. I'm truly sorry that the WiFi was not working in your room, I was not aware and could have corrected this right away. Additionally, I would have gladly repaired/replaced the air conditioner for you as well. While I agree these things should not have happened, unfortunately things do break, but we always get them corrected for you, our valued guests.

I appreciate your kind comments noting our cleanliness, hospitable staff and great location. If you are ever in the area again, I hope that you will give the Madison Beach Motel another try!

Reviewed August 6, 2012

I consider myself to be pretty simple, I don't need the bells and whistles and I'll gladly give them up for a better price. However, next time I will definitely spend a little extra money for somewhere better. The location of this hotel is great (right on 1st st just a few minute walk to the beach and boardwalk), but that's where the perks stop. The rooms are small, and lack a clean and updated feeling. Although I read that the hotel was rennovated in recent years, it is still very dated. The room we had had 3 painted paneled walls and a conrete block wall. The bathroom was somewhat clean but was old and could use a deep cleaning. The shower is very tiny, the shower head is some odd contraption that sprays water everywehere. The sink was super low with an awkward metal tray above. There is only ONE mirror in the entire room (which is in the very small, very hot and steamy bathroom). We had mildew and mold on our air conditioner which was disgusting. The beds were okay, some stains on the boxspring, I didn't dare to really look hard. There is no clock in the room, but there is a flat screen tv (with about 5 useful channels), a nice mini fridge and microwave. Attempting to get around the room, to find places for luggage, and a place to hang wet clothes and towels is near impossible. The pool had a green tint to it and was not inviting. We were politely informed that housekeeping comes at 9am...insinuating that we should be out of the room or prepared etc. Although we were early risers, that felt extremely rude that housekeeping was just "coming" at 9 in the MORNING!? There is an ice machine, which you have to pay 25 cents for each small bucket of ice. We had housekeeping come in the room once (because we were trying to get ready the first time and just asked for towels) however, all she did was drop off towels, pick up the dirty towels, and change the trash; our beds were still unmade and nothing else was cleaned.

I really am not a complainer, but this place was ridiculous. The price and location were two pluses but I would definitely never stay here again. There was a nice Sleep Inn and Suites beside it that I might try...or anywhere else.

Room Tip: If you stay here, definitely choose something on the second floor, that way you won't have stomp...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Caroline,

It's always disheartening to hear of an unsatisfied guest. We, here at the Madison Beach work very hard to ensure that each and every guest has an enjoyable experience, and it appears we have failed you. I only wish that I could have had an opportunity to fix things for you while you were here so that you would have had an enjoyable stay.

The motel was renovated last year. We replaced the furniture, carpets, beds, TV's, linens and lamps. Each day there is an ongoing process of painting and carpet cleaning to try to maintain the cleanliness we strive for in these busy months. Unfortunately there is not a lot we can do to make our bathrooms bigger. I do agree that some of our shower heads need replacing and we are in the process of finding a better model. Many have already been replaced already. I am also in the process of purchasing additional mirrors and will have them in place for next season if not before.

Thank you for the pointing out the mold in your air conditioner. Since receiving your comments, I have had an employee taking every single unit apart to be sure there is none.

I would appreciate an opportunity to have you as our guests again. Please call me at your convenience at 410-289-6282 to discuss how we might further assist you. Thank you again for taking the time to review the Madison Beach Motel. I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

first off the room is so small for the amount of money you are spending there.we could of gotten an ocean view for a little bit more.the shower is little,there are no mirrors in the room either.the housekeeping staff seems to assume they can come in any time with out knocking.one morning at 11am a little boy around 9 yrs old just busts thru the room as im changing.no knock or anything! i complain to the staff and they tell me hes in training and went in the wrong room.... he was literally no older then 9.then one evening me,my husband and two of our friends head back to the room to drop off our leftover food a security guy comes to the door 30 secs later to tell us we are being too noisy.we just walked in the room! for 8 years me and my husband have been going to ocean city and this time decided to try a new hotel.wrong decision.good luck if you already booked it!next time we will put up the little bit of extra money to stay somewhere nice.

Room Tip: find a room in a diffrent hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
DebbyOCRooms, Manager at Madison Beach Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review of the Madison Beach Motel. I truly apologize for the housekeeping error. We have put steps in place to be sure that it doesn't happen again.

I agree that we need an additional mirror in the rooms and am in the process of purchasing them for the very near future, as we are constantly looking for ways to make our guests more comfortable and happy.

We work very hard to ensure that every guest has a positive experience with us and it appears we failed to make that happen for you. Please call me at your convenience, as I would like to discuss further how we might make things better.

Again, thank you for taking the time to review us. I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

If I could review this motel as 0 I would! When we got there the customer service was horrible. We got to the room and they didn't even have a telephone?!?!? Thats CRAZY! The sheets were stained, the shower was dirty, and there was a cockroach on the ground when we entered. We split the deposit between my friend and I and it has been three weeks (since 4th of July) and I STILL haven't received my security deposit back that was supposedly already given to me. I HATED THIS PLACE! I wish I could have gotten a refund! I WOULD NEVER COME BACK! I THE MADISON BEACH MOTEL!

Room Tip: Do not book this place. It's awful.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Maddie J

Maddie,

I wish I had the opportunity to speak with you during your stay so that I could have made things right for you while you were here. There's no excuse for a dirty room. In fact, we here at the Madison pride ourselves on our friendly staff and clean rooms. I would have certainly ensured that things were perfect for you on your well deserved vacation.

It's true that like many older motels in Ocean City, there are no phones in the room. Cell phones seem to fill the void and we allow any guest without one to use our lobby phone. I'm sorry that we inconvenienced you but not making you aware of that.

If you have not received your security deposit back, please call me at 410-289-6282, so that I can resolve this immediately for you. These are generally returned on checkout day, so I'm unsure why you have not received it.

Thank you for you candor. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

Clean, bare bones place to sleep/shower... 75% of most time spent in a hotel/motel room is spent sleeping anyway... who needs a over priced add- on, to jack room rates up ??? I have stayed there twice and will go back again- ASAP because of location and price in downtown OCEAN CITY..The staff is friendly and willing to make your stay as pleasant as possible. THIS IS A BANG FOR YOUR BUCK.... if you need silk sheets,sorry... But a reasonable nights stay- YES :) .

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
13  Thank George N

George,

Thank you for your kind review. We work hard to make the Madison Beach Motel a place that guests want to return to year after year. The majority of our guests are repeat guests like yourself, and it's very rewarding to see you year after year!

Looking forward to your next visit,

Reviewed May 11, 2012

My fiancee and I stayed here on a weekend trip to Ocean City during the off-season. We got an amazing deal on the room. It was smaller than we were expecting, but it's a hotel room- you just need a place to sleep, to change, and to use the toilet! It was REALLY clean, which is a must for me.

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. They told us about things to do our first night when the weather was not cooperating, including fun restaurants.

Overall, if you want a five-star hotel, this isn't it. If you want something that's clean, comfortable, and a great deal, then this is your place!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank chlorine_kelsey

I really appreciate you taking the time out of your schedule to place a review of the Madison Beach Motel.

We pride ourselves on our cleanliness and friendliness, and I'm happy that you found us to be so. Please give me a call if there is ever anything I can do for you. I look forward to meeting you on your next visit.