“DISGUSTING! Don't STAY” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #94 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
New Jersey
“DISGUSTING! Don't STAY”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2009

We decided to take a long weekend in Ocean City, MD the 1st weekend in September, 2009. Check out a lot of sites and this Motel kept coming up - being touted as "clean, family owned and operated, yadda, yadda". We didn't want something right on the beach of boardwalk because of the noise and this one was a block in - pretty pictures - family run - sounded good enough - we just needed a place to sleep!

It was the most disgusting place I have ever stayed in. Unfortunately, they've got your deposit up front and as you're checking in (and second guessing you're plan because of what you're seeing in person - and it has nothing to do with the photos on any web site checked) you see the small sign that says "no refunds". So you might as well grin and bear it and stay the night. Right? WRONG. DON'T DO IT! RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN.

Entering the room - (I'll forget about the outside - it is a motel near the beach - the elements have beaten it to death) we put down our bags and sit on the corner of the bed, which immediately falls to the ground.

The carpets, wall paper/paint, curtains, etc., have not been changed (or probably even really cleaned) since the 1960's. I am NOT exaggerating.

The bathroom - OMG. Worse than the public restrooms on the beach/boardwalk. Again, NOT exaggerating.

Oh did I mention that when you close the door you can see daylight coming through all 4 sides?

The worst - the ants. I saw one ant before we left to go to the boardwalk. We came back with an italian ice - almost finished. Walked into the room - put it on the night table - changed my clothes - turned around and the cup was COVERED with ants. You could not tell what was under the ants. There were so many, there were layers and layers of ants on top of the cup, in the cup, climbing up the table to get to the cup.

Went down to the lobby (which was closed) - to get someone to come look - figured then there was no way they could refuse me a refund. But alas, nobody home! Call the number on the sign taped to the front door - guess what? You guessed it - NO answer.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Lislazz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2009

I stayed during the week and the rate was wonderful, definitely the cheapest I could find at the location. Just steps from the ocean and the boardwalk! It`s not a 5 star hotel, but the room was clean and nice, me& my bf enjoyed it a lot. Dunkin Donuts is right next door, so I could have my fav coffee&donuts every morning;-) Front desk lady was very helpful and the maid service was ok as well. It`s a decent beach motel and i would definitely recommend you to stay there. Ask for the second floor coz the view is better there.

Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank amiga801
Baltimore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2009

I am not a snob or picky AT ALL, and i will stay just about anywhere if its half way decent. This motel is so nasty i cannot even describe. Please trust both my review and the other ones that say its nasty-- and there are many. This place has it all; mold, hundreds of ants in your room, stinks, inoperative faucets, your bedding IS NOT CLEAN, suspected mice infestation, the maids steal. Ive been to prison in my youth and stayed in more humane dwellings. This place should be shut down, blown up and/or set afire. NASTY!!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jay3607

Travelers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

PA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2009

On a trip with my sister we picked this less expensive place to stay since the pictures of the motel looked descent. We aren't super picky about hotels/motels, but this place was disgusting! As soon as we check into the room we notice there is sand allover the bed and also noticed some kind of vomit like substance on the comforter as well. The ceiling tiles have black mold on them. The bathroom couldn't have been cleaned all year. The sink sprayed water everywhere when you turned it on. We woke in the morning to ants allover the dresser and there were strange noises all night. Resembling the sounds of mice scurrying through the walls. If we knew it was going to be this bad we would have spent the extra 50 bucks for a better place. Not recommended for those people who like a little cleanliness in their lives.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank Traveler1234Pa
Joppa, MD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2009

This was the cheapest motel I could find for one night. The room was clean but extremely small. The window was really small and didn't open. I saw a few ants in the bathroom. It is definitely an old motel with few upgrades but it we didn't stay long in it served its purpose and we all got a good nights sleep. The pool was small but clean and the kids enjoyed it. But what can you expect for 75$ a night? The people above us were extremely noisy as well.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank poca1313
Pen Argyl
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2009

Stayed here for 4 days last july. It was very hard getting extra towels, there was mold on the ceiling and in the bathroom. The entire room smelled like something had died. The cherry on the top was when i thought the maid was stealing money from me. I would leave spare change on the dresser and on the bed, when we came back form our day it would be gone. I wouldent suggest anyone staying here, you get what you pay for. Also, I got a really bad case of athletes foot from their beautiful bathroom floor, make sure you wear flip flops, bring your own blankets, and maybe a safe to put you’re belongings in.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BannaBoat87
WV
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2009

This hotel was terrible. For starters the room was riddled with ants. It was highly disgusting. Throughtout the week the security comes door to door.. EVERY NIGHT to knock on your door and check to make sure you don't have anyone over because your allowed no guest. And you have to watch him sit in the parking lot and yell at girls all night. Then at check out which i believe was 11. I go to the front to get my security deposit, and they don't have any money because they just opened, the guy asked me to come back later. I live 4 hours away might I add. So after numerous phone attempts to get my money back with the the response of "we sent it out today" a few times.. i gave up.
This hotel is horrible if your going to enjoy OC do not.. i repeat do NOT stay here. Ants. Musky Smells. Mold. BOO! thumbs down.

• Liked — the location
  • Disliked — the hotel its self and everything associated
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank WvJjjjjjj