“Horrible” 1 of 5 stars

Cabana Motel
Ranked #101 of 108 Hotels in Ocean City
“Horrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Spare yourself the trouble this place is horrible your not even getting your money's worth I just couldn't do it I had to go sleep in my truck. There is mold everywhere didn't take my flip flops off for a second. The floor is wet and has stains all over it. They really need to think about renovating

• Stayed August 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Ligonier, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Well I booked this hotel and read the reviews afterward and I thought I booked a dump. I took cleaning supplies and my own linens with me because I was scared on what I was getting into. The Floors were clean, The bedding was clean, and the room had a tv and refridge/freezer. It aslo had lamps and alarm clock. The room had a couple of down falls such as a musty smell from the air conditioner and the bathroom faucets were out dated other than that it was a room to stay in and walking distance to alot. I also read a review that they didn't clean their pool and well I stayed for 4 nights and the pool was cleaned daily. I would stay hear again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
9 Thank jessica n
Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I have stayed at the Cabana many times in the past and it was always "Okay" (you got what you paid for). However this most recent stay was the first time in about 5 years. Since then there has been new owners. The room was filthy, the bathroom made me want to vomit it was so dirty. (see photos) We never got clean towels, I had to go into the store room and get them myself. I was affraid to eat anything while in the room for fear I might get sick. I am 49 years old and I have traveled all over the world and this motel without a doubt is the most disgusting place I have ever seen. If anyone has given this place a goo rating I will bet a years pay it came from the onwers. The toilet would not flush and I complained but they did nothing and I had to fix it myself. I would not shower in this room and had to go to a friends hotel to shower

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank tspeck63

Travelers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

Granted it's $40 a night, but this place is flat out disgusting. We had dead cockroaches all over our room's wall when we checked in. I complained, but the guy at the desk didn't even speak english. What a disgrace. We are not at all picky, but we ended up sleeping in our car. Do yourself a HUGE favor, don't be cheap and settle for this dirthole. Spend the extra few bucks elsewhere...ITS WORTH IT

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank MarkBees
Bowie, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

My boyfriend and I wanted to take a spur of the moment trip overnight to OC back in June of 2010 (not 2011 like it says above). We found out about The Cabana Motel online prior to going down and booked the room a few days in advance. We really didn't think it was all that bad, considering the price was affordable for us and we are not all that picky. It was very close to the beach and boardwalk and was just fine for us. I didn't notice any mold, smells, dirty carpets or plumbing issues. The only things that I can say that weren't good about the place were the rickety, old, wooden steps that we had to walk up to get to the 2nd floor to our room, the fact that the key we were given wouldn't open our door so we had to go back to the office and get the attendant, and the ants that invaded the room during the night (I woke up and found them all over the nightstand and next to my head on the bed). Other than that, the room pretty much provided everything we were looking for...a place to crash, watch cable, keep a few drinks in the mini fridge, a microwave, and a nice, little view outside the bathroom window which faced the beach. The bed was really comfortable, too. I'd go back again, and I've heard they made some renovations since we stayed. Maybe they worked out the kinks...

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Pam L
Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

If you are looking for a very basic room without traditional amenities or hotel comforts, this is for you. Hotel rated a 2-star - very much a stretch. Older motel that has not been updated (no outlet in bathroom, old tile, old windows, screen with large hole - allows flies in). You will need to bring a power strip, blow dryer, and iron / ironing board. Room did provide clean sheets / towels and ok flat pillows. Mini-fridge, microwave, and old TV were stacked vertically in the closet space opposite the beds. No room for hanging clothes. One dresser - 2 drawers was it for storage. Shower curtain had mold and it was hard to tell if tile was clean so bring flip fliops. Front desk staff very friendly. Hotel rate was inexpensive. Many long-term :young people were guests.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank cin0576
York, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

We came down on a weekend that we randomly planned. looked up some hotels and motels , but they were ridiculously expensive, so then we stopped by cabana motel. they had a good price and i've been told they just re innovated the rooms, so we decided to spend the weekend there. We had a wonderful time there , not going to lie, its nice, cozy and looks fresh. staff is also very helpful and nice. while i read all other reviews on this site i just had to write a review that they really did a good job on renovating the rooms and they look nothing like the photos i saw on this site, however i never stayed at this motel before.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family