“Off Season Review”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Well, to start I am going to be fair and give English"s the benefit of the doubt because we went two weeks after season had ended and it was clear they were very short handed. I appreciate the business staying open. The food was fresh and being refilled quickly. The line to get your food was a little long and backed up. Our waitress was great. She was working hard and had a pleasant attitude. The restaurant staff were a little disorganized and we waited a little longer than I think we should have to be seated.

1  Thank kalisn1

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Do not waste your money going there. The food was terrible. The worst buffet we ever been at. Let me explain why we said this... My husband and I been in Ocean City this past weekend (September 7-9). We are not "picky eaters," and understand that if we pay "chip," we get "chip things,"but never imagine how bad this place it will be. We decided to go there because it was close to our hotel and the place didn't look bad at all. "Don't get fool by the look of the place". The dinner buffet $14.95 + tax + drink. Once inside, the place is horrible, a dilapidated place. The waiters were unwilling to serve. Now I understand why... "They were feeling sorry for the people that came to eat at the place". The buffet consisted of the following: cold pasta salad (just mayo and pasta), mini corn dogs ("frozen"), BBQ ribs (bone only), old and stinky shrimps (didn't even dare to try it), fried calamari (hard brick), corn (can), not sure if that was rice or some kind of weird looking thing, and fried oily chicken. In the salad bar was just dry lettuce and tomatoes, and musty dressings. Fruit: just cantaloupe. Desserts: cherry pie, brownies, and what I guess was ice cream. If you want to have a good time just keep away to going into this place.

1  Thank Mamiricura
Reviewed September 9, 2012

This place had an all you can eat buffet but really did not offer much. They had a limited amount to eat and the bacon and sausage had a funny taste to it. I've had worse but also had plenty better.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

be prepared to wait in line for almost 20 min for breakfest. food is good but the wait is ridiculous. they def need better set up on their buffet. but i heard their dinner is good and next time im down there im def trying it. price is good too

2  Thank alison d
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We went to English's on September 3, 2012 for dinner. The advertisment for the place in the local magazine shows a lovely picture of what is served on the buffet, or should I say "barfett". The picture is beautiful, but it is false advertising. When we walked in, the place smelled of rotten clams and B.O. It felt like 100 degrees in there and I asked the person who seated us why it was so hot. She stated that the A/C was broken. I wanted to leave right then and there, but it was pouring rain and we were all hungry so unfortunately we stayed. BIG MISTAKE!!! All of the food was terrible. There was no ice cream machine as stated in the ad and everything was stale and tasteless. To make things worse, a few of us had to use the restrooms. no hot water, lights were out in the ladies room, and no paper towels, so we had to use our napkins at the table when we left the bathroom. They have hand driers on the wall, but they don't work! HOW DO THEIR EMPLOYEES WASH THEIR HANDS??? We were all disgusted with this place and the board of health needs to inspect it. We should have gone to a fast food place.