“the extras”

Ripley's Believe it or Not!
Ranked #9 of 56 things to do in Ocean City
More attraction details
Owner description: Two stories filled with more than 500 exhibits, artifacts, and oddities from around the world. The only place in Ocean City where you'll find a shrunken head, a 12ft tall robot sculpture made from scrap car parts, one-of-a-kind artwork, the world's rarest egg, and two-headed animals!
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The kids wanted to go, and we got the tickets, AND THEN we got the UPSELL....house of mirrors would be more $$$, and something else I forgot about.
Overall, it's not too bad, but it seems more like a rip off trying to nickle/dime you about the extras.
The place with the mirrors was okay......
Maybe because I'm not a kid, I'm not impressed.

There are newer reviews for Ripley's Believe it or Not!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

For a family this is too much to ask $ 15 plus tax for all of us, no thank you. Not worth it for what you can view for free in the book at the local library.

1  Thank busydeb7
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I though my kids, 6 and 11 would like it, they didn't. My 6 yr old was scarred of most stuff. My 10 year old thought some of it was good, like the animal exhibit. I don't think 90% of the stuff has changed since I went in it as a kid in the 1980's.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Tourist trap. SInce I live in the area and friends frequently visit some of the kids wanted to go there. I remember RBION way back when it was interesting but now it's just the same stuff that you get to see for a high price.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Ripley's is a fun diversion for adults and teens. There were several rooms that I felt were not appropriate (sexual or violent images) for my 8 year old niece, and I had to cover her eyes because you have to walk through every room. My older kids (19, 17) and husband enjoyed it though. Think carefully about taking kids younger than 12 or 13.

1  Thank Beverly K